Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best Mommyblog ever!

"I believe that childhood is a brief, perfect state of being, and so I’ve tried to enclose my family in a shimmering sphere of enchantment, a realm that I call WonderPlanet, right here in our Park Slope brownstone."

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2604/03/2013

He definitely hits the nail on the head. Women who have no awareness of what they're projecting onto the bigger world. They're basically a bunch of mini-Gwyneths, with their own Goop pages.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 104/03/2013

I tire of the endless miso on this site, but that article was right on point.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 204/03/2013

Too bad there are no comments to read, I'd be interested in what kind of feedback he got.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 404/03/2013

R4 Not the NYer mag but much feedback to mommy bloggers here

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 504/03/2013

I tire of the endless histrionics and "misa" from R2.

Kill it. With fire.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 604/03/2013

Miso? Misa? Are these meant to be acronyms? Please explain.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 704/03/2013

Still here, R6.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 804/03/2013

R7, I think they're leaving the -gyny out, which is ironic since it's clearly cunty.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 904/03/2013

These women are "The Feminine Mystique" all over again.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1104/03/2013

"Best" and "mommyblog" should never be in the same sentence.

But hey, better that she has a blog, versus foisting this on a site like DL. She can tell all thirteen of her readers what a special little snowflake she is, since no other woman in history ever had a baby gnaw its way out of a vagina before.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1204/03/2013

Did you read the link, R12?

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1304/03/2013

I love miso! so nutritious!

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1404/03/2013

Miso is too salty and now they're saying too much soy is bad for you.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1504/03/2013

[quote] Miso is too salty and now they're saying too much soy is bad for you.

And the seaweed is radioactive.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1604/03/2013

Boy, that's a funny parody. You'd be surprised how many people resemble it, though.

I was a brief client of a practitioner who was raking it in and not giving much in return. She sent a mass email about reducing her practice that includes the following snippets: " I am so excited about this transition and it is happening at such a perfect time in my life... The biggest piece that I have gotten and am moving with right now is to follow my passion and live my life in the way that I really want to live it....I can have energy for other projects that I am doing in my life at this time. One of these is creating a retreat center in Costa Rica on a beautiful piece of land that I own with my father. I will be traveling a bit more to keep nurturing this vision and creating a sacred space where people can come to heal, grow, laugh, be in community, relax and simply BE." (I swear, everyone wants to buy, visit, and live in Costa Rica these days...) "...Having a home practice will allow me to have more freedom to follow my bliss and really move in a way that feeds my soul..."

This is just part of the email. It's very mememe entitled bullshit life is so blissfully amazing, and the healing work is evolving, etc. And I think ... must be nice. I actually have to work for a living. I can't "reduce my practice" unless I'd like to reduce my ability to buy food / pay for housing.

She's only in her 30s. She nearly hooked me with her contract of services where I'd pay a high amount monthly for a couple years, but I saw the light in time and didn't do it. I can see now how she's able to follow her bliss while the rest of us follow our bills. But it never fails to leave me incredulous. It's the same story of the few living on the backs of the many.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1704/03/2013

Hilarious and, yes, I pictured Goopy immediately.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1804/03/2013

I think you're a little confused, R10.

Then again, healthy gay males might be too much for you.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 1904/03/2013

She's no Libby Gelman-Waxner.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2004/03/2013

Poor R19. Such a cunt, with nothing to insert...

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2104/03/2013

You wish you had a cunt, 21.

That's your problem. One of them.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2204/03/2013

His writing is precious.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2304/03/2013

I'll have the miso, please.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2404/03/2013

So many people I observe treat themselves as if they are characters in a novel or romantic comedy! They arrange their lives with the same care with which a child builds a diorama out of a shoe box. You know, something to be enjoyed by passers-by on the outside, and not organic lives to be motivated from the inside. Weirdos.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2504/03/2013

You've always been a cunt, r24.

by Paul Rudnick, The New Yorkerreply 2604/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.