Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ronald Reagan's son says legalizing same-sex marriages will lead to "polygamy, bestiality and murder"

The son of former president Ronald Reagan warns in an op-ed published Tuesday that legalizing gay marriage will lead to "polygamy, bestiality and perhaps even murder."

Michael Reagan, a political consultant, made the claims as he calls on church leaders to stand up and fight against same-sex marriage.

"It’s ultimately about changing the culture of the entire country," he writes in the Ironton Tribune.

Legalizing same-sex marriages, he writes, "inevitably will lead to teaching our public school kids that gay marriage is a perfectly fine alternative and no different than traditional marriage."

"There is also a very slippery slope leading to other alternative relationships and the unconstitutionality of any law based on morality," he continues. "Think about polygamy, bestiality, and perhaps even murder."

Reagan slams the Republican Party, saying party leaders are too preoccupied with the next presidential election to be concerned about the moral threat that he believes same-sex marriages pose to the country.

"Where’s the moral outrage?" he asks. "Why aren’t thousands of our pastors, priests and rabbis shouting from their pulpits? Why aren’t they leading their congregations through the streets in mass protest?"

It's up to churches to "defend the culture against legalized gay marriage," he says, but instead religious leaders are "hiding in their pews."

"It’s time for the churches to get engaged and start fighting for America, instead of wimping out," he writes. "You can't win the fight if you don't put on the gloves."

Reagan is the eldest son of the former president and he's the author of "The New Reagan Revolution: How Ronald Reagan's Principles Can Restore America's Greatness."

by Anonymousreply 4104/06/2013

The adopted son, right?

by Anonymousreply 104/03/2013

I wish he would fuck off. I suppose the divorce rate is our fault too.

Looking at paedophilia, it's clear that 'conventional marriage' always protects the child... oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 204/03/2013

When people bring bestiality into the gay argument, it's such a ridiculous rationale. Because there is none! Two consenting adults of either sex have a right to enter into a marriage contract. A beast can't give consent. And neither can a minor. Polygamy is more similar because it's consenting adults, but the argument against that is that only one marriage contract is valid at a time. Just like you can only have a driv license valid in one state at a time.

by Anonymousreply 304/03/2013

Polygamy? Bestiality? Murder?

I take it that Michael Reagan is unemployed.

Despite being Nancy's favorite, Ron Reagan is still the best Reagan kid.

by Anonymousreply 404/03/2013

Yes, Michael. Those religious leaders have certainly kept their mouths shut regarding gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 504/03/2013

[quote]When people bring bestiality into the gay argument, it's such a ridiculous rationale.

If the rationale weren't ridiculous, they wouldn't be Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 604/03/2013

[quote]Legalizing same-sex marriages, he writes, "inevitably will lead to teaching our public school kids that gay marriage is a perfectly fine alternative and no different than traditional marriage."

Well yeah, so?

by Anonymousreply 704/03/2013

You forgot to add "In a desperate attempt to remain even vaguely relevant ..."

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2013

This is the son Ronny didn't even recognize when he graduated from prep school.

Angela Channing's son.

by Anonymousreply 904/03/2013

Michael, darling, when you're only famous because your father stuck some sperm into his first wife - and that marriage failed by the way - then it's time to consider that you are a loser of the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 1004/03/2013

Because none of the those things occur in places that don't have same sex marriage?! Twat.

by Anonymousreply 1104/03/2013

Bedtime For Bonzo.

by Anonymousreply 1204/03/2013

Amazing how that family flip flopped on their conservative outlook when dad got sick, they never would have approved stem cell research otherwise. I assume this is not the more progressive son he had?

by Anonymousreply 1304/03/2013

Guys, this is his asshole son Michael.

Ron Reagan is more liberal and on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 1404/03/2013

Fucking sock puppet father political actor, and son the twit.

by Anonymousreply 1504/03/2013

I was thinking, "Don't these phobes understand how they will look ten years from now, when gay marriage is common?". Then I realized they don't care; they need the immediate praise from their brethren. A very sick culture of hate.

by Anonymousreply 1604/03/2013

Michael Reagan is a well known, and widely dismissed loon. Even conservatives run screaming from his dopiness.

by Anonymousreply 1704/03/2013

I was never taught about marriage in school. Is this something new?

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2013

[quote] "Don't these phobes understand how they will look ten years from now, when gay marriage is common?".

Conservatives don't look to the future. The future is scary for them. Instead, they look to the past. They don't want to move forward, they want to move backwards. Back to a time when there were no gays, a woman's place was in the kitchen, and certain folks weren't allowed on the golf course.

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2013

---

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2013

Which of the children was he?

Oh, that's right: the particularly unloved one, from that failed marriage to Jane Wyman.

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2013

Yes, because those three do not exist in today's status quo of straight marriages.

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2013

Dumb, sad loser ignored by his adopted father and mother. With the possible exception of Ron J, the Reagans were mean and neglectful to their children.

by Anonymousreply 2304/03/2013

Ron, Jr. says he had a distant relationship with his dad, not sure about his mom.

by Anonymousreply 2404/03/2013

Make that *a* son of [that conservative asshole whose name I can't type] instead of *the* son.

by Anonymousreply 2504/03/2013

There is no "Ron Jr." They have different middle names.

by Anonymousreply 2604/03/2013

I see he's inherited his father's intellectual bent.

by Anonymousreply 2704/03/2013

R27 Especially tricky when you're adopted.

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2013

What a stupid moron. That's like saying giving equal rights to black people will lead to giving equal rights to monkeys.

Again, conservatives fail in logic, the foundation of humanity.

by Anonymousreply 2904/03/2013

Wow, R29. Congratulations for making the most racist analogy I've seen on DL in quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 3004/03/2013

I saw this thread title and said, "Oh, no he doesn't!!"

Then I saw the name "Michael" and said, "Oh, yeah--that one."

by Anonymousreply 3104/03/2013

Michael Reagan defends same-sex marriage.

Well, which one is it?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 3204/03/2013

[quote]Michael Reagan defends same-sex marriage.

Read the article. He defends his opinion, not same-sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 3304/04/2013

What's wrong with polygamy???

by Anonymousreply 3404/04/2013

I want to hear more about the 'murder'.

by Anonymousreply 3504/04/2013

what the hell is the ironton tribune?

Just because this fuck claims the last name of Reagan doesn't mean he needs to have every fart and burp go national.

by Anonymousreply 3604/04/2013

He should be careful. Look what happened to his sister for lying.

by Anonymousreply 3704/04/2013

Whatever happened to the youngest Reagan daughter who reminded me of Carrie Fisher? Has she become a neocon?

by Anonymousreply 3804/04/2013

[quote] ironton tribune?

You never heard of it? It's right up there with the Lumberton Herald.

by Anonymousreply 3904/04/2013

Ron Jr. has always been rumored to be gay, and Patti has a new lesbian novel out.

by Anonymousreply 4004/04/2013

No doubt Michael Reagan reflects the thinking of his father.

by Anonymousreply 4104/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.