Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

In the locker room...or, it's Opening Day!

Have you ever been in a professional sports team's locker room? What did you see? Details, please!

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2013

I was a grad student in exercise physiology way back when and we did some testing for the Cincinnati Reds. Now, this was when the Big Red Machine was THE team in MLB. To thank us they invited our cohort of 8 to attend a game.

Part of this night included a visit to the locker room. I'm struggling to recall but this visit must have been during warm ups or maybe even during the game as there were no players to be seen.

Well, this was a Saturday night ... The Saturday night before the All-Star Game to be played the following Tuesday at Riverfront Stadium. There we were touring the locker rooms... As I recall they were splendid... And what did I see? A long rack of All-Star jerseys!

I did what any Reds fan would have done, I took the Johnny Bench jersey off it's hanger and proceeded to walk out of the locker room. Unfortunately, I had had a few beers, perhaps more than a few, and didn't have the sense to hide my treasure as I walked passed the locker room manager. He promptly reclaimed the jersey and I lost the best souvenir ever.

by Anonymousreply 104/01/2013

Many times! Many many many times!

by Anonymousreply 204/01/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.