Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anyone Hate Getting Showers/Baths?

I wish I could just go out and smell great and feel fresh. I hate going though the whole ordeal of getting washed and fixed up day after day. I hate shaving too. Why didn't that shit die out centuries ago?

I wish we had the Jetsons thing, where you just put yourself on a conveyor belt, and it washes yourself for you, even dresses you.

by Anonymousreply 5704/03/2013

YES.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

I hate most things that enforce daily routines on us. Having to take showers each and every day and the grooming process that goes along with getting ready for the day. The monotonous commute to work. Seeing the same faces day in and day out, another tiresome commute back home. Trying to figure out dinner. It all becomes so Kafkaesque and bleak after a while. I wish I could shake my life up.

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

The worst routine is work/job

Then figuring out food, making it, washing dishes.

Baths can be nice if you have the right kind of bathtub.

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

You all sound clinically depressed.

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

Be glad you are not a woman.

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

Shaving every day is a pain but I can't start the day without a shower.

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2013

I'm a female and feel the same way. It just seems tedious. The same with makeup and flat ironing my hair. If I had no pride in my appearance/smell, I would go without all of these things.

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2013

During really cold weather, I go through bouts of just not wanting to be wet. Of course I force myself to shower daily. Except on weekends and days off, then I just slob around.

by Anonymousreply 804/02/2013

A shower didn't exactly work out to well for me!

by Anonymousreply 1004/02/2013

Hate showers, love love love baths. There was once a fairly famous DL thread on baths vs showers where there were several bath haters who went on and on about how gross bathers were, bathing in their own filth and all. One guy even posted that he took a bath for some reason and then showered to clean off from the bath.

??!!!?

by Anonymousreply 1104/02/2013

OP = Lazy, entitled, uneducated, trashy perma-brat who resents that Mommy isn't still wiping his dirty butt BECAUSE IT'S HER JOB AND HE'S SPECIAL.

Amazing, isn't it, how adults in many cultures find the act of ablution in all its forms relaxing, restorative, pleasurable and important - both personally and socially?

But of course the act of wiping the grease of his pimply nose delays his trip to Taco Bell.

by Anonymousreply 1304/02/2013

Gosh R13, have a fucking drink.

by Anonymousreply 1404/02/2013

[quote]Men don't have to shave. Beards & mustaches look good on everyone, & you can have them trimmed when you get your hair cut.

Speak for yourself! I can't not shave. Drives me nuts. It's like wearing a mask. It's itchy. I have an oily face too. Just gross.

r13 has some serious mental health issues. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013

I love them, hate getting out of them especially in the winter.

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013

I HATE shaving more than anything, I want to get electrolysis on my face eventually.

by Anonymousreply 1704/02/2013

Are you a kitty cat?

by Anonymousreply 1804/02/2013

I have not shaved since December 3rd, 2012.

On that same day I had my head hair buzzed off -- military recruit severe.

Now my head hair and beard are about 1-½" long.

I will get my hair cut off again till early June, but leave my beard.

My beard is not yet nearly as obnoxious as I want it to be. Getting there, but not there yet.

I will decide whether to trim it or shave it on December 3rd this year.

I have never had a beard long enough to flap and I want to be flap-man for the first time in my life.

This is the look I am going for:

by Anonymousreply 1904/02/2013

buy a powdered wig and make a month of it!

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2013

[quote]Men don't have to shave. Beards & mustaches look good on everyone

If only. I have to shave everyday because my beard comes in all patchy. What hair does grow is wispy and fine. I look like one of those daguerreotypes of some 16 year old cracker going off to fight the Civil War.

by Anonymousreply 2104/02/2013

Last time I got a shower or bath I was probably six years old. Since then I have willingly taken them of my own free will.

by Anonymousreply 2204/02/2013

[quote]Anyone Hate Getting Showers/Baths?

Getting? Love it!

Having showers/baths? Sometimes I'll skip a shower on my day off, but I love standing under a hot shower, so relaxing, and feeling fresh and clean.

by Anonymousreply 2304/02/2013

[quote]I wish we had the Jetsons thing, where you just put yourself on a conveyor belt, and it washes yourself for you, even dresses you.

That's funny, OP. It's actually a frequent reference point of mine. Over the years every time people are raving about the latest newfangled technology (computers, VCRs, microwaves, cell phones, iphones, facebook, etc.), my response has been "I won't believe we've had any real technological progress until Rosie the Robot is making my bed and doing my laundry, and a conveyer belt helps me get from sound asleep to fully clean and dressed in four seconds or less."

by Anonymousreply 2404/02/2013

Try showering in the evening instead of the morning. There are few simple pleasures like a hot shower or bath and settling into clean bedsheets after running around all day.

by Anonymousreply 2504/02/2013

You're NUTS, OP. I LOVE taking my daily bath. It's relaxing and so girly.

by Anonymousreply 2604/02/2013

R13 has issues, girl, I tell you! Someone is pissed off at his parents

by Anonymousreply 2704/02/2013

I loved R13's post...the essence of DL cuntery.

by Anonymousreply 2804/02/2013

Because of a three-day water failure I cleaned my body by spraying rubbing alcohol. Also used on my face before applying shave cream.

by Anonymousreply 2904/02/2013

Well, the Rutherford B. Hayes look is certainly an interesting choice, R19.

There are times that I love a long, hot shower. Most of the time, however, I am indifferent to it, but I shower every morning and after every gym workout or run. A bath? I haven't had one of those since I was a kid. The shower seems much more efficient.

by Anonymousreply 3004/02/2013

What the fuck is wrong with you people.

I shower two-three times a day. I love being wet!

by Anonymousreply 3104/02/2013

OP = cat

by Anonymousreply 3204/02/2013

I LOVE taking a shower. One of my favorite feelings.

by Anonymousreply 3304/02/2013

I hate getting my hair cut- and combing it. I hate cutting my nails. I hate having to go to the bathroom. I really hate getting dressed. Baths, forget it. Buying groceries is sooo boring, and shopping for clothes- even worse when I have to do it for gifts. Oh and driving- just hate it... Walking places even worse.

DL is full of very nutty discontented angry and petty people. Luckily there are some bright spots. Gate to think it represents the larger population in the US, anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3404/02/2013

Nothing like a clean, sparkling anus

by Anonymousreply 3504/03/2013

Go to Istanbul and get a bath at a hammam. They will scrub you head to toe with a loofa and then give you a massage and wash your hair.

by Anonymousreply 3604/03/2013

Im the same as R8. Also im one of those that shower after a bath.

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2013

[quote]One guy even posted that he took a bath for some reason and then showered to clean off from the bath.

OF COURSE you shower after taking a bath. If I took baths, that is. How could I not shower after doing my little tea bag act?

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2013

I also love to bathe and then take a short shower to rinse. That way I can exfoliate my body much more effectively. I will do this once a week , the rest of the days I take a short shower . I have very long, extremely thick dark auburn hair--most of my time in the shower was spent on my hair but now instead of washing it and conditioning I just wash it and use a leave in . There is an awesome hair care line called Magic 7 that comes in an almost Tiffany but not quite blue bottle. I get mine from sally beauty supply. I used to use biolage , but in my opinion magic 7 works better, smells better, and though not cheap is half the price of biolage. Another great conditioner is L'oreals feria conditioner. It always came with the box of feria dye but you can buy a tube--10-12 oz. I believe, for about $8-9 at sally beauty supply. Smells and works amazing. The right kind of tub does make a difference. In some apartments in japan there is a type of tub that is short and deep instead of long and shallow (to save space I assume) and it's so nice to sit in hot water up to your neck. There are also some nice bathhouses in south korea where they exfoliate you from head to foot and it's very mainstream there. I have a friend who just returned there permanently after living here in the US for 5yrs. and I am the lucky recipiant of all the beauty treatments and cosmetics his mother sent him while he was here. I'm sure you guys know what BB cream is by now, but thanks to my friend I've been using it for three years already. Physical perfection and especially the quality of your skin and a youthful appearance are very important there and most young men use anti-aging products, masks, foundation, are scrupulous about their haircuts and I have also found that their dentists are bar none the best in the world and waaaaaaaaay cheaper than the ones here. Sorry I got a bit off track but since the topic was hygeine....I couldn't help myself. I'm a woman in case you hadn't figured it out. Later

by Anonymousreply 3904/03/2013

I think the word "exfoliate" has been vastly overused in health & beauty aid product descriptions and advertising.

I cringe when I see or hear it because it literally means "stripped of leaves."

It's a stupid word appliaction used by some idiotic advertising copywriter many years ago … .

by Anonymousreply 4004/03/2013

I only take a bath when I hurt or strain a muscle and need to soak with epsom salts. Otherwise, I feel like I am laying about in my own filth. It also takes too long to scrub the tub, fill it up and get the temperature right. In that time, I could be showered, dried and dressed.

Anyone tried lazering their beard? I know women get arm and leg hair removed by lasers, so I wonder if it would work on the face?

by Anonymousreply 4104/03/2013

Miss Sissy Boodles, is that you?!?

I told you NO Internets when I'm a work!

by Anonymousreply 4204/03/2013

Wow, r39. Chatty much?

by Anonymousreply 4304/03/2013

I agree with R4, this is stupid

by Anonymousreply 4404/03/2013

Evidently I do.

by Anonymousreply 4504/03/2013

I love baths/showers, but I HATE shaving. I actually have only met one man in my life who loves shaving. He made a fucking Aztec ritual ceremony out of it every morning. He was always late as fuck for everything, but the steaming, the exfoliation, the patting of the shaving cream onto the face and letting it sit and percolate for sometime before the first sweep of the blade, would take a good 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour EVERY fucking morning. But he turned out to be mentally unstable. I think you have to be to love shaving.

by Anonymousreply 4604/03/2013

[quote]Having to take showers each and every day and the grooming process that goes along with getting ready for the day.

You sound mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 4704/03/2013

I dont hate it, but in the winter when its cold its not the most pleasant experience.

by Anonymousreply 4804/03/2013

The only hygiene I hate is flossing because I was told to floss once a day at night and I'm usually too tired to do the whole go over each tooth and into the gums with a C-shape. But I do it anyhow.

People who say they don't floss gross me out.

by Anonymousreply 4904/03/2013

Become a bear. No shaving, showering or dieting required.

by Anonymousreply 5004/03/2013

I absolutely loathe taking a shower/bath in the winter. It's so fucking cold. Even with the heat on in the bathroom and the water steaming, I always end up shivering as soon as I open the door.

But I love being in water. I guess it's just fucking winter I fucking HATE with the fire of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 5104/03/2013

I think a shower or a bath is incredibly relaxing. I love taking s warm bath in the evening sometime before I go to sleep. It is very soothing. Occasionally - especially in the summer if I've gotten too warm during the night - I love a quick shower first thing in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 5204/03/2013

R49 OMG, you have to floss. I floss and I pick, using Doctor's Brush Picks. Every cleaning I hear, "Oh, you have the best gums of any of my patients."

by Anonymousreply 5304/03/2013

I shower too much. I give myself ear infections because I LOVE SHOWERING,

by Anonymousreply 5404/03/2013

R39 = Mrs. Patrick Bateman.

by Anonymousreply 5504/03/2013

Unless I'm doing something, the weekend is MINE. And I don't shower or shave. During the work week, if I don't have a shower in the morning I can't get up.

by Anonymousreply 5604/03/2013

some of my most fun times have been spent in the shower

by Anonymousreply 5704/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.