Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you have your own yard?

I'm curious how many of you live in high-rise condos and apartments- and how many have land.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1804/01/2013

I have an apartment with a small garden outside, and GARDENERS.

I do not want to spend my free time mowing a fucking lawn.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 103/31/2013

I have neither. I most residents in my part of town, I have a very small plot of concrete in the back of my house. I have planters and growing greens things of all types, but no grass to be seen anywhere.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 203/31/2013

We have two houses in town and a country place. They all have "land," the city houses have 1 1/2 lots with front and back yards. The country place has 260 acres, with a vegetable garden, cutting garden, two walking gardens - one with a pond in the center and one in a sylvan setting. And there are two distinct flower/shrubbery gardens closer to the house, in addition to the front lawn. I don't think the orchard qualifies as a yard, but it does take up some space.

We use the second house for overflow accommodations for guests and do some city gardening there.

We also have a place in a NYC high-rise but there's no yard there except the common areas. It's landscaped nice but we're only there about six times a year.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 303/31/2013

Technically, it belongs to the HOA, but they are pretty cool about us planting our own shrubs and flowers.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 403/31/2013

Yes, I have my own yard and I love it. It's just a regular size yard that you would find with any suburban-type house, but it's still great. As much as I love big cities, I need to have my own space. It's nice sitting outside when it's warm and just relaxing in the back yard.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 503/31/2013

Technically, it is not mine because I rent, but I do have a yard.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 603/31/2013

I have a 12' x 20' terrace, but no yard.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 703/31/2013

I do, but it's very small. The HVAC module takes up a big chunk of space. But I'm not a gardener and hate having a big yard to clean, so it's no big whoop.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 803/31/2013

I have a fairly large yard that's a total eyesore. Bought my place 7 years ago and had grand plans but several years of being under or unemployed and most of the plans never came to fruition.

I do have a fairly private patio off my kitchen with a grill and outdoor dining and a planting bed that runs along the perimeter. Its where I spend most of the yard

The rest of the yard is a barren wasteland of weeds and 2 dead trees and a falling down fence.

I never seem to have the time or energy to deal with it. My first couple of years I planted an extensive vegetable garden and put in a new plant bed, but the plant bed shriveled in died in the drought we've been having.

I wish I had the money to do it all at once that in the fits and starts I've done.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 903/31/2013

After 20 years of city living, I now own a house in the suburbs. I have two acres, about half of which is lawn, several flower gardens and the rest is trees. I had a lawn service the first year I lived here and was not happy with the quality of work for the price ($3,500 for the season, just to cut grass, nothing else).

Now I hire a service to do spring and fall clean up, and I bought a riding mower and edger. I love to come home from work and ride around on the tractor. Then I jump into the pool afterwards!

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1004/01/2013

Terrace, I prefer it grass is a waste. I like my food in pots.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1104/01/2013

Yes, and it is a fucking mess right now.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1204/01/2013

I have a large yard with room for trees and garden areas. Entire lot is made private by a 6 foot privacy fence on the perimeter of the property.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1304/01/2013

Large yard (8+ acres) that I mow regularly. There is a 5' fence around the perimeter.

Climbing on board the mower can be very relaxing; I just put on my iPod/headphones and just go. It takes about 15 hours to mow the full property.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1404/01/2013

I have room for a pony!

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1504/01/2013

I am a penised person on The Land!

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1604/01/2013

I live in an apartment with a covered balcony and a large oak tree in the courtyard in front of it. Only part of the balcony gets sunlight, and that's only for a few hours. I can grow some flowers, but not enough sun for vegetables

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1704/01/2013

Yard. I was using a Mx guy for the yard but recently found an American guy at the same price recommended by the Master Gardener at the plant nursery. Am I happy with the American guy? Hell yes. He's fantastic, & knows the names of all the plants.

by Jesus who mows the lawnsreply 1804/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.