Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marie Osmond: love yourself

Yet another book from the flashiest Mormon alive.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 2204/14/2013

I have to say, she looks great.

Although as always she sounds loopy and completely stoned/drunk off her ass.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 104/03/2013

Yes, do "Love Yourself," except when you're a closeted Mor(m)on son of a haggard celeb whose career is more important than her children.

But if you come out as a lesbian, be sure to tell Mom before she goes on her press tour, so she can use her surviving queer spawn for her own purposes!

And don't mention that Mom still tithes THOUSANDS to her, cult, er "church," which DIRECTLY funded Proposition 8.

No, no, no, because mere platitudes will placate the homos, who buy Mom's horrid dolls and ghost-written book.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 204/03/2013

I have seen the Osmonds, and Donny & Marie. They readily admit, the reason they even started in show business was to support their church. I have read Marie's other book, about her depression, and she admits abuse. (HOW, I wonder considering how closely they were monitored when they were adolescents, but if Marie says so.... Anyhoo, the family has remained close, religious and certainly no wife/baby mama swapping like their peers in another famous family of the time. They worked hard for their money, and still work hard, good for them I say. I am gay, but have been a fan for over 40 years.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 304/03/2013

"I am gay, but have been a fan for over 40 years."

Because you're a gullible, stupid, doll-hoarding Mary.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 404/03/2013

Marie is good people.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 504/03/2013

That's when I started really hating you.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 604/03/2013

If by "good," you mean members of bizarre money-hoarding Ponzi-scheme cults that spend millions to make gay rights illegal, SURE!

by Stephi Nopolousreply 704/03/2013

R7 I mean I've met her a few times and she's good people.

Relax Mary.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 804/03/2013

Yes, you're obviously easily impressed by vapid celebrities. Did you get her autograph after waiting backstage at her tacky Vegas show?

One can only imagine the outfits you wear. Mary.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 904/03/2013

I have loathed the Osmonds for over 40 years. If we never saw or heard from them again ever, I'd be fine with that.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1004/03/2013

My favorite description of her ever was as "Mormon sex kitten Marie Osmond."

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1104/03/2013

Their show must not be too tacky since its been a hit for like 5 years or so.

Pull the plug out of your ass!

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1204/03/2013

r12 = Merrill Osmond

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1304/03/2013

She is bat-shit crazy

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1404/03/2013

R13 = Jay Osmond

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1504/03/2013

Yes, because longevity is the true mark of class in Las Vegas.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1604/04/2013

Love yourself, but support a "church" that tells women they are so unworthy they need to uncomplainingly accept abuse.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1704/04/2013

I was completely indifferent to the Osmonds but got dragged to their show in the Las Vegas Flamingo Hotel a few years ago by a collegue with comped tickets. I was surprised, the show was very entertaining.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1804/04/2013

Out of the family, I think she was the only one that wanted to move to Hollywood back in the day. She was sort of the rebel if you your looking at it through Brady Bunch Eyes.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 1904/04/2013

The secret is those dolls she sells and got rich from are secretly stuffed with drugs. They are used as mules to move money for the cult in which she belongs.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 2004/04/2013

why the hae for her? she supports equal rights.

by Stephi Nopolousreply 2104/14/2013

Jay was the bachelor of the group for years. He's aged very good, looks better than Donny. He was also choreographer of the group, youtube Yo-Yo on Flip Wilson. The Osmonds surprised me by their sheer talent, playing mulitple instruments (no tapes/loops like today's "musicians". Donny and Marie were very open to the audience, and payed special attention to the handicaped (wheelchaired) fans. Again, let's compare them to their contempory rivals...

by Stephi Nopolousreply 2204/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!