Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Georgia town passes ordinance to 'require' gun and ammo ownership

[quote]Fears of a government crackdown on gun sales have prompted a few communities around the United States to "require" or recommend their residents arm themselves, reflecting a growing divide in the wake of the Newtown massacre.

[quote]Council members in Nelson, a small city 50 miles north of Atlanta, voted unanimously to approve the Family Protection Ordinance. The measure requires every head of household to own a gun and ammunition to "provide for the emergency management of the city" and to "provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants."

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2013

The international press must have a fucking gape-jawed field day with this country.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

Your country sucks.

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

Didn't Kennesaw, Georgia do this something like 20 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 304/04/2013

The proper response to this is, "I refuse to comply with your law and if you send anyone to my home to enforce the law I'll blow their fucking heads off."

by Anonymousreply 404/04/2013

I'd like to see them try to enforce this.

by Anonymousreply 504/04/2013

Yeah, owning a gun worked out so well for Adam Lanza's mom.

by Anonymousreply 604/04/2013

You'll put a gun in my cold dead hands.

by Anonymousreply 704/04/2013

Let's look at this a different way (something the right winger types obviously haven't considered). The tea partying conservatards probably already have guns, lots of them. So the people we would be arming with laws like this are essentially liberals and centrists. So if the day ever comes when the nuts finally go off the rails, they'll not only find themselves outnumbered, but outgunned as well.

by Anonymousreply 804/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!