Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Andrew Lloyd Webber 40th Anniversary special on ITV in the UK tonight

Nicole Scherzinger singing "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina," Samantha Barks singing "Another Suitcase In Another Hall," bits of Jesus Christ Superstar, Cats, etc.

How was it, UK DLers? Could someone please post a YT link here? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1204/01/2013

How did Nicole Scherzinger get a career in the UK? Is Simon Cowell trying to make her happen?

by Anonymousreply 103/31/2013

Having seen her on X Factor USA, where she was awful, she single handedly saved the UK show last year. She didn't have the play the subservient role in Cowell's presence, and she was funny, kind, caring and passionate, and while the show itself was a piece of shit, she was amazing.

She was quite good tonight, gave a good performance. Samantha Barks has been much better doing ALW standards (see her performance of Memory with Rachel Tucker in the I'd Do Anything sing off for a place in the final) but the standout for me was the start of The Bodyguard (I forget her name) singing Memory.

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2013

I heard Michael Ball got really fat. Cue John Simon...

I'll never forget when he took off his shirt in Aspects of Love when it was on Broadway. He had manboobs which required a manbra. I couldn't believe it. The dude was on Broadway with his shirt off, why didn't he hit the gym in preparation? Or at least lay off the Krispy Kremes.

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2013

Michael Ball piled on the pounds supposedly for Hairspray, but he's one of those lardy men who's always battling their weight and saw Edna as the chance to let the diet go and eat all the pies.

Alongside Elaine Paige he's probably the best known musical theatre performer in the UK. His latest album of dreary cover versions looks and sounds fucking shit though.

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013

When Michael Ball played the lead in the original London production of PASSION, he couldn't wait to do the "nude" scene that opens the show. One look at his shirtless torso and Sondheim said NO - HE MUST NEVER SHOW THAT SHAPELESS CHEST AGAIN.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

I'm sure it was DIVINE. Who sang shit from Sunset? Kim Kardasshian?

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

Who the fuck is Patti L?

by Anonymousreply 904/01/2013

The original Fantine at the Royal Shakespeare Company, R9/bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1004/01/2013

She was in the original production with Michael Balls and Colm Wilkinson and Frances Ruffelle?

Never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 1104/01/2013

Michael Ball was rumored to be the BF of Prince Edward years ago....

by Anonymousreply 1204/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!