Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sens. Mark Kirk (R-Illinois) and Tom Carper (D-Delaware) are on board with marriage equality

U.S. Senators Mark Kirk (R-Illinois) and Tom Carper (D-Delaware) have announced they are endorsing marriage equality. I will provide links just shortly.

[italic][bold]Mark Kirk[/bold][/italic]

"When I climbed the Capitol steps in January, I promised myself that I would return to the Senate with an open mind and greater respect for others.

"Same-sex couples should have the right to civil marriage. Our time on this Earth is limited, I know that better than most. Life comes down to who you love and who loves you back-- government has no place in the middle."

by OPreply 604/02/2013

[bold][italic]Tom Carper[/italic][/bold]

"As our society has changed and evolved, so too has the public's opinion on gay marriage – and so has mine. I pray every day for God to grant me the wisdom to do what is right. Through my prayers and conversations with my family and countless friends and Delawareans, I've been reminded of the power of one of my core values: the Golden Rule. It calls on us to treat others as we want to be treated. That means, to me, that all Americans ultimately should be free to marry the people they love and intend to share their lives with, regardless of their sexual orientation, and that's why today, after a great deal of soul searching, I'm endorsing marriage equality."

by OPreply 104/02/2013

Mark Kirk has always been a moderate. Good for him.

I was hoping that after Laura Ingraham was diagnosed with breast cancer she would undergo a political conversion. Strangely enough, her brush with death didn't change her world view at all.

by OPreply 204/02/2013

Mark Kirk is gay.

by OPreply 304/02/2013

What R3 said. How brave of him to reach his conclusion whilst sucking another cock.

by OPreply 404/02/2013

There are plenty of closeted politicians who do not support same sex marriage (Lindsey Graham, Aaron Schock most obviously) so lets not attack him for that.

He came out for it when he didn't have to, that is a good thing.

by OPreply 504/02/2013

We'll still continue, thanks, R5.

by OPreply 604/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!