Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

T-Mobile has been really great.

Until this past October I had been with Verizon Wireless for over ten years. Finally, after their endless traps of inflating bills and just bs ... I' had enough.

Been with T Mobile for several months... no complaints...just pay my bill and everything works. Not crazy about their Iphone deal which will bring data hugs.

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2013

"data hogs"

by Anonymousreply 104/01/2013

Didn't one acquire the other several months ago?

by Anonymousreply 204/01/2013

I've been with T-Mobile since they were Voice Stream, and I have not had a land line for at least 10 years.

I've been very happy with them.

It's MetroPCS they're going to merge with, BTW.

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2013

There were some questionable items on my bill a couple months ago on my T-Mobile account and I called to complain that they also still didn't get my billing cycle right. I asked them when was they soonest I could get out of my contract because I've had enough, the girl switched me over to the "Loyalty Department." She asked if 15.00 off each month would make me happy. I took it. I suspect I could have gotten more if i pushed it. Threaten to leave, people. They will lower your monthly bill.

by Anonymousreply 404/01/2013

They have the best customer service. I am mostly happy with them. Their in building coverage needs improvement though.

by Anonymousreply 504/01/2013

TMobile is poised to have the best 4g experience when LTE takes off - because they have built out their psuedo 4g to 42mb. When you go off 4g lte on verizon or att you get their 3g which is abysmal on verizon and not that great on att (1.5). On TMO you go off LTE you get HSPA++ or 42 Mb. Right now I get about 20 down 5 up on their HSPA++ with my nexus 4.

Iphone is not a concern. The data hogs are already on tmo with probably the best unlimited plan. It just means the IPhone comes to the pinky network so people can over pay for it here too.

by Anonymousreply 604/01/2013

[quote]Didn't one acquire the other several months ago?

AT&T wanted to acquire T-Mobile, but the deal fell through at the very last minute.

T-Mobile was my first carrier, and their service was superb. I started with a little pre-paid phone bought at Target; within a year they had helped me transition to a post-paid account and a SIM card I could use in an unlocked GSM device. I switched to AT&T only reluctantly when the iPhone was released in 2007.

Rather strange that there are still huge swaths of the US where T-Mobile doesn't offer service, such as the entire states of Montana and North Dakota. I take it those had been Alltel territory, now divided between Verizon and AT&T.

by Anonymousreply 704/01/2013

I used T-Mobile for years. I was very happy with them despite some initial hiccups with automatic billing. They went out of their way to help. Unfortunately, I had to drop them because I simply got little or no signal where I live. I switched to Verizon and have had no customer service issues, so I can't compare. I did prefer T-Mobile when I went overseas though.

by Anonymousreply 804/01/2013

Has anybody switched to their new Uncarrier plans? I want the $70 unlimited everything, but I'll have to pay a $200 "migration fee" to get out of my contract.

by Anonymousreply 904/01/2013

I used to work for them.

They've been shedding workers left and right since the attempted merger with ATT. They're sending more and more workers overseas.

They went from being a decent company to work for to a really horrible place in a very short period of time.

Their customer service has gone way downhill. They always used to with the JD Power awards year after year for their service. Not any more.

by Anonymousreply 1004/01/2013

I've been with T-Mobile and am switching back to Verizon. My bill is higher than it's ever been (average $160/month for my and bf's phone) and coverage outside NYC blows.

by Anonymousreply 1104/01/2013

T-Mobile is for AIDS boys

Verizon rocks. REAL 4G

by Anonymousreply 1204/01/2013

lol Verizon rocks real 4g...with shitty bandwidth caps and pay through the nose services.

LTE is LTE....TMO is rolling it out. I had verizon LTE one of the first in Cleveland and it was maybe 8-10 Mbs down? I get better speed on my TMO HPSA++ now.

I pay 120 a month for two phones - everything unlimited. Can't beat that. No BS 5G plan and shared across all devices.

by Anonymousreply 1304/01/2013

Oh R12, please. Verizon's 4G is what we in the tech community refers to as "3.5G". Not nearly as fast as their GSM counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 1504/01/2013

Tmobile has been dropping subscribers like flies, which I assume is because they don't have an iPhone plan. I have an unlocked IPhone, but can only get Edge network, not 3G. Still, at $30/month for 1500 minutes/texts, there really isn't a better deal out there. It also comes with 30mb, but it's so slow I only use it for email. I prefer Tmobile because its SIM, and I can use my phone in the UK with ease. I think the only other major SIM carrier is AT&T.

by Anonymousreply 1604/01/2013

I also switched over to Tmobile from Verizon last October. Mainly down to cost. Verizon's latest all inclusive plans are ridiculously expensive and they don't care if it screws the customers. I told them I was considering Tmobile and the response from Verizon was basically, "You get what you pay for." I decided to risk it.

Verizon's phone signal is better than Tmobile's and initially it was annoying. But I haven't had any issues since the switch. My plan at Tmobile is about $30 cheaper each month than what I would pay at Verizon for comparable services.

by Anonymousreply 1704/01/2013

r15 - you do know LTE is GSM/UMTS right?

by Anonymousreply 1804/03/2013

The Verizon card for my laptop is supposed to be 4G but only connects 3G. It costs me 50 bucks a month but I'm going to drop it now that I am out of contract with Verizon and pay the tether option fee for my T-Mobile 4G phone.

Has anyone done that here?

Friends tell me that it drains the phone battery and it's better to keep it docked when tethered.

Insights?

by Anonymousreply 1904/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.