Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Pregnant Women Are A Big Deal?

I dont get it. Straight people fuck and eventually the woman ends up conceiving.

One of the associates my office does business with is pregnant. My boss, who is a woman, started mentioning that she looked pregnant a few weeks ago. I could not believe the amount of discussion amongst the females in my office over whether this woman's vagine was occupied or not. I felt a little sorry for her since she is young, not married, and was obviously trying to hide it. When she finally spilled the beans, they were like a pack of hyenas all over her.

Have we always made such a spectacle over pregnant women? Who did this start with? It couldn't have been Kim Kardashian or Jessica Simpson. Lucille Ball? Back in the day, pregnancies seemed like a huge and risky burden for women until they actually delivered a healthy child. A lot of women DIED in labor. Now it is like a celebrated sport.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2013

Uterus, OP. Her [italic]uterus[/italic] is occupied. I'm pretty sure her vagina is open for business.

by Anonymousreply 103/31/2013

Vagina occupied? You big damn dummy...

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2013

Women have always made a big deal over it. It is life changing, and as a woman who's had kids, i can say the changes you go through physically are astounding. It's a pretty big deal if you are going through it, I wouldn't have thought so, until I did, and an absolutely unforgettable experience. A lot of women get caught up in thie whole mommy experience to the point of boring everyone to tears. Now, that I don't get. Read a book, have an interesting conversation, ladies. Take a break from episiotomy and diaper talk for five minutes. What I don't get is the oldies who are still reliving it. I guess for some, it was the most exiting thing that ever happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 303/31/2013

[quote]like a pack of hyenas

OP, they're just looking for an excuse to socialize and bond. If they're older than her and have kids they love giving her advice and talking about the experience. Pregnancy is a pretty huge event in her life, potentially traumatizing, etc... and they get to mother her or feel like Yoda.

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2013

I agree with the op. Of course teenage girls think it's a wonderful thing to be pregnant...I guess they think it's a party? We act like it's so very special, it's not really special, it's normal.

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013

Men like to show off their semen whether it's via getting a woman pregnant or splattering it all over a guy's face.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

What annoys me is the special pregnant lady parking at the grocery story. WTF is that about? I'll park there just to spite them. And what is it with pregnant women coming to the gym and exposing their pregnant bellies all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2013

OH. SHUT. UP. OP

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

It's really inappropriate for a boss to start wondering aloud whether a subordinate is pregnant. I hate to say this, but especially since she's not married and a lot of people are judgmental about unmarried pregnant women, regardless of how well-off or prepared they are for motherhood. She was trying to hide it for a reason. I bet the boss got the office gossips jaws' a flappin'. Insensitive boss is the issue here.

You said "associate" so I assume it's a law office, so there's not much recourse for her other than to grin and bear it.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2013

[quote]Like all herd animals they are obsessed with themselves and each other. Sniffing each other's butts and all that.

Like the gay men on DL?

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

Damn, you're mentally ill r10.

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2013

[quote]Like all herd animals they are obsessed with themselves and each other. Sniffing each other's butts and all that. And never is this trait so obvious as when one of them is pregnant. They're built for this kind of tunnel-vision, nothing-else-exists-but-our-womanly-twats behavior.

I'm a straight woman. Why am I not like this at all? I hate having to feign enthusiasm when a pregnant acquaintance shoves her sonogram in my face. I constantly make up excuses to get out of baby showers...

R3, Even women without kids seem to gush.

R6 is absolutely correct. And poor mommies do everything they can to avoid acknowledging that it's just a biologically-urged power trip for men. In most cases, at least.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

[quote]Like all herd animals they are obsessed with themselves and each other. Sniffing each other's butts and all that. And never is this trait so obvious as when one of them is pregnant. They're built for this kind of tunnel-vision, nothing-else-exists-but-our-womanly-twats behavior.

You don't seem to know the difference between animals that "herd" and animals that "pack" and their respective behaviors, as well as what typifies the males and the females. You've just described the packing behavior of a dominant male dog.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

"Women are herd animals that exist to be bred and crap out infants. I know, it's terrible. But unfortunately the species requires them. "

Sorry one was dumb enough to shit you out.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

Oh. Also, R10, straight women of the child-loving type would say "EWWWWEHRMYGERDGROSS!" to the suggestion that they metaphorically sniff each other's asses. Too gay.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

Lord, what an easy group to get a rise out of -- R10 was trolling. Congrats for taking the bait.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

I understand being pregnant is "a big deal" to the woman actually pregnant and to close family members, but I've never understood why we're supposed to jump up and down with joy for people we barely know (co-workers, acquaintances, etc). At the end of the day, having a baby isn't exactly groundbreaking considering the billions and billions of people that have been born since the beginning of time.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2013

R20, the possessive is "their," not "they're." Your misspelling gives advance warning of your stupidity. Wouldn't you prefer that it come as a surprise?

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2013

[quote]women fundamentally know they're worth

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2013

R23 Why? You can't fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.