Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Magic City

Did that show ever get any good? Am I the only one watching it? So far it's just a bunch of indistinguishable brunettes. Not a lot of plot either and the mob boss or whatever he is is played by one the most annoying actors ever.

by Anonymousreply 3702/14/2015

It's back already? I thought it would return after the Spartucas finale.

by Anonymousreply 104/01/2013

It's not back yet. The Starz website says it's coming back in the summer.

I enjoyed S1, although it took a few eps for it to get into it's stride, then shit started happening. I'm looking forward to S2.

by Anonymousreply 204/01/2013

Steven Strait's hairy chest is a thing of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2013

I have no recollection of what happened in s1, except that one of Jeffrey Dean Morgan's son is screwing the mistress of the mob boss.

by Anonymousreply 404/01/2013

Magic City is back!

by Anonymousreply 506/17/2013

Also v. happy this is back. Love the production values, and the show really entertains me. Plus, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Steven Strait are hot.

by Anonymousreply 606/17/2013

There was plenty of female nudity in last week's episode but, alas!, no male nudity.

by Anonymousreply 706/17/2013

The creator of the show grew up on South Beach so he knows what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 806/17/2013

I love the show!

by Anonymousreply 906/17/2013

You love the show, R9, but Datalounge doesn't. I don't see any comments around here.

by Anonymousreply 1006/18/2013

I bought the first season on DVD, even though the reviews were relatively tepid. I enjoyed the production design a lot more than the writing (and much of the acting).

by Anonymousreply 1106/18/2013

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 1207/10/2013

It's one of those shows that I always forget I have recorded. It's a decent show but not compelling at all.

by Anonymousreply 1307/11/2013

I will be back if/when Steven Strait goes full frontal, which will be never I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1407/11/2013

Who was the dead guy at the end of episode 4 that Danny tried to save?

by Anonymousreply 1507/20/2013

Stunning -- Strait??

by Anonymousreply 1607/20/2013

And the other brother isn't too bad either...

by Anonymousreply 1707/20/2013

The pic that was intended from r16

by Anonymousreply 1807/20/2013

I'm watching this show for one reason, batshit crazy Ben Diamond. He brings the cray kink every show.

by Anonymousreply 1907/20/2013

Steven Strait will be a huge movie star. He just needs some elocution lessons. bless he does some full frontal, then nobody will give a shit how he speaks. I heard the other Brother is actually gay. Strait is as he sounds.

by Anonymousreply 2007/20/2013

How is Sherilyn?

by Anonymousreply 2107/20/2013

Starz just announced that Friday's episode will be the last one.

by Anonymousreply 2208/06/2013

I have them and never watched.

by Anonymousreply 2308/06/2013

[quote]Starz just announced that Friday's episode will be the last one.

Well, that blows. That means there's no way the show will get a proper ending. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 2408/06/2013

No!!!!! Stevie!!!

by Anonymousreply 2508/06/2013

Love Stevie! And Ben Diamond's wife. Danny Huston dates the actress who plays Ike's wife, Olga Kurylenko.

by Anonymousreply 2608/06/2013

I like the final episode. It managed to tie all the strings. It's almost as if the powers that be knew that this episode would be the last.

by Anonymousreply 2708/12/2013

I love that scene from 'Magic City'

by Anonymousreply 2801/22/2015

I really enjoyed that show.

Now, Magic City is headed for the big screen with Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Bruce Willis, Bill Murray, Olga Kurylenko, Danny Huston and Kelly Lynch starring.

by Anonymousreply 2901/26/2015

I'm glad to hear that, R29. But what about Steven Strait, Jessica Marais, Elena Satine and Christian Cooke? I want them in the movie, as well! It won't be the same without them.

by Anonymousreply 3001/26/2015

Jessica Marais reveals bipolar disorder struggle to Australian Women’s Weekly

by Anonymousreply 3101/28/2015

Is this show the reason JDM had to quit Shameless? If Magic City has been cancelled is there any chance he replaces Dermot Mulroney?

by Anonymousreply 3201/28/2015

R32, i don't know anything about that, sorry. I wish more people could post for Magic City. It was a nice and very entertaining show, set in the late fifties. I loved the soundtrack, as well. It surely was far better than other series who are supposed to be awesome, but in fact they are not.

by Anonymousreply 3301/28/2015

Wow, R31. I had no idea that Jessica was bipolar. She was very hot in Magic City. She made a great femme fatale.

I disagree with Op, the actor who playd the mob boss, Danny Huston was very intriguing in that role and the two brunettes of the series were anything but indistinguishable. They were not similar at all. You cannot compare Olga Kurylenko's style with that of Jessica Marais'. They are so very different.

by Anonymousreply 3401/28/2015

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

BUMP.

AAAAAAAH...C-O-M-E-O-N C-UM ON

by Anonymousreply 3501/30/2015

R27(Pantsy), it didn't make sense that in the end Vera pulled up outside Stevie’s hotel. Vera truly loved Ike, she would have never done anything like that, what the script writers were thinking? It was really cheap and unrealistic. And if by any chance,Vera wanted to make Ike jealous, she would have never chosen his son!

Yes, i can understand, Stevie's attraction for Vera and his resentment towards his father. Yes, Stevie could have screwed his father's wife, he could be cheap, reckless and selfish, but Vera, would never let herself go in that direction.

Really, when you write a script, you ought to pay attention to the way you depict a character. Throughout the show, Vera was loyal and fond of Ike, and suddenly in the end, the script wants her to go take a cheap direction, because Ike said kindly a firmly no to one of her demands. It doesn't make sense, at all.

by Anonymousreply 3602/08/2015

Jessica Marais played the iconic Les Girls headliner and Australian transgender pioneer, Carlotta!

You can watch the whole movie on Youtube.

by Anonymousreply 3702/14/2015
Need more help? Click Here.