Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Received confirmation that I look a lot younger than my chronological age.

So I was working out this morning at the gym. I am 43. This young guy, maybe late teens or early 20s, asked me to spot him on the bench press. When we finished, he said "thanks bro." I thought to myself, hmmm, he must think I'm close to his age if he called me "bro." (I also took notice of his mouthwateringly musky, lush pit hair, filing that it the back of my mind for future use, but that's another story LOLZers.)

Anyway, when it came time to do his next set, I was unable to spot him, as I was lifting on another bench. So he asked this guy who I know is around my age to spot. When they were done, I overheard the young guy uttering "thank you, sir." That sealed it for me. The young guy saw the second spotter as an old man, since he called him "sir", but he viewed me as a youthful, vibrant contemporary. Life is so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 4104/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

Life is so sweet.

So is dementia.

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

Brandon, don't you have a job?

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

Perhaps he mistook you for the A&F chairman Mike Jeffries and thought he might lay some groundwork before hitting you up for a summer job.

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

Not after my boss found out that I enjoy torturing dogs when someone gave him a link to my Facebook which I sociopathically posted in spite of knowing what the consequences would be.

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

I always feel that way when someone calls me "dude", which I've always thought was strange because I'm 45 years old and have a full head of greyer than grey hair.

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2013

Are you sure he didn't say, 'thanks mo'? Maybe you need a better hearing aid.

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2013

Actually, calling someone sir is submissive behavior indicative of sexual desire. You need to start manscaping, dearheart, the gray chest hair is a dead giveaway.

by Anonymousreply 904/02/2013

OP = Paul Ryan

by Anonymousreply 1004/02/2013

Yes, basing one's image of self upon the validation of others is always a healthy thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 1104/02/2013

Other examples of such independent confirmation. I was friends with a woman at work (in a different department) about 13 years my junior - she was then in her late 30s. A male colleague of my friend asked another female colleague in their department about the guy who was so often in my friend's presence. He described me to her as around my friend's age. The woman he spoke to said that she didn't think that was possible because I had just been in attendance at a gathering where I had received an acknowledgment for having been on my job as a government lawyer for 25 years. The guy insisted that they were not be talking about the same person. They were.

I must be - at least temporarily - frozen in time in appearance as, fast forward 5 years, a 31-year old woman with whom I was recently temporarily working asked me totally out of the blue if she could ask how old I was. Before I could respond, she guessed I was 38.

by Anonymousreply 1204/02/2013

Brandon licks pussy. He is truly depraved.

by Anonymousreply 1304/02/2013

OP dresses like John Cena to the gym. That is why he sarcastically gets broed.

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013

OP is oblivious that the youngster is a daddy hunter and the "bro" was a dismissal, while the "sir" was a passive come-on.

Sweet, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013

R12, I'm afraid I didn't understand a word of that.

by Anonymousreply 1704/02/2013

Quite frankly, to someone in his early 20s, anyone over the age of 35 is a senior citizen.

by Anonymousreply 1804/02/2013

R17, the sole error in my post was in the 5th sentence of the first paragraph. The female colleague of my friend was the one who had just been in attendance - not "I had just been in attendance" - at the gathering where I had been feted in such a way that it was not possible I could be the same age as our mutual colleague, my much younger friend. I should've added that these male & female colleagues from the different department were close in age to me, perhaps a little younger.

by Anonymousreply 1904/02/2013

Op reeks of gin and desperation.

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2013

Why your story brings about the inspirational tale of Anne Frank's struggle to survive the Nazis!

by Anonymousreply 2104/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 2204/02/2013

W & W for R7!

by Anonymousreply 2304/02/2013

Why is the word "bro" popping up on DL the past week or so? Do we have a "bro" troll now? Part of me dies inside whenever I hear the word "bro", I can't think of anything douchier sounding.

by Anonymousreply 2404/02/2013

No, dis OP!

by Anonymousreply 2504/02/2013

Some people call me bro, others dude, some sir.

None of it says fuck all about my age and I am younger than you OP.

by Anonymousreply 2604/03/2013

R12, it seems pretty clear that many people have caught on to how easy it is to render you all atwitter by guessing a preposterously youthful age.

by Anonymousreply 2704/03/2013

[quote] it seems pretty clear that many people have caught on to how easy it is to render you all atwitter by guessing a preposterously youthful age.

Well, R12, sorry to disabuse you of your belief that no one could possibly look much younger than his or her chronological age, these 2 people must have an incredibly uncanny sense because in the case of the guy who was close to my age he had never even met me (and didn't even direct the comment to me) & the younger woman had just met me 24 hours earlier!

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2013

Are you working so hard to persuade us, a bunch of strangers, or yourself?

by Anonymousreply 2904/03/2013

You win, hater. I'm really grotesquely ugly and look much older than my years.

by Anonymousreply 3004/03/2013

[quote]Brandon, don't you have a job?

The fuck? This thread sounds nothing like me.

And I'm nowhere close to being 43 and never will be.

by Anonymousreply 3104/03/2013

I'm old enough to be the grandmother of the young guy who works behind the meat counter but he always addresses me as "miss." I guess he thinks I'm 25.

by Anonymousreply 3204/03/2013

OP = 54 year old with liver spots all over her hands....

.....who thinks wearing Hollister and A&F, turning his baseball cap backwards, digging his old 1980s Chuck Taylors out of his closet and throwing his "sup, dude" speaking voice four levels lower than the "HEEYYYYYYY GURRRRLLLLLL" level it's usually at will magically convince hot twentysomethings that he's really only 28.

by Anonymousreply 3304/03/2013

I imagine OP telling this story at brunch while wearing a sweater delicately tossed over his shoulders and drinking a mimosa through a straw so as to not leave traces of his "healthy peach" lipstick on the glass.

The story inspires many clucks of approval at the table, but the minute OP leaves to freshen up his nude foundation and eyeliner, the table is full of more angry hissing than a snake den.

by Anonymousreply 3504/03/2013

I can't imagine a life so empty that this is what you're concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 3604/03/2013

One of the best things about being old is getting sirred by manly young men. Not as a come-on, just being well brought up.

by Anonymousreply 3704/03/2013

OMG. You b*tches are killing me. I was in such a foul mood but this thread made me LOL. Thanks DL.

by Anonymousreply 3804/03/2013

[R2], sifting through the chaff of recent DL, there it was, your reply, thank you, you have renewed my faith in the clever, pithy, witty comments that is the reason that most of us come to DL for.

What im trying to say is that like R38, DL never lets me down...

by Anonymousreply 3904/03/2013

But was he your soulmate??

by Anonymousreply 4004/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 4104/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!