Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cointelpro confidential informants.

I have an interest in this subject so I listened to this interview with Robert Merritt. I believe the story I'm about to post, but what enrages me is how this once homosexual man takes his experience, which might even be true, and extrapolates truth for all homosexuals.

Anyway, this guy, now 68, gay at the time, was recruited for the US conintelpro operation started in the 1950s. He was a confidential informant (CI), and used (amongst other things) by the government to infiltrate the gay community in order to entrap especially powerful men in order to blackmail, therefore control them. During Watergate, undercover police detective Carl Shoffler was his lover and roommate. The Wilmington Dupont Hotel was one of the places he used to carry out many his missions.

I know for a fact that this stuff did and does happen all the time's the oldest trick in the book. That's how Hoover maintained his power, and often times, people in power are intentionally set up for the purposes of compromise.

As a Jew, one of his assignments was to be placed in jail next to the famous Israeli spy, Jonathan Pollard, a Naval Intelligence officer who was sentenced to life in prison without a trial because he wanted his wife to go free.

However, he claims he lived a gay life by choice because of the abuse he experienced as a child. He even had an affair with a Franciscan priest. From his personal experience, he claims that homosexuals are not born, they choose this "disgusting" lifestyle. He know this because that's what happened to him. He married a female when he was 53 and discovered that he was really straight. He claims that homosexuality is purely about is not possible. He thinks it's a disease.

Be suspicious of someone you don't know striking up a conversation that asks your sign. Lots of "psychics" "fortune tellers" etc are CIs. Before you even get there, they're sent as much info as the gov has on you.

Today, the government uses things like web spoofing triangulation which is the act of secretly tricking your Web browser into talking to a different Web server than you intend. How? By attacking the DNS that maps the URL to a network address, or by modifying a Web page to have a bad URL, or by tricking your browser as it interprets CGI data, JavaScript, etc. After your browser has been fooled, the spoofed Web server can send you fake Web pages or prompt you to provide personal information such as your login ID, password, or even credit card or bank account numbers. If done carefully, you probably will not even notice that you have been duped.

Also, anyone can become a target of Cointelpro. Someone in the PTA was targeted because the wife of an government agent didn't like what this PTA member was saying.

by Anonymousreply 804/02/2013

He IS diseased alright, but homosexuality isn't it.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

Yes, in the old days most spies were gay men. But today, all they need is Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

Somebody forgot his link.

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

I heard it on the radio, R3.

He also said, Martha Mitchell, John Mitchell’s wife, was an alcoholic who shot her mouth off a little too much when intoxicated. Everything she said was monitored, and one night while talking to Helen Thomas she said a little too much, so when the secret service came in to put her to sleep, they injected her with osteosarcoma, a bone cancer, and she died 6 months later.

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

Also, someone called in and asked him about the Obama gay rumors and he said that Bill Ayers was one of his targets, although, he became friends with him. Not all of his assignment involved homosexuality.

Anyway, Ayers had Obama over a few times and his one-time lover Carl Shoffler was there as well. He doesn't think there is any truth to the gay rumors about Obama because he believes Shoffler would've known and would've told him.

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

FBI agents are intensifying old Cointelpro tactics, gaining greater leeway to stalk, or spy on people within the U.S. New guidelines that allow agents to "investigate" people and organizations "proactively" without firm evidence for suspecting criminal activity. The investigating and covert harassment and even torture are often directed toward targeted individuals.

The new FBI rules enable agents to infiltrate organizations, search household trash, use surveillance teams, search databases, conduct lie detector tests, even without suspicion of any wrongdoing. Many of them are activists.

The documents proved that the FBI had:

Traced license plates of cars parked in front of his home,

Recorded the arrival and departure of his guests,

Observed gatherings that he attended at bookstores and cafes,

Tracked his emails,

Tracked phone conversations,

Picked through his trash to identify his bank and mortgage companies,

Visited a gun store where he had sought to purchase a rifle for self-defense,

Asked the Internal Revenue Service to examine his tax returns,

Infiltrated activist groups with which he associated.

Most Targeted Individuals report having no idea why they are kept under surveillance.

I saw it on Democracy Now with Amy Goodman. Everyone should watch her show. She reports real news.

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2013

I read about this after reading the post. The hustler guy who got involved in this initially was working at a hospital removing dead children's hearts for experimentation! He found his calling. I have a technical question for OP: does a VPN prevent this kind of web infiltration. All web traffic is rerouted through constantly changing European IP addresses.

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2013

I have no idea, R7. I'm stupid as a box of rocks when it comes to technology.

by Anonymousreply 804/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!