Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I can't let go of my high school days...

I constantly fantasize about my last year at high school. I find myself not being able to let go of it. Do you ever get that?

by Anonymousreply 2504/03/2013

I prefer to fantasize about more pleasant things.

Like a frontal lobotomy.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

What are you doing with your life now, that it makes the horror of high school seem good?

And what are you fantasizing about, an unrequited crush?

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

I had a good time getting high with my best friend. There were some nice moments, but I was also heavily persecuted for reasons everyone here can probably identify with.

If I fantasize, it's about living it over out and not giving a damn.

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

I can honestly say I have not given one thought to my high school or anyone who was there about two years after I left. When I was moving out of the apartment I lived in while in college, the last thing at the back of my closet was a box with my year book in it. The realization that I had not cracked it open in almost 5 years combined with the fact I was tired of packing shit up prompted me to do the only sensible thing.

I threw it away.

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

That sounds sad to me OP. I pity people for whom highschool was the highlight of their life.

Normally you see it with the cliche straights who were popular jocks in highschool and then their lives really went nowhere after graduation.

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

Child, my last year in high school was 1970. I can't even remember the details of last night much less some shit from 43 years ago!

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2013

Never think of it. I can't even remember most of their names or faces.

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2013

I let go of high school the day I graduated.

The only people I ever think of are the first boy I had a crush on, Michael, plus associated friends, and another boy, Scott, whom I ended up having sex with years later, and of whom nothing remains now but memories and a quilt panel.

Scott brings out the "splendor in the grass" in me, but not for the HS days.

by Anonymousreply 804/02/2013

I couldn't wait to move beyond my hellish high school days.

I cannot relate.

by Anonymousreply 904/02/2013

Everyone has a period that defines them. Mine was the first year of college, which is probably also true of a plurality of dataloungers.

by Anonymousreply 1004/02/2013

I couldn't wait to get away from my hellish college years too. (I didn't make any longtime college friends, and never really had fun in college)

by Anonymousreply 1104/02/2013

Looking back I see how so many people were hurting in high school. Some isolated, some 'partied,' some hid within cliques.

There were very few real and true assholes in high school, but they were there.

by Anonymousreply 1204/02/2013

Some of us enjoyed high school. I wouldn't call it the highlight of my life, but I look back on most of it, especially junior and senior year, fondly.

by Anonymousreply 1304/02/2013

I lost all contact with my highschool friends right after graduation because I left my shitty small town and went away for university. Funny thing is two years ago I bumped into one in the UK of all places.

by Anonymousreply 1404/02/2013

I graduated high school, went to college 2 months later and never looked back. Haven't been to a reunion or any other nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013

How long have you been out of high school, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013

My last year of high school was pretty miserable, so I try to think about it as LITTLE as possible. It was also 40 years ago for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 1704/02/2013

Yes, but it's only about re-doing some things that I very much wish I had done differently.

by Anonymousreply 1804/02/2013

High school was the worst for me. I never wish to think about that experience ever again.

by Anonymousreply 1904/02/2013

OP = Al Bundy

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2013

I purposely did not sign up on my High School 30 year reunion Facebook page because I didn't want a bunch of people who didn't give 2-squats about me in High School suddenly sending me "friend" requests.

People I actually hung out with, I have "friended" on FB and some I still keep in close contact with.

High School was OK. Junior High was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 2104/02/2013

I barely remember it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2204/03/2013

I don't think about it that much, but I did keep my senior year book. I look at it from time to time and it brings back the era of the fifties. To me, it's more of an historical document than a personal recollection.

by Anonymousreply 2304/03/2013

If coach had put me in the fourth quarter things would be different.

by Anonymousreply 2404/03/2013

You're lame, OP.

Seek therapy.

by Anonymousreply 2504/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.