Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Magic Johnson's Son Goes Public With BF, Parents So Proud

Magic Johnson's Son Goes Public With BF, Parents So Proud

5 Hours Ago

Magic Johnson's 20-year-old son hit the Sunset Strip, hand in hand with his boyfriend ... and his parents couldn't be happier for their kid.

Earvin Johnson III -- aka EJ -- is one of Magic's 3 kids. The Lakers legend tells TMZ, "Cookie and I love EJ and support him in every way." Magic goes on, "We're very proud of him."

The feeling is mutual ... 'cause EJ told us he's been "hoping and praying" for his dad's team, the Los Angeles Dodgers, ever since Magic and his business partners took over the franchise.

He's also a huge Lakers fan ... obviously.

EJ -- who's a student at NYU -- has a close relationship with his parents. Back in August, Magic tweeted, "Thx to my son EJ for hosting me at NYU. Look forward to taking him to dinner tonight in the city."

by Anonymousreply 18101/29/2015

That is great news. And I still love the fact that his biologically female wife's name is Cookie.

by Anonymousreply 104/02/2013

Is he carrying a purse? Nothing wrong with that, and girlfriend is REALLY working it!

However, someone should talk to him about the bulky fur (or faux fur) coat. Too much.

Especially on Sunset Strip!

by Anonymousreply 204/02/2013

He's a whale.

by Anonymousreply 304/02/2013

Miss THING!?

by Anonymousreply 404/02/2013

What a fat uber queen. Poor skinny white boy.

by Anonymousreply 504/02/2013

Fierce bitch is dignified and polite. No Hopper Penn bullshit there.

by Anonymousreply 604/02/2013

oh, and here's the link if you are not on mobile...

by Anonymousreply 704/02/2013

Really, R5? No prize there.

by Anonymousreply 804/02/2013

Proud? Realllllly????

by Anonymousreply 904/02/2013

[quote] bitch is dignified and polite.

That's the first and lasting impression I got as well. Worst thing I can say is he should ditch this boyfriend and find one that doesn't smoke.

by Anonymousreply 1004/02/2013

I wish EJ's father were as brave and forthcoming.

by Anonymousreply 1104/02/2013

Why not r9? He seems like a very nice, polite level-headed human being. The coat can be removed, the sanity and well-being is permanent.

by Anonymousreply 1204/02/2013

Magic is a homo.

by Anonymousreply 1304/02/2013

Oy vey.

by Anonymousreply 1404/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 1504/02/2013

EJ needs to lay off his mom's namesakes.

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 1704/02/2013

Magic and his wife saw this one coming out of the womb.

I went to NYU and in a couple of years the kid will calm down. The purse and fur, oh my.

by Anonymousreply 1804/02/2013

She's like a baby André Leon Talley.

by Anonymousreply 1904/02/2013

Who cares. He could have turned out like Cameron Douglas or, worse, Kim Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 2004/02/2013

So it's genetic after all.

by Anonymousreply 2104/02/2013

Help me out DL. Do any black gay celebrities have black boyfriends?

I haven't seen any that do. On the other hand I haven't seen any white gay celebrities with black boyfriends.

I guess being a double minority in a majority culture messes with your mind.

by Anonymousreply 2204/02/2013

Black gay guys seem to be on the extreme end of the spectrum. Either they're incredibly butch or extra femme. I've always lamented that Noah's Ark wasn't more successful, since it showed black gay guys who were just regular guys, not extra queeny or extra bush. Just undetectable straight-acting guys who just happened to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 2304/02/2013

"Who cares. He could have turned out like Cameron Douglas or, worse, Kim Kardashian."

Or Redmond O'Neal.

For some reason the people here love to attack other gays, even ones who haven't done anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 2404/02/2013

R23 they were uber queens...totally swishy. What show did you watch?

by Anonymousreply 2504/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 2604/02/2013

Uhm, is that Nell Carter?

by Anonymousreply 2704/02/2013

Um, R22, Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 2804/02/2013

The first thing that turned me off was the bf smoking. Just, Ewwwww!

by Anonymousreply 2904/02/2013

[quote]guys who were just regular guys, not extra queeny or extra bush.

Oh my.

by Anonymousreply 3004/02/2013

[quote]Black gay guys seem to be on the extreme end of the spectrum.

Wow, yet another racist generalization about a minority subset.

I know many openly gay black guys who are neither ultra masculine nor swishy feminine. Some doctors, lawyers, Ivy League scholars, a nurse, two accountants, three human resources professionals, 3 modern dancers, 4 Broadway performers, a plumber, a few rentboy/strippers and two UPS guys come to mind.

I don't know where r23 is hanging out - probably among theatric gay bar/ghetto/parade circuit revelers (which I love but realize they're not the only gay thing in town). If he sampled all the gay men throughout all the universities and different professions of America and the world he'd realize they come in all sizes, mannerisms and colors (no pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 3104/02/2013

r30 I think that means they trim.

by Anonymousreply 3204/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3304/02/2013

Was this published today or yesterday, the 1st?

by Anonymousreply 3404/02/2013

I'm beyond confused. Are they Lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 3504/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 3604/02/2013

My esteem for Magic and Cookie just went way up. That's good parenting.

by Anonymousreply 3704/02/2013

Why do fucktards here keep posting this word? What about a fat man presenting himself in an embarrassing way is "fierce"?

by Anonymousreply 3804/02/2013

Like father like daughter.

by Anonymousreply 3904/02/2013

Irony deficiency. ^

by Anonymousreply 4004/02/2013

R38 Embarrassing for who? EJ doesnt seem embarrassed. His parents dont seem embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 4104/02/2013

[quote]EJ doesnt seem embarrassed. His parents dont seem embarrassed.

Go to Walmart and look at all the fat women squeezed into spandex with bellies hanging out. They're not embarrassed either, but it doesn't mean it's not embarrassing. Magic obviously loves his son, as he should. But it doesn't change what we saw in OP's post.

by Anonymousreply 4204/02/2013

R42 While the description of your visit to Walmart is is interesting*, you really didn't answer the question. Do you want to try again?

by Anonymousreply 4304/02/2013

Another EJ, Elton John, isn't embarrassed about his outrageous 70's costumes. David Bowie isn't embarrassed about his androgynous get-up from the same era. Interestingly, Bowie was less masculine than Freddie Mercury, and yet, Mercury was gay, Bowie not.

Funny how that works. I guess if I were still living in the village where I was born, I'd also be a self-loathing gay person criticizing men I felt were pushing boundaries inappropriately, but I got out of there, thank God, and really don't give a shit if other men want to do whatever they want to do.

by Anonymousreply 4504/02/2013

R41, it's embarrassing for r38, the perception of whose life relies so heavily on the behavior and attire of a 20-year old son of a celebrity.

You silly goose!

by Anonymousreply 4604/02/2013

I can honestly say that is the first time in my life I've ever heard a flaming queen discuss team sports.

by Anonymousreply 4704/02/2013

I think this is great. Magic and Cookie, like Warren Beatty are good representative of "Hollywood" liberals who do as they preach. They love and support their children.

Can we say the same of the so-called "family values" crowd?

We need more people like EJ in the world. The ones who thumb their nose at social convention.

r42 you have more issues than Vogue magazine.

by Anonymousreply 4804/02/2013

Warren Beatty has practically disowned his "daughter." It's Annette who has been supportive.

by Anonymousreply 5004/02/2013

Oh, okay, so you're overweight, R49. We get it.

by Anonymousreply 5104/02/2013

Looks like we have found a successor for Andre Leon Talley!

by Anonymousreply 5204/02/2013

[quote]The Walmart example was excellent.

No, it wasn't. It was an obvious attempt for the poster to avoid answering a question and backing up an earlier claim. And it failed. The only people who are embarrassed are you and R42, and you're embarrassed about yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 5304/02/2013

The prissy pushers are left with nothing but resentful projection about others. Of course, smearing and trashing without basis is most of what they do. Notice that the point in r49 was carefully avoided.

by Anonymousreply 5404/02/2013

[quote] I think this is great. Magic and Cookie, like Warren Beatty are good representative of "Hollywood" liberals who do as they preach.

Warren Beatty, as befits a "traditional" liberal, is not pro-choice.

by Anonymousreply 5504/02/2013

Could it get any more obvious? - that the sole purpose of datalounge has become reinforcing the idea that gay males = women. Day after day, post after post, almost everything here is a reference to it.

Could someone explain where the energy and motivation comes from?

by Anonymousreply 5604/02/2013

r55 people of the same political persuasion aren't carbon copies of each other. We all differ on certain issues. There are plenty of Democrats in office who are anti-choice, but that is their personal value and many of them don't push it as a political agenda, unlike our Republican colleagues.

Beatty has his personal beliefs and quite frankly, they are no more than that as he has no political power to enact laws, nor is he a vocal anti-choicer who protest outside the Supreme Court with images of dead babies.

Is this what happens when you name-drop another celebrity in your post? A potential derailing of a thread?

by Anonymousreply 5704/02/2013

R56 I wish I could explain it. I think I know why, but Im not going to come right out and say it. Besides, I think many of us know why. The good news is this: If the sole purpose of datalounge has become reinforcing the idea that gay males = women, that mission is failing. Look at the push back on this thread, the push back on the gaybro thread. The antiquated idea that gay males=women is dying off and being replaced with a younger and less dogmatic way of thinking. I for one am pleased.

by Anonymousreply 5804/02/2013

No one has ever said that gay men = women. It's about inclusion. It's about accepting all stripes within the same minority group.

I don't understand the hatred for drag queens or men who lean more towards the Andre Talley and EJ spectrum. These men are definitely more colorful, and I think that it's fantastic. They put the color in a very pale world.

by Anonymousreply 5904/02/2013

I hope you're right r58, but posts like r41, r46, r47, r51, r53 turn every thread rancid.

I know they're probably the same 2 people, but it's relentless and annoying.

by Anonymousreply 6004/02/2013

R5, the poor skinny white kid won't be poor for long if he keeps dating magic's son.

by Anonymousreply 6104/02/2013

[quote]These men are definitely more colorful, and I think that it's fantastic. They put the color in a very pale world.

"colorful" lol. So are the fat women in Walmart, I guess.

Although different does not equal bad, only a brainwashed zealot thinks different for its own sake automatically equals good.

by Anonymousreply 6204/02/2013

Nobody would give that big fat femme guy a moment if it wasn't for who his dad was. He needs to loose weight and get his act together. It looks like his parents let him indulge in too many fudge cupcakes. I wonder if he's diabetic already. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 6304/02/2013

I truly cannot believe the first picture of this guy coming out has him dressed like a hooker from New Orleans. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 6404/02/2013

Thank You R58 I feel the same way.

And I agree with you as well R59. It seems a little like self hatred to be ashamed of our effeminate brothers. They absolutely color our lives and I as an elderg*y celebrate and support them. They are my earliest memory of what it means to be flamboyant and alive. Here, Here Magic Johnson and wife. He is a wonderful boy.

by Anonymousreply 6504/02/2013

R62 I've never had any problems with fat people. I don't care if they're fat. It doesn't offend me as it seems to offend you. I don't like judging people. The thing with weight is that you can lose it.

by Anonymousreply 6604/02/2013

Pipe down, bigots. The story is whether he's fat, flaming, carrying a purse or wearing fur. It's that he is polite and respectful in a town where most celebrity children aren't. And that his sports athlete father who just happens to be HIV positive clearly loves and respects him for who he is.

Can't you just be decent for a change?

by Anonymousreply 6704/02/2013

R67 - how do we know he is polite and respectful. He looks like the type of temper tantrum throwing queen that goes postal if their soup isn't served at precisely the right temperature.

by Anonymousreply 6804/02/2013

r65, what's up with the 2nd sentence in your second paragraph?

by Anonymousreply 6904/02/2013

Amazing how Justin Bieber, a fairly hot young guy, gets trashed mercilessly here, but let some fat guy dress up as a woman and he's defended fiercely. You people are simply weird.

by Anonymousreply 7004/02/2013

The thread "Have you ever been on the wrong side of history?" I think posters like r62 and other like-minded individuals will come to realize they are on the wrong side of history.

Gay rights (and that includes the right to be a flaming queen) is marching on and society is becoming more and more tolerant. There will always be pockets of bigotry (even from within the same minority group) but those voices will be drowned out.

by Anonymousreply 7104/02/2013

Wow R68. You ignore how he actually is behaving and instead judge him base solely on how he looks? What are you? 12?

by Anonymousreply 7204/02/2013

R72 - I've been around the block a time or two and I'm sure you have as well. You know i'm right.

by Anonymousreply 7304/02/2013

r71, you're an example of what was mentioned earlier about DLers trying to portray gay males as women. Gay = males who are attracted to males, not males who want to dress as women. You can argue that they should be able to do whatever they want, and I'd agree, but it has nothing to do with homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 7404/02/2013

[quote]I've been around the block a time or two

TRANSLATION: I am old and bitter.

by Anonymousreply 7504/02/2013

I'm 40, but far from bitter. Real, not bitter.

by Anonymousreply 7604/02/2013

r74 I will say the same to you as I would say to any 20th Century bigots who are still alive: change can never happen so long as dinosaurs are still around. Society will be a lot better when old kooks like you are gone. You are keeping the US from progressing.

You and your bigotry will not be missed. It's like missing Strom Thurmond.

by Anonymousreply 7704/02/2013

Sure R76. Keep telling yourself that.

by Anonymousreply 7804/02/2013

R70, most of us here are not weird, we're gay. Most of us will reflexively defend Our Kind, just as Bieber will be defended by heterosexual girls and closeted bisexual men.

by Anonymousreply 7904/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 8004/02/2013

R74 Sorry pal, you just went off the rails. R71's post contains nothing of what you claim. In fact, they say almost the opposite of it.

by Anonymousreply 8104/02/2013

I bet he's a fun guy and is polite to everyone's mama. I hope he stays sweet and doesn't let all of the meanies in Hollywood get to him and change him.

But then again, he could buy and sell them, so what does he care!

by Anonymousreply 8204/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 8304/02/2013

R84 says what I have always felt. There is nothing more self loathing than a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 8604/02/2013

so r84 what should be do with the likes of EJ and young drag queens? Obviously they are a great embarrassment to you as a gay man and that just will not stand.

Should they be sent to a flaming queen conversion camp or therapy? Should we support Exodus International and request that they start a program to man-up these girlie boys?

What can we do to save the gay community from being wronged by Andre Talley and Magic's son?

by Anonymousreply 8804/02/2013

R88 We shouldn't 'do' anything with them.

Just hope they learn to love themselves enough to accept themselves as men.

by Anonymousreply 8904/02/2013

r89 So we should just continue to mock, ridicule and despise them, right? Because I heard that mocking, ridiculing, and even bullying them will solve the problem. Actually, the problem solves itself because with enough bullying, some of them will give up and just jump off the bridge.

Problem solved, right?

by Anonymousreply 9004/02/2013

R89, just one problem - cross-dressing or behavior which diverges from gender norms is observed in not only most human cultures, but also in most species of animal.

Maybe the problem here is you really do hate women? Is that maybe the real issue for you, and when you see men adopting female norms of dress and behavior, it scares you?

by Anonymousreply 9104/02/2013

[quote][R89] So we should just continue to mock, ridicule and despise them, right? Because I heard that mocking, ridiculing, and even bullying them will solve the problem. Actually, the problem solves itself because with enough bullying, some of them will give up and just jump off the bridge.

I say do nothing and hope they learn to love themselves and you turn it into the above.

You are one sick, twisted motherfucker.

I don't mock, ridicule or despise, I wish 'em the best.

by Anonymousreply 9204/02/2013

The fur coat...Mary.

The purse with the loaded gunbelt handle...MARY!

by Anonymousreply 9304/02/2013

r92 you and others have been bullying these poor boys. Read your comments. You talk about them as if they're animals who can't behave themselves in a decent manner.

Some of the comments here are so similar to how homophobes talk. You have absolutely no self-awareness. You and the other haters in this thread.

Imagine someone like EJ or a young kid reading this board and comes upon the comments in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 9404/02/2013

R94 you are a sicko.

I know what I have said and clearly you do not.

I would be afraid of anyone young on this board reading you and your histrionic sick projections of others.

I do believe that drag and ultra fem behavior is a form of self-loathing and difficulty in self acceptance.

I do not believe that any form of hate or derision is a solution to anything. Those are your projections, not my assertions.

I hope the world evolves to the point where men do not think they have to act or project as women or fem in order to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 9504/02/2013

Who wants to bet that r95 (etc.) is a flaming girly-man who's pathetically overcompensating out of his own self-loathing? Get over it, there are all kinds of ways of being a man (including ones that don't involve despising women).

by Anonymousreply 9604/02/2013

...and another one projecting his issues onto others.

by Anonymousreply 9704/02/2013

You have no sense of self-awareness r95. You talk about them as if they're freaks and you have no qualms about it. Yet you're calling someone else a sicko for trying to explain to you how your words are so similar to homophobes. These are bullying words. These are words that sting to a young kid who read it.

I an almost bet that your opinion isn't just limited to DL. You probably say the same thing to a friend when you see a slightly feminine man walk past you.

You and others are so hateful and so judgmental. Why can't you allow people be who they are if that's what makes them happy and they're not harming anyone?

by Anonymousreply 9804/02/2013

R95 You can not say you do not believe you have any form of derision while at the same time labeling someone as being self loathing. Its like saying, "I'm not a racist, but black people are just so lazy."

It is pretty clear to everyone who here is filled with self loathing. Its that poor, sad person you see staring back at you every morning in your bathroom mirror.

by Anonymousreply 9904/02/2013

R91 - THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL! I came home 2 hours ago to find my female dog standing there with a Harley Davidson collar on, a thick leather belt around her waist with a bone attached via a chain. I never knew it was common for animals to cross-dress and was very worried.

by Anonymousreply 10004/02/2013

r84, isn't this the same thing as straights making blanket statements about us?

I'm not saying you're 100% wrong, but the hatred of e-ffeminate men on this site isn't just because they're viewed as self-loathing.

I think a lot of gay men are trying to be accepted in mainstream straight society, and trans, e-ffeminates and drag queens just make it harder for them, so they blame these groups.

by Anonymousreply 10104/02/2013

Now THIS is real family values! If you really decipher that phrase that is so often used to divide then you will see that the true meaning is valuing your family, not condemning them or browbeating them into your narrow view of what's "normal".

My opinion of Magic just shot up 100% because of this. He is a real man and a real father, something that is exceedingly rare to see these days.

by Anonymousreply 10204/02/2013

r102, too bad he didn't come out during his playing days and take that beyond the family.

A lot of DL young men could have been helped.

I'm not saying he had too, but it would've been nice.

by Anonymousreply 10304/02/2013

Send a postcard from your Perfect World, R103.

by Anonymousreply 10404/02/2013

I'm incredibly disappointed with the bigotry in this thread. Your concept of what a man or woman should act like is like something out of the 1950s.

Homophobes are going to hate you regardless of whether you're wearing Levi jeans or a backwards baseball cap. You are just as much a queen in their eyes as this kid. But the difference is this kid doesn't seem to be consumed with hatred and judgement like you seem to be so he is naturally winning over you.

How are we ever going to be able to stand a united front against the oppressive straight white male when we are all so divided still?

by Anonymousreply 10504/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 10604/02/2013

r106, no I think it's pretty apropos of the moment. If you think about most of the true evil that is done in this world, it is still imposed by straight, white men who have absolutely no concept of what it means to be an "other".

by Anonymousreply 10704/02/2013

Some things never change.

by Anonymousreply 10804/02/2013

Girlfriend is going to inherit over $150 million.

by Anonymousreply 10904/02/2013

r106, They are dated, but still relevant.

by Anonymousreply 11004/02/2013

I agree with everything you said except for the oppressive straight white male part.

Look at Dr. Ben Carson. He's a brilliant doctor but so homophobic and so offensive on a variety of issues. He's a like a brainier Allen West. I wonder if his bigotry will eclipse all of the accomplishments. No one can deny his contribution to the medical world.

by Anonymousreply 11104/02/2013

r84/86/87 = Republicans

by Anonymousreply 11204/02/2013

[quote]so [R84] what should be do with the likes of EJ and young drag queens? Obviously they are a great embarrassment to you as a gay man and that just will not stand. Should they be sent to a flaming queen conversion camp or therapy? Should we support Exodus International and request that they start a program to man-up these girlie boys? What can we do to save the gay community from being wronged by Andre Talley and Magic's son?

Just be honest about it and let them know there's nothing cool about the act they're putting on. It's like a child having a temper tantrum. You don't indulge it/=.

by Anonymousreply 11304/02/2013

r113 Shouldn't you be blowing your bestie, John McCain, right now?

by Anonymousreply 11404/02/2013

There is an obvious troll creature haunting this thread and instead of feeding the monster under the bridge, perhaps we should just ignore it till it withers and dies from lack of attention?

by Anonymousreply 11504/02/2013

[quote]I'm not saying you're 100% wrong, but the hatred of e-ffeminate men on this site isn't just because they're viewed as self-loathing. I think a lot of gay men are trying to be accepted in mainstream straight society, and trans, e-ffeminates and drag queens just make it harder for them, so they blame these groups.

So how do the trans, e-ffeminates and drag queens feel about nambla people who used to march in parades with them?

by Anonymousreply 11604/02/2013

R112 - is that the best you could do?

by Anonymousreply 11704/02/2013

I'm with r67. Contrast Magic's sons reaction to the paparazzi with Sean Penn's 'nigger' rant at a photographer last week. Magic's son was polite and well spoken. He was obviously raised well.

by Anonymousreply 11804/02/2013

r118, the idea that Johnson would be a better parent than Penn isn't exactly a shocker.

by Anonymousreply 11904/02/2013

Good for Magic and his family. Our kids need all the support they can get.

by Anonymousreply 12004/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 12104/02/2013

Andre Talley Jr. .....Oh Lord

by Anonymousreply 12204/02/2013

Gurlll, how he doin'??

by Anonymousreply 12304/02/2013

W&W, r121.

BTW, am I being cynical, or is it possible that he felt he had no choice but to make that statement because his son was so flamboyant and out?

If he came out as a gay jock, maybe a baller, would the reaction be the same?

by Anonymousreply 12404/02/2013

Maybe he made the statement because it's exactly how he feels....he loves his son and fuck what anyone else has to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 12504/02/2013

r125, that's what I'd like to think, but given his history, I'm inclined towards cynicism.

by Anonymousreply 12604/02/2013

Yes, you're a cunt, R125/R126.

by Anonymousreply 12704/02/2013

R126, what's his history? I would hope at this stage in Magic's life there is no need for games. He does have fuck you money and fame.

by Anonymousreply 12804/02/2013

Yes they do.

by Anonymousreply 12904/02/2013

I take it, that he's not one of those gaybros that we hear so much about?

by Anonymousreply 13004/02/2013

He has more than 3 kids. I was a huge BB fan and I definitely remember there being at least 4. Good for their family, though. It's good to be supported.

by Anonymousreply 13104/02/2013

I immediately thought he seemed like a nice kid too. Very polite to the paparazzi guy, who also treated him respectfully.

I've seen much worse from the kids of famouse parents.

He's 20 and seems mature

by Anonymousreply 13204/02/2013

I know this guy and he is the most intolerable, spoiled, stuck up queen. Great his parents still love him, honestly must be harder when your son is such a flamer. But they also spoil him beyond belief. Whatever, good for all of them

by Anonymousreply 13304/02/2013

Bravo EJ.

by Anonymousreply 13404/02/2013

[quote]He's 20 and seems mature

And you'd know cause you saw his photo.

by Anonymousreply 13504/02/2013

The reason r56 is that this board is made up predominantly of old effeminate gay men who thankfully will die of disease or suicide soon and let the new generation craft new rules for our community.

by Anonymousreply 13604/02/2013

See, I'm among the last of a dying breed. Once the ERA and gay civil rights bills have been passed, me and mine will be swept under the carpets like the blacks done to Amos, Andy, and Aunt Jemima....and that, chillun', is called power. Be it gay, black, or flowered, it always comes down to the survival of the majority.

by Anonymousreply 13704/02/2013

It's scary that there is so much hate for this boy. Any gay boy with that level of security and confidence at 20 should be encouraged. It just shows how vitally important the love of family is to our well-being. Unfortunately many of us don't have that. Especially all the gurlz who are intimidated or envious of or repulsed by EJ.

by Anonymousreply 13804/02/2013

I have been reading here for ages, and I have seldom seen such a disturbing thread as this. I would expect to read such smack talk on Media Take Out or Sandra Rose...perhaps even a conservative white site.

Many of you have shown a pretty dark side of the state of supporting your community in these post-homo hate days.

With friends like you.....

by Anonymousreply 13904/02/2013

It's great that Johnson's son is out there and struttin' proud on Sunset with his parents support.

Meanwhile, two blocks south on Santa Monica Blvd, all the other heavyset, purse carrying black 20 something's are being ignored at Rage, Micky's, Revolver, and Here.

by Anonymousreply 14004/02/2013

Love him on Glee

by Anonymousreply 14104/03/2013

R37 Your esteem went up for them? Really?

by Anonymousreply 14204/03/2013

Kibble and bits...yummmmmm!

by Anonymousreply 14304/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 14404/03/2013

Magic announced he was HIV+ 21 years ago. Does this mean 20 year old EJ is HIV+?

by Anonymousreply 14504/03/2013

his bf is so cute. and hot. Money talks!

by Anonymousreply 14604/03/2013

Like father; like son. After all, Magic is the ONLY straight man to ever get HIV from a woman. BAWAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 14704/03/2013

r84 Some men are naturally femme. It has nothing to do with "self-loathing". Just like some lesbians are naturally tom-boyish. Plus make-up and dresses are NOT inherently female. Men in the past(and till this day outside of the west) wore heels, make-up, and wigs. Look at Europe in the 1700's and back.

Your issue seems to be with women and femininity in general. If you are comfortable with your OWN masculinity you don't need to tear down femininity or the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 14804/03/2013

Oh my, he's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 14904/03/2013

Hmmm, who's more embarrassing.... EJ or Chaz?

by Anonymousreply 15004/03/2013

I love Magic, he's always seemed like a really down to earth guy. This warms my heart.

The dude has a lot of power in the sports world. His words will go a long way to helping the first gay athlete come out before retirement.

by Anonymousreply 15104/03/2013

[quote]Magic announced he was HIV+ 21 years ago. Does this mean 20 year old EJ is HIV+?

One of the very first things he made clear with his announcement was that his then new wife and unborn child had tested negative.

by Anonymousreply 15204/03/2013

[quote]Some men are naturally femme.

I don't know ANY women no matter how fe.minine who act like that.

People like that go out of their way to act that queer.

by Anonymousreply 15304/03/2013

oh my...I feel so much better about Mamie!

by Anonymousreply 15404/03/2013

[quote]I don't know ANY women no matter how fe.minine who act like that.

Wow, you need to get out more

by Anonymousreply 15504/03/2013

LMAO! I can't help it. That boy looks a complete mess in whatever that is he is wearing. The purse is nice but the rest...

by Anonymousreply 15604/03/2013

Cool son and a very cool dad. Now that's what real "family values" look like.

by Anonymousreply 15704/03/2013

"We're all born naked;the rest is drag."

by Anonymousreply 15804/03/2013

The level of self loathing and psychosis in this thread would keep every psychiatrist in the country employed forever. Seek help people. It is okay that you're gay. Really it is.

by Anonymousreply 15904/03/2013

That. Girl.. Is on FIAH!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16004/03/2013

PLEASE - how can acting freely the way you want to act, despite the consequences, be self-loathing?! He's celebrating his personality and is not ashamed or afraid of people thinking he's gay. And he's certainly not self-loathing of his homosexuality. Those of you that have come up with that new spin - self-loathing his "manhood" - have such a distorted view of the term.

He may disagree with YOUR definition of manhood but I don't see a man who hates the way he is or acts in any size, shape, or form.

by Anonymousreply 16204/03/2013

R162, ITA. I was going to post about the very same thing. This phrase "self-loathing" is being used to frequently and freely. People are complex and can't be put into boxes. This young man is a prime example. Embracing your feminine side should not be seen as anything other than that.

by Anonymousreply 16304/03/2013

Ah but when man act masculine and don't worship queens you get all bitchy and scream they are self-loathing....

by Anonymousreply 16404/03/2013

R162 = Drag queen and she is PISSED you bitches won't talk about how "fierce" and "adorable" Ms. Johnson Jr. is.

R163 is self loathing and thinks all gay men should mimic women and prance about. Those of us who don't just aren't "being free".

by Anonymousreply 16504/03/2013

The "act" is what matters. What are you trying to prove?

Be yourself.

by Anonymousreply 16604/03/2013

It used to be the stereotypical non-masculine gay dudes who misused the word "self-loathing."

by Anonymousreply 16704/03/2013

Do you think he will get a sex change, like Chaz bono? His family can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 16804/03/2013

R165, assume and jump to conclusions much? Or is your post an attempt at humor? Or maybe you're just projecting your bs on others.

by Anonymousreply 16904/03/2013

Why is this news? It's not like the son is famous.wake me when Magic comes out.

by Anonymousreply 17004/03/2013

r128, you know there are numerous entertainers (I include athletes) who have both and insist they are straight to the point of homophobia, right?

This is particularly true in the African American community.

The closet has destroyed a lot of rich, talented people.

Kudos to him for unqualified support for his son, though. I'm too much of a cunt to shake my cynicism fully, but I'm glad Magic was open about his support.

by Anonymousreply 17104/03/2013

Like father like son.

by Anonymousreply 17204/03/2013

R162 R163 Thank you! I have been thinking the same thing also. In fact, I will go one further. The term self loathing has been tossed around so much, it has no meaning any more. EJ is supposed to be "self loathing" because he acts like a woman. And yet how many times have we seen gay men who are naturally masculine also are called "self loathing" because they must be putting on a front? (not straight acting, that's something different, the key word being acting). Go over and check out the Gaybros thread. Ive been called self loathing because even though I am a gay man, I don't really care for disco or the old fashion musicals. If you're 100% top and never even considered getting fucked, you're self loathing. If you're all sub and can only cum with a big dick up your ass, you're self loathing. If your Saturday night is appearing in a drag show, clearly you must be self loathing, otherwise whats with the disguise and fake persona and name? If instead, you're shooting pool with your friends at a sports bar, then you must be self loathing, because what kind of gay man would do that? I wouldn't be surprised if someone had claimed the way one wipes their ass is grounds to call them self loathing.

Besides, we all know who is REALLY the ones that are self loathing.

by Anonymousreply 17304/03/2013

Wait, Magic is a mo?

by Anonymousreply 17404/03/2013

Nice story but I kind of agree, like father like son. It doesn't matter to me, at least the kid feels loved.

by Anonymousreply 17504/03/2013

Did I already post that that is a $4400 Chanel BOY bag in red he is carrying? It's named after one of Coco's lovers, Boy Capel.

by Anonymousreply 17604/03/2013

Anyone see EJ on Fashion Police last night? His personality seems fine. Obviously he's spoiled but he doesn't seem too annoying...I will probably change my mind this coming winter though, as EJ is one of the cast members on the upcoming reality show "Rich Kids of Beverly Hills". Yes, he's going to be a reality star.

by Anonymousreply 17710/20/2013

He's been quiet lately

by Anonymousreply 17801/27/2015

by Anonymousreply 17901/29/2015

What a sick thing to say

by Anonymousreply 18101/29/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!