Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

'I love you, too': Cardinal Dolan says Catholic Church must embrace gays and lesbians

“We gotta do better to see that our defense of marriage is not reduced to an attack on gay people,” Dolan said. “And I admit, we haven’t been too good about that. We try our darndest to make sure we’re not anti-anybody.”

“Sexual love … is intended only for a man and woman in marriage, where children can come about naturally,” he said.

by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2013

What a giant pile of pure unadulterated grade-A premium horse shit.

by Anonymousreply 103/31/2013

Says the 'celibate' priest. or should I say, child-rapist priest.

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2013

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........

by Anonymousreply 304/01/2013

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage

by Anonymousreply 404/01/2013

So what he is saying as well is that sterile men and barren women should not marry either since they can't procreate.

by Anonymousreply 504/01/2013

This fat-fuck, egomaniacal, showboating, loudmouth asshole (and I knew him in St. Louis) is the phoniest piece of stupid lard imaginable. This bullshit about making "their" DOMA not seem anti-gay is just an example of his blase stupidity, as he admits that's exactly what it is and then hypocritically claims otherwise. At least his gummed-up arteries are going to blow soon.

by Anonymousreply 604/01/2013

R5, during the recent Supreme Court arguments, one of the female Justices called an attorney trying to justify the anti-gay marriage position, on just that. He tried to defend his position by claiming that men continue to be fertile and she responded by saying there aren't gonna be a whole lot of children coming from a couple in their 50s and beyond.

by Anonymousreply 704/01/2013

OP, why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 804/01/2013

Pedos rule!

by Anonymousreply 904/01/2013

Touchy. Touchy. The first hint of criticism about priests raping choir boys by the thousands and a cardinal gets all humpty about what gays are "entitled" to...

[quote] [Cardinal Dolan] went on to say that gay couples are only "entitled to friendship", and that “sexual love is intended only for a man and a woman”.

by Anonymousreply 1004/01/2013

There has not been one mention on the news about the new pope's vile homophobia, not one word. I guess Diane is too afraid people will think she is not the hetero she pretends to be.

by Anonymousreply 1104/01/2013

Nice and all that he wants to embrace us, but why allow him to voice his opinion on the subject? The right to get married in the church (any church or synagog, any religious house of worship) isn't the issue here. This battle is with federal and state governments recognizing same sex marriage as equal to opposite sex marriage.

If you don't want gays to get married in your church, fine, that's your perogative. But no one in the US gets married without a state-issued marriage license and that's what this is about.

by Anonymousreply 1204/01/2013

Fuck him. Why does anyone feel they need approval from old coots like him anyway? Fuck him. Fuck him with something hard and sandpappery.

by Anonymousreply 1404/01/2013

Are we supposed to be impressed by this statement?

by Anonymousreply 1504/01/2013

Cardinal Dolan has personally embraced many gays.

by Anonymousreply 1604/01/2013

Too late, fat fuck..

And is it just me, or does anyone else find this twat to be a shameless famewhore?

He's almost as bad as Bloomberg. He turns down NOTHING and loves doing his fake 'adoring priest' schtick. He completely embarrassed himself in Rome by so openly, publicly campaigning to be Pope and was speaking to the media so much, having his own fucking press conferences, etc., that the Cardinal bosses had to shut down all the Cardinals to shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 1704/01/2013

the Catholic Church is just a huge crock of shit anyway!

by Anonymousreply 1804/01/2013

Isn't Dolan formerly best friends with Msgnr. Meth of Connecticut or that a different guy?

by Anonymousreply 1904/01/2013

The church bit is just theatre. I had a cousin who got married in Vegas a month before her planned "wedding" for her friends and family. All that "holy union" shit is optional. These people should not be weighing in on this issue. It's a civil matter not a religious one.

by Anonymousreply 2004/01/2013

Thanks, r17. I've always found him so repellent in that fake-jolly, twinkly way that makes my skin crawl. Hope he ends up in the middle of a huge scandal.

by Anonymousreply 2104/01/2013

The Catholic Church says that it is not a sin to be gay, only to engage in homosexual acts. That is the only position on the issue that Cardinal Dolan can take. What else would you think he would say? At least he isn't saying that we're an abomination and should burn in hell, like a lot of fundies do.

by Anonymousreply 2204/01/2013

"This fat-fuck, egomaniacal, showboating, loudmouth asshole (and I knew him in St. Louis) is the phoniest piece of stupid lard imaginable."

"loves doing his fake 'adoring priest' schtick"

"I've always found him so repellent in that fake-jolly, twinkly way that makes my skin crawl. Hope he ends up in the middle of a huge scandal"

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 2304/01/2013

Cardinal Dolan is doing a really good thing here. Why is it that most of you can't see that! So bitter, cynical and negative. I truly think most of you will NEVER be satisfied or happy.

by Anonymousreply 2404/01/2013

Why are so many gays Catholics?

by Anonymousreply 2504/01/2013

R25 - Because there are many Catholics in the world. Approaching 2 billion.

by Anonymousreply 2604/01/2013

[quote] These people should not be weighing in on this issue. It's a civil matter not a religious one.

Exactly. The RCC (and every other church) is free to marry or refuse to marry whomever it pleases, and to clarify its position on who may get married *in the church* for anyone wanting to know, but it should keep its collective yap shut about state and federal marriage laws.

by Anonymousreply 2704/01/2013

If two divorced people (man and woman) want to marry without having an annullment in place, they can't get married in a RCC church. They can however get married by a justice of the peace etc.

by Anonymousreply 2804/01/2013

[quote]The Catholic Church says that it is not a sin to be gay, only to engage in homosexual acts.

Ain't they great!? What gibberish. The whole joint can go down in flames for all I care.

by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.