Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I realized tonight one of my best friends has a mood disorder

For a year he has been behaving very erratically, and I wondered whether it was a midlife crisis. But tonight watching him swing from almost catatonically depressed to upbeat, then back to midway again, I realize there must be something chemically out of balance with him. He was behaving like other people I know who are bipolar when they're off they're meds.

What should I do? He is in therapy but is not seeing a psychiatrist, nor is he on any meds. And could bi-polar disorder really manifest itself in his late 40s? Before this year he was fine (lightly depressed and in therapy, but not nearly so violently moody).

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

Dear, are you qualified to diagnose people?

If not, then kindly shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 103/31/2013

[quote] Before this year he was fine (lightly depressed and in therapy

Why was he depressed?

Why is he in therapy?

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2013

There's kind of not much you can do. Most therapists feel pressure to send their clients to a psychiatric evaluation, just for records. If it's a therapist who works with a bigger practice, it's pretty much required.

If he hasn't seen a psychiatrist for a brief Q&A, then odds are he declined one. If you don't want the confrontation, try to hang out with him less or in a larger group.

by Anonymousreply 303/31/2013

Bipolar is very in nowadays. Congratulate him on his being so fashionable.

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2013

r1 you do not need to be medical professional to know batshit when you see it.

So you shut the fuck up asshole!

OP was only asking...

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013

Sounds like drugs, OP. Self medicating.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

Do bipolar people really cycle back and forth that quickly? Maybe he just has a run of the mill drug problem.

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2013

I don't know that it's bipolar--but it seemed beyond his ability to control it.

I seriously doubt it's drugs--he's incredibly straight arrow.

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

BUMP

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2013

Just stay thie hell away from him, you can't make him get the kind of help he needs or take meds, and he will only f-@& up your life every chance you give him.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2013

Did you feed him gluten? Gluten is toxic!

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.