Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bill O'Reilly on Gay Marriage "I'm fine with it. I want all Americans to be happy"

"I support civil unions, I always have. Alright. The gay marriage thing, I don’t feel that strongly about it one way or the other. I think the states should do it."

"New York has it now. I live in New York, New York has it, I'm fine with it. I want all Americans to be happy."

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2013

Well, that's almost not half bad from someone like Bill O'Reilly.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

He's still vile.

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

Wait, I'm confused. Was he punking the conservatives the whole time?

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

Because, even O'Liely understands that there is no valid argument against same sex marriage. None.

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

Still a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

Civil unions, O'Reilley?

Separate but equal is not equal.

by Anonymousreply 604/03/2013

He changed his story in only one short year.

by Anonymousreply 704/03/2013

R6 he says he is fine with BOTH Civil Unions and Gay Marriage.

Either one he has no problem with.

by Anonymousreply 804/03/2013

Funny how conservatives are all jumping on the bandwagon these days, in their own way.

Trouble is, Roberts, Alito, Thomas, and especially Scalia are still in the 50s.

There's a good Op-Ed piece by Maureen Dowd today where she quotes Will & Grace co-creator Max Mutchnick as follows:

"Scalia uses the word “homosexual” the way George Wallace used the word “Negro.”

Ain't that the truth.

by Anonymousreply 904/03/2013

I think a lot of people are starting to realize they don't want to be seen as being on the wrong side of this new civil rights movement. Ten or twenty or thirty years from now it will be embarrassing that marriage equality was ever an issue.

by Anonymousreply 1004/03/2013

Any news person or personality who goes on record being AGAINST same-sex marriage would commit career suicide.

by Anonymousreply 1104/03/2013

Not if he/she is on Fox News or Conservative Talk Radio. Being against it is still viable even if some in the media are turning around.

by Anonymousreply 1204/03/2013

Am I the only one who thinks that O'Reilly is gay in private life--who has ever seen a Mrs. O'Reilly?--and this support for same-sex marriage might be his first public step out of the closet?

by Anonymousreply 1304/03/2013

Yes, R13. You're the only one.

by Anonymousreply 1404/03/2013

She is an admitted former denizen of Studio 54,so I'm not surprised....

by Anonymousreply 1504/03/2013

r13 is too young to remember Bill's falafel fetish.

by Anonymousreply 1604/03/2013

He is vile but I was really surprised to read this.

by Anonymousreply 1704/03/2013

[quote]who has ever seen a Mrs. O'Reilly?

Bill went through a very ugly divorce several years ago. He's a control freak and a bully on air, and that seems to carry over to his personal life as well. He reportedly tried to have her booted from the Catholic Church (because she remarried and continued to take communion, and she told her children her second marriage is valid in the eyes of God -- both against Catholic doctrine). He's currently seeking an annulment.

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2013

Bill could care less about gay marriage. He's never been for or against it. He was just outspoken against it in the past because that was the majority opinion. Now that the majority opinion favors, he could care less.

Conservative values at work.

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2013

Maybe Bill's been stopping off at the East Side Club or the Townhouse Bar and Grill?

Now that his wife's left him, it's lonely out there in King's Point.

by Anonymousreply 2004/03/2013

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 2104/03/2013

Honestly, he still makes my flesh crawl. But I suppose I can let him slide on this.

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2013

Don't get sister girl on me but maybe Bill O'Reilly is always mean and nasty on his show and yelling at guests and the President on account of his being a Roman Catholic and therefore ashamed of being a homosexual and wanting to come out as a proud gay man and all. I'm just saying.

by Anonymousreply 2304/04/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!