Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"You fucking fairy...you're a fucking faggot"

That's the 2013 coaching style of basketball head coach Mike Rice at Rutgers University. (The same school were Tyler Clementi committed suicide in 2010).

Here's a compilation video (the lo-lights) of some of his practice sessions:

by Anonymousreply 8804/04/2013

Good for the players for not fighting back. If he touched me, I'd kill him. Choke him out, they'd have to revive him. Not kidding.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

Unreal! Fire him now.

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

Just WOW!!!

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

See him at the end? He looks crazy.

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

I love it when daddy plays Rough!

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

Hmm...he has a twitter account that's probably going to be getting a bit busy.

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2013

Rutgers should be bombarded with emails deriding the school for supporting a coach who is lower than gutter feces. The school should shut its doors with shame, then the place should be burned to the ground to purify the gound they have soiled.

Then Rutgers should disperse their endowment to all the gay people they can find to prove they are truly sorry for being gutter snipe. The they should set up their own guillotine and executed all Rutger's Administration, Coaches and Instuctors along with tutors and all breathing bodies within the Athletic department with all jocks. Rutgers should be fprced tp become a Jehovahs Witness school too.

When I thnk of some more acts of contrition I will post them.

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2013

[quote]If he touched me, I'd kill him. Choke him out, they'd have to revive him. Not kidding.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 804/02/2013

Instead of going to twitter, go to the university. This poison should not be allowed. He poisons people of all orientations. He is a hate monger, and does not belong in an educational institution. It nurtures the concept that homosexuality is disgusting and to be mocked. And at the same school where three years prior, a guy killed himself due to his orientation being made public? What an outrage!

Contact the school and demand they remove poison from their roster. Tell your friends to do so, also. This is not okay.

by Anonymousreply 904/02/2013

They should have fired that asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1004/02/2013

Wow

by Anonymousreply 1104/02/2013

The coach and the athletic director, who knew about this back in December (!), should both be fired immediately.

by Anonymousreply 1204/02/2013

Rutgers had a little hissy fit when members of their women's team were called "nappy headed hos" by Don Imus.

Now let's see how they react to this by one of their own employees. Of course academia is ruled by PC, and PC is about double standards. Some groups are sacred and to be protected and some are not. Let's see where their priorities really lie.

by Anonymousreply 1304/02/2013

I wouldn't mind watching r1 choke r8.

by Anonymousreply 1404/02/2013

Maybe it's not common behavior for college level coaches, but his kind of behavior is common at the high school level. My basketball coach wasn't much better, and the football coach was a sadist. The latter turned out to also be a wife beater and child abuser who committed suicide when his wife had enough of it and left him.

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013

I'm lost for words. This is unbelievable in 2013.

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013

That's because you ARE r1 after having dumped your cookies, r14.

by Anonymousreply 1704/02/2013

You're what's known as a lying sack of shit r17.

by Anonymousreply 1804/02/2013

Which is more appalling: that he treats other human beings like this? or that Rutgers thought a little slap on the wrist was sufficient?

by Anonymousreply 1904/02/2013

Good point r13. This is far worse than being non-pc and offending somebody. This is abuse of power and authority. That man should never be in a position of authority over anyone again.

Did you see how the players just turned their heads and took it? It's sickening. They know he could ruin their careers. This reminds me of Bob Knight who got away with shit like this at Indiana for years. Rutgers has a chance to make a principled stand and stop this now.

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2013

I think you mean yum butch Mary! R8

by Anonymousreply 2104/02/2013

It would be fun to see the Rutgers coach deal with r22.

by Anonymousreply 2304/02/2013

Death to America.

by Anonymousreply 2404/02/2013

He looks like a walking heart attack, and the sooner the better.

Now THAT I'd watch.

by Anonymousreply 2504/02/2013

"Tim Pernetti must fire Mike Rice or his own job at Rutgers is at stake"

by Anonymousreply 2604/02/2013

He's an asshole, and in my experience most coaches are. The coaches at my high school were similar to that, and most of the time I watch a basketball or football game on tv (any level, college or professional) I see appalling behavior. Remember the asshole brothers this past Super Bowl?

by Anonymousreply 2704/02/2013

are they going to say: "keep him, he wins games!" and "don't question the coach, they win games and we live through the team!"

by Anonymousreply 2804/02/2013

Shame on him. Just shame on him.

by Anonymousreply 2904/02/2013

Oh shut up, R22. You're a cunt, the sooner you end your life the better. You're the cause of cancer.

by Anonymousreply 3004/02/2013

Insincere "sorry if I offended anyone" apology and phony rationalization in four... three... two...

by Anonymousreply 3104/02/2013

The reason nothing was done last December is because Rutgers had been accepted into the Big 10 Conference but there were "details" that had to be worked out (money, of course). The scandal would not have helped the case for the Big 10. You are talking a lot of money, and questions people are asking about where is it going.

The men's basketball program is not suffering from Rice's coaching. The school would like to get rid of him, but cannot. Rumor has it Rice knows too much.

Just a rumor.

by Anonymousreply 3204/02/2013

[quote] "You fucking fairy...you're a fucking faggot"

Dad? Is that you?

by Anonymousreply 3304/02/2013

Someone should kill R13.

by Anonymousreply 3404/03/2013

This thread really got interesting quickly! Because I hate to be left out: it'd be great if R22 shot R32 in the knee with a sniper rifle atop a tower on the Rutgers campus.

by Anonymousreply 3504/03/2013

Who still says fairy?? It sounds very 1970's.

by Anonymousreply 3604/03/2013

Magic Johnson should comment on this.

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2013

This is just good masculine gaybro behavior. It'll toughen the guys up. Especially if they really are acting like a fucking fairy.

He's a positive role model for the future of gay rights. Get with the program, dudes.

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2013

R38 = my new BFF

by Anonymousreply 3904/03/2013

Do homophobes really think this shit works? And, in this day of closeted politicians being out after spouting anti-gay hate, does this guy really think that no one suspects he's a closeted mo?

by Anonymousreply 4004/03/2013

R14/R18 - I wouldn't mind watching R1 choke R8 either. As a side note, who knew Jessica Fletcher, R17, had gotten into computer forensics at this ripe old age?

by Anonymousreply 4204/03/2013

He was fired by Rutgers today.

by Anonymousreply 4304/03/2013

R1=Latrell Sprewell

by Anonymousreply 4404/03/2013

According to CNBC, Rutgers knew about this last fall. They fined and suspended him for a few games, but they were willing to forgive and forget until this went viral.

It really makes you wonder how many other skeletons are hiding in big time college sports. You would think that after Ohio State, they would be on edge, but apparently not.

by Anonymousreply 4504/03/2013

He's now been canned.

Of course, having 3 losing seasons in a row didn't help his cause.

If he had one the NCAA, you better believe he'd still be working and given a lifetime contract.

by Anonymousreply 4604/03/2013

No wonder then, that they had three losing seasons in a row. Team morale must have been at an all time low with that idiot at the helm. He deserves assault charges an jail time.

by Anonymousreply 4804/03/2013

Tim Pernetti, who made the decision to "rehabilitate" Rice, needs to go too!

by Anonymousreply 4904/03/2013

Just a good ol boy letting off some steam.

by Anonymousreply 5104/03/2013

R13, this has nothing to do with political correctness in academia. This has to do with the power of sports programs in colleges and universities. If the coach and team are bringing in money, the administration will forgive a great many things. At Rutgers, they gave Schiano sweetheart deals with housing and other perks, because he promised to turn around the football program.

The irony is that Rice was not even an effective coach!

Believe me, if I acted that way in a classroom, I would be summarily dismissed.

by Anonymousreply 5204/03/2013

The boys basketball coach at my high school was like this, a verbally and psychically abusive bully. One day some of the players came into class talking about how he had pushed and some said actually shaken a junior high kid that was a bit "slow" for not doing a drill correctly or something, even the players who were used to his shit seemed to have been freaked out by his level of rage. A few years afterward he was coaching the girls volley ball team and apparently got so worked up during a match that he had a mild heart attack and I'm ashamed to say I was a little bit happy about it, especially after he had to retire. He also was "inappropriate" with a female student but nothing came of that.

by Anonymousreply 5304/03/2013

Oh, my father sent me to Rutgers

To teach me to be a man.

Then the coach called me a faggot

And the BOG gave him the can.

by Anonymousreply 5404/03/2013

The college already knew about the way he treated the students and had seen tapes several months ago. The only reason they fired him is because the tape went public.

by Anonymousreply 5504/03/2013

This seems like closeted behavior. Is he?

by Anonymousreply 5604/03/2013

When I was a kid I use to chew on my moms used cuntpads.

by Anonymousreply 5704/03/2013

I agree,r56. He must have rubbed out a few many times thinking about abusing those hot,sweaty young men...

by Anonymousreply 5804/03/2013

I'm still hung-up on the fact that he'd have players run drills in the nude. Where were the cameras then, huh?

by Anonymousreply 5904/03/2013

IIRC, Rutgers is a public university (i.e., run by the State of New Jersey). So there's really no excuse for such behavior being funded by taxpayers.

by Anonymousreply 6004/03/2013

Insincere, self-serving apology at link:

by Anonymousreply 6104/03/2013

May he remain unemployed for the rest of his life, and may he never live down the embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 6204/03/2013

My macho high school football coach was a homophobic ex-marine who loved sucking cock and yes, I (and a lot of other guys) know that for a fact.

by Anonymousreply 6304/03/2013

I really wondered what would have happened if he had even a medium level of success. He wasn't a very successful coach in terms of wins and losses, so the firing is even easier.

Just wonder if the cover up would be even greater and if there would have been resistance to the firing once the video came out if he had been a winning coach.

Played teams sports my whole youth. Coaches could be dicks and they definitely yelled a lot. I remember a few isolated instances of gay baiting - telling a player they were a sissy, but nothing like this.

by Anonymousreply 6404/03/2013

He's a sociopath. There are many "tough" coaches, and there are yellers and screamers. And, there are those that cross lines of offensiveness to some degree.

But, this really seems like he has deep issues. Even my most obnoxious coaches I felt like there was a point to their rage. There's no point here. He's on a power trip, he's out of control.

by Anonymousreply 6504/03/2013

Ugh, and Rutgers is going to join the Big 10, simply because it's located in a large media market. It's such a bad addition in light of the fact that the administrators do a horrible job or running the university.

by Anonymousreply 6604/03/2013

They should be forced to name the next stadium or gym they build after Tyler Clementi.

by Anonymousreply 6704/03/2013

Why?

by Anonymousreply 6804/03/2013

The subject line of this thread made me HOT!

I love hearing that when my face is being pushed down into a pillow and i'm being thoroughly punished.

by Anonymousreply 6904/03/2013

That was a different coach, R59.

by Anonymousreply 7004/03/2013

I can't believe he made over $650,000 last year. And the professors make about 1/10 that if lucky. Is it any wonder 'murca has become a third world country?

by Anonymousreply 7104/03/2013

He's too plain looking for me to forgive him. Burn him!

by Anonymousreply 7204/03/2013

"My macho high school football coach was a homophobic ex-marine who loved sucking cock"

Isn't that the best place to hide: in plain sight? Why, who would think a homophobic married Christian veteran jock liked guys?

by Anonymousreply 7304/03/2013

[quote]"You fucking fairy...you're a fucking faggot"

Ugh....k-12....Constantly....

by Anonymousreply 7404/03/2013

Rice should be arrested for assault ASAP! They have it on tape. He kicked a player. Threw balls at their head. That's assault.

by Anonymousreply 7504/03/2013

Actually, it's battery.

by Anonymousreply 7604/03/2013

That's one guy who didn't get the memo.He thinks he's still in the 1950's.Why shatter his illusions?He will never fit in or survive the 21st century.He shouldn't even be told their are women in the army,and if a woman ever shows up on his team he'll probably laugh himself into a heart-attack or get fired for feeling her up and go commiit suicide in his basement,if he has one.Wouldn't it be funny if the guy had said "Yeah,I'm a fucking faggot!How did you know?Have you been following me?"

by Anonymousreply 7704/03/2013

I hope he calls a black player a nigger next.Maybe we'll all realize they are just words,or he won't be a problem anymore!

by Anonymousreply 7804/03/2013

r32, knows too much about what--NCAA violations, or something worse?

BTW, firing this guy is pointless. They need to fire the person/people who allowed it.

From a Machiavellian perspective, doesn't the administration check their coaching staffs out in the post-Knight, even post-Sandusky era?

If I was in senior administration there, and my school was working for years towards promotion, I'd be damn sure there were no camera phoned skeletons in my closet.

by Anonymousreply 7904/03/2013

My mother saw the video and said, "Put a nun in there, and it was worse than that." She was describing her Catholic grade school days.

by Anonymousreply 8004/03/2013

[quote]BTW, firing this guy is pointless. They need to fire the person/people who allowed it.

A number of faculty members are demanding that the university's president resign . . .

by Anonymousreply 8104/03/2013

R81 If he was also president during the Tyler Clementi suicide, he should also be fired.

I remember back in the '90s, people talking about how great a school Rutgers was if you're gay.

by Anonymousreply 8204/04/2013

R82 - better than the 1990s, did you know that when Rutgers' gay/lesbian student organization was founded (in December 1969), it was the second ever such group in the nation?

by Anonymousreply 8304/04/2013

And you're fucking fired.

by Anonymousreply 8504/04/2013

Of course the coach should be fired. No question. No one should coach like that, ever.

He is out of control and he knew it and he is now paying the price (his career is over and his family hiding at home due to shame.)

Yes people get away with treating others as he did- that does not mean he should however. Has not to do with PC. Firing balls at player's heads or shoving them from behind is both abusive and cowardly.

He got what was coming to him.

by Anonymousreply 8604/04/2013

His smile definitely sets off my gaydar, when juxtaposed with his hyper-man homophobic business nonsense, which is taken directly from the script, "I'm not gay, my boyfriend is."

by Anonymousreply 8704/04/2013

R81 R83 That intersects with my college years. I got into Rutgers, but it was too close to home. I would have lived in a dorm, but my parents would have been calling all the time and wanting me to come home on weekends, if only to see my dog, who died my freshman year of a broken heart. Ohhhhhhh...I should have gone to Rutgers.

by Anonymousreply 8804/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.