Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Georgia GOP Chair Warns That Straight People Will Enter Sham Gay Marriages For Benefits

A top Republican in Georgia has sounded an ominous warning that legalization of same-sex marriage may also lead to fraud.

Sue Everhart, chairwoman of the Georgia Republican Party, told the Marietta Daily Journal in a story published Saturday that once gay nuptials are legally permitted, there will be nothing to stop a straight person from exploiting the system in order to claim marital benefits.

“You may be as straight as an arrow, and you may have a friend that is as straight as an arrow,” Everhart said. “Say you had a great job with the government where you had this wonderful health plan. I mean, what would prohibit you from saying that you’re gay, and y’all get married and still live as separate, but you get all the benefits? I just see so much abuse in this it’s unreal. I believe a husband and a wife should be a man and a woman, the benefits should be for a man and a woman. There is no way that this is about equality. To me, it’s all about a free ride.”

Everhart also expressed a distaste for homosexuality, which she argued is unnatural.

“Lord, I’m going to get in trouble over this, but it is not natural for two women or two men to be married,” Everhart said. “If it was natural, they would have the equipment to have a sexual relationship.”

Brian Keahl, executive director of the Georgia GOP, told TPM on Monday that he hadn't seen Everhart's comments and would have to confer with the chairwoman before commenting. When TPM followed up later in the morning, a man at the Georgia GOP said the group has "no comment at this time" before refusing to provide his name and hanging up.

by Anonymousreply 3504/01/2013

Like there aren't sham straight marriage already.

by Anonymousreply 104/01/2013

Straight couples have been getting married for many decades just for benefits.

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2013

Did she give this interview after watching the compelling documentary I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK AND LARRY?

by Anonymousreply 404/01/2013

Uh, she has it backwards.

It's usually gays who enter into sham STRAIGHT marriages.

by Anonymousreply 504/01/2013

GA - check

GOP - check

So a day that ends in "y"?

by Anonymousreply 604/01/2013

And this s different how?

by Anonymousreply 704/01/2013

I think the bitch has been watching too many Adam Sandler films...which tells you her level of intelligence right there.

by Anonymousreply 804/01/2013

They're get more desperate with more ridiculous statements. Will we have an OJ Verdict type meltdown if The Court approves of nationwide marriage equality?

by Anonymousreply 904/01/2013

Hey Gladys Kravitz, why don't you and your $9 worth of jewelry get off my fucking lawn.

by Anonymousreply 1004/01/2013

And fraud isn't a problem now? Why is it any less probable that a man and a woman would not enter into a fraudulent marriage than a same sex couple?

by Anonymousreply 1104/01/2013

Does she have any data to back this up? Any surveys or poll results? Or is she pulling this out of her ass as a last-ditch attempt to keep marriage "sacred"?

by Anonymousreply 1204/01/2013

The headline here should be: EVERHEART'S HOMOPHOBIA PUSHES HER TO PSYCHOTIC BREAK WITH REALITY.

by Anonymousreply 1304/01/2013

Not to mention the married straight couples who are no longer in love but who stay together solely for the benefits. Aren't they perpetrating fraud as well? What does the bitch have to say about them?

by Anonymousreply 1404/01/2013

I'll wait for Peggy Noonan to weigh in on this.

by Anonymousreply 1504/01/2013

"It's OK when WE commit fraud, because it benefits us. But its not OK when YOU commit fraud, because that impacts us in a negative way."

by Anonymousreply 1604/01/2013

Perhaps if we had a single payer National Health insurance program, sham marriages for benefits would be an issue.

by Anonymousreply 1704/01/2013

And what's to prevent straight people from impersonating straight people and entering into sham (straight) marriages?

I suppose it's all those juicy extra benefits and special privileges the gays are going to get.

by Anonymousreply 1804/01/2013

Bingo, R17!

No one's access to health care should depend on their being married to someone else.

by Anonymousreply 1904/01/2013

Notice how you have to have a government job with a great health plan.

Hey TUBBY - if we had national health care this would not matter.

Next she will be talking about how a straight man would marry a rich gay man for money!!!

by Anonymousreply 2004/01/2013

opps would = wouldn't

by Anonymousreply 2204/01/2013

Well now we have the perfect scenario for a remake of THE GAY DECEIVERS.

by Anonymousreply 2304/01/2013

Dear Chairman Everhard:

When you speak, you allow people to notice how stupid you are on an international level.

Sincerely,

Someone who never heard of you before and now wants you out of office.

by Anonymousreply 2404/01/2013

Look at the poor creature: She must question the intentions of ANYONE asking to marry.

by Anonymousreply 2504/01/2013

It's Georgia, people. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 2604/01/2013

He must be pretty innocent if he thinks it doesn't happen in straight marriages.

by Anonymousreply 2704/01/2013

Someone's watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry too much.

by Anonymousreply 2804/01/2013

Um, if they're after benefits, why wouldn't they just enter sham straight marriages?

This will never happen.

by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2013

Even worse, these straight people in shame gay marriages might even be allowed to adopt children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3004/01/2013

People are saying that this was an April Fools joke.

by Anonymousreply 3104/01/2013

[quote]this was an April Fools joke.

She said this before March 30

by Anonymousreply 3204/01/2013

What? Versus gay men that marry straight women, or gay woman that marry straight men? Or gay men and women that marry for an "arrangement"?

by Anonymousreply 3304/01/2013

I just wish in a moment of sanity, while no one was looking, that a law was passed with a minimum IQ level for all elected officials. Something with a minimum of 20 means you could enter a primary.

by Anonymousreply 3404/01/2013

What a fucking idiot. She's allowed to make decisions for other people? She shouldn't be.

I haven't heard anything quite this stupid in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 3504/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.