Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What matters to you more as you age: getting laid or companionship?

And why?

For me, I just hope to get laid for as long as I can. I've given up on any hope of a relationship. I also enjoy the thrill of the chase. There will always be Key West and gay cruises where I can pursue it and I have resigned myself to when I am old and ugly giving up. But while I can, I'm in it for the sex.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

And by age I mean exiting your twenties. As long as you're hot, you don't have to worry about anything except condoms in your twenties.

by Anonymousreply 103/31/2013

How old are you, OP?

Whatever age you are, I think a little more age will take your current attitude about getting laid over companionship right out of you.

Good luck, though.

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2013

Wait until your hormones stand up and march right out the door leaving you with little sex drive and a ton of time.

by Anonymousreply 303/31/2013

I'm not super old yet, but I tried long-term relationships earlier in my life and then realized how complicated they are..or maybe I just am. Since then, I've just preferred to get laid every once in a while. Sexually accessible companionship isn't everyone's preference. Gasp!

Aging women, though, seem like more of a generalization. Most will abandon their hopes for their ideal man. They'll marry one who has money--which is the biggest factor--and meets their minimum standards of not being an embarrassment to them. And straight men may settle for a plain jane who can be their mommy, but they will usually try to get hot women for as long as they can at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2013

I've gotten laid so many times at this point that I never actively seek it out anymore.

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013

Companionship has always mattered more to me than getting laid, even when I was a very attractive twenty something. Meaningless casual sex can be fun and it has its place but in the end I think most people want to have someone who they can share the more important things in life with than just sex.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

I had all the casual sex with many partners I needed between the ages of 15 - 21, and was quite ready for the collaborative relationship life after that.

Orgasms are easy.

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2013

42. Would rather have the companionship.

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

Why bother with a twerp OP who forces false dichotomies, and also reduces sexual contact between men as "getting laid"?

It sounds like the type of planted OP who will enjoy neither.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2013

I wasn't interested in casual sex when I was 18 and I'm not now, 30 years later.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2013

You can have excellent, fulfilling and lifelong companionship with someone and not have a sexual relationship with them. The marriage-partnership thing as we know it is a construction.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.