Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How do I get something to someone performing in a Broadway show?

A friend started a baking business making specialty cookies and she would like to send some to the performers in some Broadway shows since the cookies feature musicals. Can you just leave a package for someone at the stage door with the name of the performer? She is very shy and doesn't know how to get her product in the hands of the right people. I told her that people on DL would know. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 1904/01/2013

Send it to the person/performer in care of the Theatre.

Which show is it? I know a large number of performers on Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 103/31/2013

Thanks. That's a good idea. I think she was hoping to save on postage but that would work. Would they accept a bunch of packages if the performers name was stated you think?

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2013

I would never eat food sent to me before a performance. Especially from someone I don't know.

Your friend should bring them to the theater after the show (when performers are hungry) and introduce herself to security and hand him/her her card so they know where to find her.

by Anonymousreply 303/31/2013

R3 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2013

That's fair. What if she wanted to drop off coupons or something with some promotional swag. Could she do that at the stage door or is the "stage door" a real thing or just something you hear about in movies with a crusty but loveable old guy with a hundred keys attached to his belt?

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013

R3 is correct. I would never eat food sent to me by mail. I would be SCARED of eating food delivered in person after a show, but if you left a card and told me that YOU made the food, I might be willing to give it a try. Did it not occur to the OP that performers have to be wary of malicious people trying to poison them?

I would prefer to be handed a coupon for a free bunch of cookies I could pick up at a store. That way I'd know the cookies are safe.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

[quote] performers have to be wary of malicious people trying to poison them?

Like an understudy?

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2013

This is really helpful. Thank you. I never thought of the food safety issue but of course that makes sense. She wrote a cookbook and I was thinking she could include that. But how we should get it to them?

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

R8 Your friend has a business. It isn't as though she's going to send them unmarked in a plastic baggie. As long as she has a business cards, professional boxes, etc, it should be fine.

But yeah,, you can tell her to just send coupons instead if she wants to save on postage and wants to make sure it doesnt come off creepy or have her baked goods thrown in the trash.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2013

(7) You got that right....

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2013

Is your friend "special"?

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

I would NEVER eat anything that a stranger left for me. Period!

No mater how profesional it was boxed and no matter how many cards you left at the door.

Any crazy could do anything to those baked goods.

I would just thank whoever and toss them right in the trash.

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2013

These days stagedoors are usually manned by crusty, UNloveable overpaid young guys, usually fat and slovenly and smelly. They spend most of their time staring at their little TV screens watching football or baseball games, depending on the season.

I swear you could walk past most of them without being stopped if you looked rather innocent and confident of where you were going.

Just say "I'm with wardrobe."

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

I'd eat it.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

R12

Trust me, most of them wouldn't think twice about it.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

OP = Michael Biehn in "The Fan"

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

OP you know that we know that you and your "friend" are the same person, right?

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

Absolutely never...way too dangerous

by Anonymousreply 1804/01/2013

Cookies, OP, or underwear? Where is this leading? Who's the lucky chorus boy?

by Anonymousreply 1904/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.