Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

My friend has body odor. Do I say something?

It isn't all the time, just some of the time, but when it is that time, he sticks. That stale, unwashed stink of B.O. I don't have a particularly good sense of smell either.

Do I say something? I can't believe he intends to go around like that.

by Anonymousreply 6804/06/2013

Yes, you should.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

Be kind about it, though. Couch it in terms of, "I believe you may have become immune to your anti-perspirant. That happens to me sometimes. You might want to change brands."

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

Yes, but do it offhand. "Geez, Bob, I know I'd want for you to tell me this since we're good friends, so I want to tell you: you're a little ripe tonight. I think you want to start using a stronger deodorant."

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

What does it smell like, OP? Masculine and musky, or Korean and garlicky?

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

Yes,but try to be nice about it and if your date has bo don't say anything until the time comes to get intimate,the volunteer to bathe with them.I had a lady weant me to eat her out but her vagina smelled literally like diarrhea.If she hadn't ahd to leave suddenly I would have found a way of getting her into the bathtub.I sucked her toes first and they smelled better,quite nice in fact.

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2013

R6 - fucking hell that was a disgusting post. worst I have ever seen..

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2013

Wow, no kidding, R7... R6's post was monstrous.

by Anonymousreply 804/02/2013

JETT @r6 is a datalounge legend in the making.

I can see the parody posts now. Lets hope he/she posts more!

Jett, you had me at "her vagina smelled literally like diarrhea"

by Anonymousreply 904/02/2013

This thread is clearly not going to be kind to me. And yes, Jett sounds kind of cute, but that was NOT my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1004/02/2013

Is this "friend" the same guy who started the "I Hate to shower" thread?

by Anonymousreply 1104/02/2013

Smelly feet are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 1204/02/2013

It smells somewhere between stale and garlicky. It isn't pleasant. It smells like dry stink if that makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 1304/02/2013

No but that thread made me think of it.

When I smell it I think I've got to say something and then I don't want to because who wants to be told that at his age (or any age really.)

Then I don't see him and the smell obviously fades so I forget.

But it's... a barrier to people reacting with pleasure at seeing him if my nose is any indication. And I don't have a particularly good sense of smell.

He is on a lot of antibiotics. Can they make you stink?

by Anonymousreply 1404/02/2013

You are not much of a friend if you do not say something. "Miss Thing you need to take a shower. Seriously, are you going to start wearing patchouli too, because you smell like a hippy?"

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013

I'd find a friend who smells better.

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013

There are medications that can affect body odor. Is your friend ill or taking drugs for anything?

by Anonymousreply 1704/02/2013

Leave a can of Right Guard deodorant on his desk. If I recall, I think that's what they used to do in the old RG television commercial.

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2013

I've had the urge to smell some man body odor, pits, ass...mmm. Preferably a blonde's.

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2013

Next time he walk into the room, snap your fingers above your head and say, "Gurrrl, you so stinky!"

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2013

I was at the pharmacy yesterday, a 30-something woman sat down waiting for her prescription. From 2 meters away and despite wearing a winter coat, I could smell her BO. She clearly did not use deodorant. After waiting 20 minutes, I was in the aisles, her god awful BO had permeated the entire pharmacy. It was like armpit BO pot pourri.

How can you stink that bad through a winter coat? What is so terrifying about deodorant? She could afford it, she was actually well-dressed. How could she stand it? Her husband must stink too or he wouldn't touch her. There's no excuse not to wear at least deodorant. There are aluminum-free versions.

BO is the worst when it's inescapable.

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2013

Yes, it's awful and yes, you should say something.

I noticed a friend had developed terrible body odor. I said something when we were alone. It turned out he'd gotten horribly depressed, stopped bathing, felt suicidal, etc.

Personal hygiene is a good indication of emotional/mental health. The sooner you say something to your friend, the better.

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2013

I knew this girl once who had the worst BO ever, it was like this mixture of pit stink and urine or something, and one time she invited me to her apartment and it stank just like her! She had a cute boyfriend, also, I could never understand it, did they not smell that stink? I am so obsessed with personal hygiene, I can't imagine.

by Anonymousreply 2304/03/2013

Do most people have the same body odor smell? Everyone I know who had BO had a similar bitter strong onion smell.

by Anonymousreply 2404/03/2013

Pour a large box of baking soda and water over him.

by Anonymousreply 2604/03/2013

It might be the clothes, some people do not launder them regularly and the stale smell comes from clothes that stink.

by Anonymousreply 2704/03/2013

R25, that is a pretty ridiculous statement. I have coworkers and neighbors who are Black and none of them have ever smelled that way. Nor has anyone in a store standing next to me.

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2013

You had me at hell, B.O.

by Anonymousreply 2904/03/2013

If it is more than once then, yeah, you should say something. There is the off chance that he doesn't realize he stinks. And, anyway, it gags YOU and you should not have to put up with that. Be nice, though.

by Anonymousreply 3004/03/2013

Too bad OP can't hook up his buddy with the numerous Datalounge raunch queens.

To them, BO is oh so masculine.

by Anonymousreply 3104/03/2013

[quote] It isn't all the time, just some of the time, but when it is that time, he sticks.

Eww. Does he stick against a wall when you throw him? That's pretty disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3304/03/2013

Declaim haughtily, "Will you PLEASE sit elsewhere? Body odor offends me!"

by Anonymousreply 3404/03/2013

Don't discuss it with him. Just get him naked and give him a thorough tongue-bath. Voila! Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 3604/03/2013

OP, offer to lick his pits and give him a reacharound.

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2013

White people smell like dogs when they are wet.

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2013

Woof. Love a ripe dude.

by Anonymousreply 3904/03/2013

me too

by Anonymousreply 4004/03/2013

There is an elegant way to suggest he has had a deodorant failure. What is his diet like? Stinky food leads to stinky people, e.g., the entire Indian subcontinent.

by Anonymousreply 4104/03/2013

Years ago, my cousin dated a girl who stank. My mother and I picked up my cousin first, then we picked her up and were giving each other, "OMFG!" looks. The girl was very chatty, and it turned out she was very good friends with a guy I'd gone to HS with. I had to hold in my laughter because that guy was the smelliest person in HS. When he sat down in a classroom, the guy sitting next to him would get up and open a window. Guys threw soap and deodorant in his gym locker when he opened it. He claimed he was allergic to soap and deodorant.

My cousin (who was very poor, had been badly abused by his psycho father and had no self esteem) married this stank ho and she wound up leaving him for his best friend. My mother said, "he must smell as bad as she does."

Meanwhile, the computer revolution came along and my cousin got in on the ground floor and is extremely rich today.

by Anonymousreply 4204/03/2013

Is white guy BO generally stronger?

by Anonymousreply 4304/03/2013

Took a while, but this is getting interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4404/03/2013

[quote] Do I say something?

Not if he smells like curry.

by Anonymousreply 4504/03/2013

But what if he smells like Ann Curry?

by Anonymousreply 4604/03/2013

When I've had a friend like that I would tell him that maybe his CLOTHES need to be laundered. That lets him know there is an odor but doesn't directly refence his body itself.

by Anonymousreply 4704/03/2013

Three words: Dude, you stankin'.

by Anonymousreply 4804/03/2013

Lick his pits then wipe some of his armpit juice on your upper lip as a memory of the stench.

by Anonymousreply 4904/03/2013

lol, R38. that is a line from "chameleon street", an extremely obscure movie that won sundance many years ago. haven't heard it prior to or since.

by Anonymousreply 5004/03/2013

No R50, the blacks have been saying that about us since WAY before that.

by Anonymousreply 5104/05/2013

[quote]There are medications that can affect body odor. Is your friend ill or taking drugs for anything?

Yes. He has a bacterial infection deep in his lungs that they have been trying to kill for a year and he is on antibiotics.

But I think he's stunk before, though it isn't like Pig Pen and he stinks all the time.

I am seeing him this weekend. P.U.

by Anonymousreply 5204/05/2013

What is the best description of fat stank?

I know a very obese woman, whose admitted favorite network is the Food Channel, and she stinks all the time.

Fat stank doesn't smell like armpit b.o., btw for you NYC'ers who've seen a true fatty.

Surely someone can describe the's beyond my powers.

by Anonymousreply 5304/05/2013

who've never seen

by Anonymousreply 5404/05/2013

You could try something like this.

by Anonymousreply 5504/05/2013

Describe the smell of your natural BO, everyone.

by Anonymousreply 5604/05/2013

by Anonymousreply 5704/06/2013

[quote]Leave a can of Right Guard deodorant on his desk.

Great idea. Nothing like the combination of B.O. and deodorant to make a party swing.

Tell him to take a shower.

by Anonymousreply 5804/06/2013

This is a Freeper thread!

by Anonymousreply 5904/06/2013

[quote]I knew this girl once who had the worst BO ever,

and then she died.

by Anonymousreply 6004/06/2013

[quote]I knew this girl once who had the worst BO ever, it was like this mixture of pit stink and urine or something, and one time she invited me to her apartment and it stank just like her!

How unexpected.

by Anonymousreply 6104/06/2013

This is why men and women should shave their bodies. Hair stanks. It's a bacteria breeding ground.

by Anonymousreply 6204/06/2013

It's BBO, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6304/06/2013

R62 hair whisks the moisture away from the body leading to less odor. Nothing stinks more than a shaved bit.

by Anonymousreply 6404/06/2013

My ex used to eat a lot of garlic - including raw garlic - and the garlic odor would come out of his pores. Even an hour after he showered, he'd smell of garlic if he had eaten a lot of it the day before. EECH

by Anonymousreply 6504/06/2013

The natural smell of my b.o. is chicken noodle soup.

by Anonymousreply 6604/06/2013

You know, he does eat a lot of garlic and now I think of it... that's part of the smell. It's like a stale, warm blend of garlic.

I don't have the diplomatic skills to say you stink in any language. I might do that website thing.

by Anonymousreply 6704/06/2013

The natural smell of my BO is a little salty, like the ocean.

by Anonymousreply 6804/06/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!