Since 1995

L*I*Z*A attends ELAINE STRITCH'S Farewell retirement show at the Carlyle

Is Liza all there??

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3704/04/2013

Was Liza EVER all there?|

by Hit it Pappy!reply 104/03/2013

LOL R1

by Hit it Pappy!reply 204/03/2013

Most of them look like total shit. Tom Hanks looks the worst he has ever looked. Bloated, baggy eyed and pale. Like an old drunk.

Elaine has something wonky going on with her right eye, too.

Liza looks good in the pics of her alone. REALLY good.

Bernadette looks great.

Who are those two blond queens with her in some pics? That one young guy has crazy eyes and looks like he thinks he is just all that and a bag of chips.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 304/03/2013

The young guy is Ryan Herlicka, an actor. he was in the revival of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC with Catherine Zeta Jones who was replaced by Bernadette Peters.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 404/03/2013

[quote]Liza looks good in the pics of her alone. REALLY good.

I agree. In those pics, yes.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 504/03/2013

OMG! It's Hunter Ryan Headlicker!

by Hit it Pappy!reply 604/03/2013

He looks like a Thunderbird puppet.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 704/03/2013

Rob Bowman shows up as the pianist in other photos.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 804/03/2013

Where the hell am i?

by Hit it Pappy!reply 904/03/2013

Rita, you're there.... in one picture.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1004/03/2013

You can tell by the look on his (puffy) face that Tom Hanks is thinking, "I'm a movie star. I don't know any of you people. Who IS this old bat? I thought Bea Arthur was dead."

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1104/03/2013

Elaine is one of those people who figured it all out so late in life. It means we all can. Proves you never stop improving.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1204/03/2013

Should I be ashamed to admit I bought Rita Wilson's CD?

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1304/03/2013

Liza and Bernadette both showed up BUT seperately. Must not be besties.

Every queen would have gone nuts in the place if they arrived together and joined Elaine for a threeway duet of Broadway Baby

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1404/03/2013

Is anyone else curious why Elaine is moving and retiring to godforasken Birmingham, MI of all places!? I realize she and Madonna, both bitches, grew up there, but still. You would think she could hire, or her many Broadway friends could if money were an issue, a caretaker so she could live out the rest of her days at the Carlyle in the city she loves. Or, at the very least, Jan Maxwell could offer to put her up in her palatial rent-subsidized Manhattan Plaza digs. But she probably would charge Stritch a fortune for a tiny maid's room without a window. It's a conundrum.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1504/03/2013

I just spit soda all over my keyboard at that pic OP.

When did Liza become Asian?

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1604/03/2013

liza had surgery on her mouth last year. She looks lopsided. I mean her mouth not her person although.....

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1704/03/2013

[quote]liza had surgery on her mouth last year. She looks lopsided. I mean her mouth not her person although.....

It doesn't look lopsided to me.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1804/03/2013

Oh, please, please, please, I hope that HBO, Showtime, anybody taped this.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 1904/03/2013

[quote]Is anyone else curious why Elaine is moving and retiring to godforasken Birmingham, MI of all places!? I realize she and Madonna, both bitches, grew up there, but still. You would think she could hire, or her many Broadway friends could if money were an issue, a caretaker so she could live out the rest of her days at the Carlyle in the city she loves.

Elaine is old, very old. Elaine is a pain in the ass, a huge pain in the ass. Elaine is drinking again, at least from time to time, and she's an 88 year-old diabetic. I saw her last year at Town Hall, and she was greatly diminished from her "At Liberty" senior peak.

I would imagine she needs some help just getting around, and her with her daily healthcare. I would imagine she has a nice Equity pension (the maximum is about 9 grand a month, I think), a little savings, maybe very small pensions from SAG, AFTRA and Social Security. Still, I would guess living at The Carlyle must run 10 grand a month alone. Maybe she just wants to be closer to her nieces and nephews, and let them assist her in her daily needs. Why not help them instead of handing it all over to The Actor's Fund Home in Englewood?

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2004/03/2013

Would some celebrity just die of a horrific death already? I'm bored.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2104/03/2013

Her pianist is nice and nicely hung.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2204/03/2013

I'm sure her young relatives are less than thrilled, and there is no guarantee she'll share her wealth with them. She makes the Weisslers look kind and generous. The tales of her meanness, both to people and with money, are legion. And remember - only the good die young.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2304/03/2013

This isn't rocket science. She is ancient and has SAID that she doesn't have the energy anymore and that she does want to be closer to family. She said she doesn't want to rehearse for anything anymore and that is what performing requires.

And she can't remember lines anymore.

She said this all in an interview recently.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2404/03/2013

I've never thought Tom Hanks was a good looking guy, but man he looks just awful now. And that mustache - is that for some part he's playing? WTF?

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2504/03/2013

Good lord, Tom Hanks looks like my angry Republican gun-toting beer-swilling Polish uncle. And that is not a good thing.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2604/03/2013

[quote]Maybe she just wants to be closer to her nieces and nephews, and let them assist her in her daily needs.

I won't be wiping that old broad's ass anytime soon thankyouverymuch.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2704/03/2013

The mustache is for a role he's now playing on Broadway.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2804/03/2013

Will the Actor's Fund be able to fly me out there once a week to do her hair?

by Hit it Pappy!reply 2904/03/2013

Liza looks great--and the best in the whole bunch who were photographed. Bernardette not so much.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3004/03/2013

I've never seen a website crueler to old people than this one. And yet, it seems most of the people here are old. Gay self-loathing ?

Give me one specific example how Elaine has been cruel to people or stingy with money !

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3104/03/2013

A (very straight) friend and I were in the car the other day when Sirius played Liza singing some 1940s standard. He didn't recognize her voice and asked me who it was. When I told him, he frowned and said, "Does she have some sort of speech impediment? She's saying all her S's as if they were SH's. Sort of 'schlurring her wordsh.'"

I guffawed, and asked him if he'd been reading Datalounge.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3204/03/2013

If Elaine's been falling as much as she implied then she won't be around for much longer. Oldsters who start falling regularly typically die within a year.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3304/04/2013

[quote]Liza looks good in the pics of her alone. REALLY good.

And it's PURTY!

It's been thrilling to talk to you too, r3. And I'll remember it.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3404/04/2013

Whaaat? How can she be leaving The Carlyle? She must have had a falling out with the management. I have it on pretty good authority that the terms of her contract included a substantial reduction in her her housing costs in exchange for regularly scheduled performances. Almost gratis.

I saw three of her shows there. The second time I sat at the bar (what a great deal. $75 plus the dinner charge and you had better sight lines) and being polite shared a hello with the woman next to me. Turns out it was Elaine's assistant.

The only disconcerting part of the evening was watching Elaine walk to the back of the bar at one point and hike her skirt to give herself a shot in the leg. Insulin, I think.

The third night I was there the aide and I chatted and she said things were getting rocky. I joked with her and asked when she was writing her book about her years with Ms Stritch. She something along the lines of "I try to forget most of it."

Elaine's shows at The Carlyle were always good for people watching since many celebs live upstairs and would watch the show. Warren Beatty and his wife were often in the crowd the nights I was lucky enough to see the show.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3504/04/2013

Elaine looks radiantly happy. I'm sure she is making the right move.

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3604/04/2013

R21 = Patsy Stone

by Hit it Pappy!reply 3704/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.