Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Parking illegally with the hazard lights on

I realize that the hazard lights are not a legal defense to parking illegally, but I understood that they indicate you will just be gone a few minutes (dropping of a package, picking up milk, etc.) and some parking enforcement people would cut you some slack as long as you are quick.

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2013

Go to hell. I hate people like you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 104/03/2013

It's called double parking, OP. And nope, you will not get a pass on it.

For UPS and FedEx parking tickets are considered the cost of business. Needless to say the drivers rack up a lot tickets for double parking.

by Anonymousreply 204/03/2013

Keep it up, OP, and soon you'll be driving a "Keyed Paint Job" model.

by Anonymousreply 304/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 404/03/2013

It is not double parking unless you are parked in a traffic lane. That's not what I'm talking about. Today it was a curbside spot on a block on which only commercial vehicles are allowed to park during business hours.

by Anonymousreply 504/03/2013

I was told in Weho you could park in an permit only zone and have fifteen minutes to move your car. The car would have to be following every other parking rule EXCEPT you not having the needed permit. So, this wouldn't excuse parking in red zones, in front of a hydrant, or parking behind another car, trapping them in.

But I could be totally wrong. I've done it countless times over the years and have never received a ticket.

by Anonymousreply 604/03/2013

You're just lucky. It is not a magic talisman that keeps tickets away. Indeed, if your car is having an emergency, you would stay by it, not run in to do some shopping.

by Anonymousreply 704/03/2013

I don't think of it as falsely claiming an emergency. It's "yeah, I know I'm not supposed to park here but I'll just be a minute."

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2013

R6 Re Weho, You still need to have your hazard lights on if you do that. I would guess any where else you need to follow their laws to avoid a ticket.

If you were blocking traffic I would key your car or let the air out of your tires (after I had passed your car).

by Anonymousreply 904/03/2013

No parking means NO PARKING.

by Anonymousreply 1004/03/2013

r9 Why the hell would you want to key someone's car over something so petty? I hope you get arrested and charged with vandalism.

Two wrongs don't make a right, especially when that wrong is not a very big deal. Go around the damn car.

by Anonymousreply 1104/03/2013

You're costing couriers money. They're paid on commission, and each minute counts.

by Anonymousreply 1204/03/2013

The block was half empty. I wasn't holding up anyone. I find it quite odd that some people assume their worst case scenario and work themselves into a rage.

Anyway-the question was not whether you think I'm a bad person for parking illegally.

by Anonymousreply 1304/03/2013

If the block was half-empty, why didn't you--

Oh, never mind. You're too stupid to address.

by Anonymousreply 1404/03/2013

Most the time if you leave your keys in the ignition while you go in the 7-11 your car will not be stolen.

Does that mean it's a good idea?

by Anonymousreply 1504/03/2013

Nice OP so the truck driver on a tight schedule has to circle the block waiting for you to finish your errand before he can park and unload his delivery. What makes you so special?

by Anonymousreply 1604/03/2013

R14, I'll answer the question you didn't finish asking.

A half-empty parking block happens ALL the time in places like West Hollywood. And if you're not blocking anyone in, parking in a red zone, etc., parking in an otherwise legal spot, but not having a permit to technically park there, it seems silly you can't run in and drop off a gift or whatever, putting your hazards on to indicate you will be right back.

by Anonymousreply 1704/03/2013

[quote]If the block was half-empty, why didn't you--

The whole block was commercial parking only.

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2013

Hey OP: "Loathe ya."

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2013

Says more about you than me, R19.

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2013

So you PLAN to run in and drop off a package, but then the big one comes, Elizabeth, and down you go, shop girls freak out, someone has the presence of mind to call an ambulance, they get you to the hospital, you have to stay there for two weeks, THEN what happened to your car, sitting there in front of Gaymart with the hazard lights on?

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!