Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How does deodorant actually work?

What's going on down there anyway?

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2013

Everyone on DL should go a week without deodorant and report their experience next Wednesday.

by Anonymousreply 104/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 204/04/2013

"Down there?" Deodorant does absolutely NOTHING for me down there.

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2013

It masks the sent by mixing with the sweat. Antiperspirant on the other hand actually stops you from sweating by clogging the pours.

And by the way, sweat dose not smell bad, its the bacteria under the arm which is activated by the sweat that smells.

Class Dismissed

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2013

Deodorant is perfume. Anti-perspirant has an active ingredient that absorbs moisture. Most personal care products have both, however you can purchase products that contain one or the other.

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2013

Does anybody know of a deodorant that actually smells nice? I hate the way basically every scented deodorant I've ever used smells. I've been using unscented ones since high school, but I always find that after a long day of wear they can take on a funky odor anyway, which the (stinky) perfume helps to mask in other deodorants.

I'm not a heavy sweater, so light scents should be fine, but I've never found a deodorant that doesn't reek.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2013

R4? Please tell me you misspelled those words on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2013

I avoid using aluminum-containing antiperspirants.

The protein plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer's sufferers contain a higher than normal amount of aluminum.

No definite proof that aluminum may be a factor, but I won't be taking any unnecessary chances.

I regard Alzheimer's as worse than cancer.

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2013

Alzheimer's probably isn't as bad as you think... it's probably the ideal disease for a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 904/04/2013

Was that a barb, r9?

by Anonymousreply 1004/04/2013

No, just a comment. Alzheimer's is worse for the family and caregivers than it is for the patient.

by Anonymousreply 1104/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!