Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dear Steven Alan, your shit is obscenely overpriced

$240 for a hoodie? $364 for a cotton duffel bag? Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2013

Don't tell us. Tell Jayne Meadows.

by Anonymousreply 104/01/2013

Who/what is Steven Alan?

by Anonymousreply 204/01/2013

Oh poor, literally poor OP. I wish I could sympathize but I cannot fathom why you wouldn't consider those items as bargains!

Namaste.

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2013

I agree, i almost bought a canvas tote bag, but thank goodness I came to my senses in the nick of time.

by Anonymousreply 404/01/2013

If you are overweight and ugly wearing expensive clothes, you are still over weight and ugly.

Steven Alan's shirting, panting, socking, underwearing, and shoeing ain't all that.

by Anonymousreply 504/01/2013

Does he make shents?

by Anonymousreply 604/01/2013

$70 for a brass bottle opener. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 704/01/2013

Go on you poor folk, tell everyone your AMC Pacer still gets you from point A to point B, the same as a Porsche.

It's not the end result but the time spent getting there and how that matters. Otherwise, what is life?

by Anonymousreply 804/01/2013

Thank you li'l Stevie Alan at r8.

by Anonymousreply 904/01/2013

you have to shop at the discount steven alan in Los Feliz. everything at 50%.

by Anonymousreply 1004/01/2013

50% is still overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 1104/01/2013

I prefer to pay a reasonable price for a high quality product not for some label profit markup.

by Anonymousreply 1204/01/2013

[quote]Otherwise, what is life?

For you, it sounds like an exercise in overcompensation for your short-comings.

by Anonymousreply 1304/01/2013

Don't shop for what you cannot afford. Easy solution.

by Anonymousreply 1404/01/2013

And if you can afford it, you'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.

by Anonymousreply 1504/01/2013

The price can be justified if his stuff is made in the USA, and by that I mean not some Koreatown sweatshop in LA.

by Anonymousreply 1604/01/2013

His stuff is not made in the USA, or Canada for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 1704/01/2013

Oh Please. Steven Alan you have a lot to learn about how to properly price clothing.

by Anonymousreply 1804/01/2013

R18 I wish I was still young enough to get away with those ridiculous silver skinny jeans for $870, and rich/stupid enough to be able to get them.

Basically, I just want the moon on a stick.

by Anonymousreply 1904/01/2013

R15. What revolution? (This should be good)

by Anonymousreply 2004/01/2013

All designer shit is overpriced for no other reason than asshole's like Rachel Zoe will buy anything that has a designer label in it.

by Anonymousreply 2104/01/2013

"Free Shipping over $250", aka one hoodie.

by Anonymousreply 2204/01/2013

It's lame, laughably overpriced, faux nautical Vampire Weekend crap like this - and the clueless moneyed twits who buy it - that has handicapped the east side of Los Angeles (Silver Lake, Echo Park, etc).

by Anonymousreply 2304/01/2013

[quote]you have to shop at the discount steven alan in Los Feliz. everything at 50%.

Or wait until it goes on sale on Gilt.com -- as it ALWAYS does at the end of each season -- and get it 2/3rds off. Btw I don't think Steven Alan should be singled out here. There are *dozens* of men's brands with similar price ranges, many of which are of inferior quality; try Marc by Marc Jacobs, for instance, or even Band of Outsiders.

by Anonymousreply 2404/01/2013

R20 The on Will Not Be Televised You will not be able to stay home, brother. You will not be able to plug in, turn on and cop out. You will not be able to lose yourself on skag and Skip out for beer during commercials, Because the revolution will not be televised.

The revolution will not be televised.

The revolution will not be brought to you by Xerox In 4 parts without commercial interruptions. The revolution will not show you pictures of Nixon blowing a bugle and leading a charge by John Mitchell, General Abrams and Spiro Agnew to eat hog maws confiscated from a Harlem sanctuary. The revolution will not be televised.

The revolution will not be brought to you by the  Schaefer Award Theatre and will not star Natalie Woods and Steve McQueen or Bullwinkle and Julia. The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal. The revolution will not get rid of the nubs. The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner, because the revolution will not be televised, Brother.

There will be no pictures of you and Willie May pushing that shopping cart down the block on the dead run, or trying to slide that color television into a stolen ambulance. NBC will not be able predict the winner at 8:32 or report from 29 districts. The revolution will not be televised.

There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down brothers in the instant replay. There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down brothers in the instant replay. There will be no pictures of Whitney Young being run out of Harlem on a rail with a brand new process. There will be no slow motion or still life of Roy Wilkens strolling through Watts in a Red, Black and Green liberation jumpsuit that he had been saving For just the proper occasion.

Green Acres, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Hooterville Junction will no longer be so damned relevant, and women will not care if Dick finally gets down with Jane on Search for Tomorrow because Black people will be in the street looking for a brighter day. The revolution will not be televised.

There will be no highlights on the eleven o'clock news and no pictures of hairy armed women liberationists and Jackie Onassis blowing her nose. The theme song will not be written by Jim Webb, Francis Scott Key, nor sung by Glen Campbell, Tom Jones, Johnny Cash, Englebert Humperdink, or the Rare Earth. The revolution will not be televised.

The revolution will not be right back after a message bbout a white tornado, white lightning, or white people. You will not have to worry about a dove in your bedroom, a tiger in your tank, or the giant in your toilet bowl. The revolution will not go better with Coke. The revolution will not fight the germs that may cause bad breath. The revolution will put you in the driver's seat.

The revolution will not be televised, will not be televised, will not be televised, will not be televised. The revolution will be no re-run brothers.

The revolution will be live.

by Anonymousreply 2504/02/2013

Oh fuck off, R25.

by Anonymousreply 2604/03/2013

Poor r26 and his maxed out credit card.

by Anonymousreply 2704/03/2013

That website is awful. He's obviously not using the money to pay for models! It looks like the photos were done in his mother's basement: "Now hang the next one against the blanket, I mean, the backdrop!"

by Anonymousreply 2804/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.