Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stephen Baldwin pleads guilty in tax case, blames faith for lack of money

Stephen Baldwin pleads guilty in tax case, blames faith for lack of money

By Molly Chance | March 30, 2013 9:49 PM ET

Stephen Baldwin has pleaded guilty to charges that he failed to pay income taxes in the sate of New York between 2008 and 2010, leaving himself a tax bill of $400,000. CNN reports a judge knocked $100,000 off that figure, which included $50,000 in penalties and interest.

"Mr. Baldwin is very appreciative of the D.A. Office's willingness to work with him, and he looks forward to repaying the debt and being a productive member of society," says Baldwin's attorney, Russell Yankwitt.

Baldwin was arrested in December and released without bail after an arraignment. His older brother, Alec Baldwin told Piers Morgan at the time a deal was already being worked out. "This was all pre-arranged with the D.A. for him to go in and make an appearance," Alec said. "And they've got to shake him down, and they've got to make him walk that gauntlet because that's their procedure, even though steps have been made to begin the process of remediating that money, and down payments have been made."

Yankwitt claims Stephen's Christian faith has hampered his earning ability in Hollywood. "Mr. Baldwin is a man of faith, and it's difficult for him to get jobs in Hollywood that are compatible with his faith, and that's one of the difficulties he's had paying off the money," says Yankwitt.

Baldwin has roles lined up in three upcoming projects. And while he currently stars on "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice," Yankwitt the money Baldwin earns on the NBC reality show goes directly to charity.

by Anonymousreply 4803/31/2013

[quote]Mr. Baldwin is a man of faith, and it's difficult for him to get jobs in Hollywood

Then maybe he should live in a less expensive house. Of course, that would not help his career of being a professional victim.

by Anonymousreply 103/30/2013

God I hate this choad. I didn't even really know enough to have an opinion about him before but I watch him on Celeb Apprentice and he's the worst. Totally smug and condescending dick. Also, he is always bragging about his fucking publicist or whatever business, one would think he could pay his taxes. Hypocritical douche. I hope he gets fired soon.

by Anonymousreply 203/31/2013

He's smug cock cheese.

by Anonymousreply 303/31/2013

He has a big house in ritzy Westchester County, NY., a TON of children (Catholic), and I can't turn on my cable TV without one of his cheapie low-budged flicks showing up on the Sy Fi channel. The guy works ALOT.

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2013

Oh, I happen to know a lot about how to pitch Crystal Light. After all, that is my business, I'm in advertising/publicist..oh you didn't know that. Yeah, it's kinda what I do.. (gives smug Jim Halpert look to the camera)

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

Isn't he the Baldwin married to the black woman?

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2013

I thought he was married to Wilson Philips chick? She's a big ole Christian too.

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

R8. Billy Baldwin (not Stephen Baldwin) is married to Chynna Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2013

Oh thank you r9. She is a big Xtian too, right? I get those other Baldwins counfused.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2013

Chynna Phillips became a Christian in 2003. In the October 15, 2007 issue of People magazine, she was said to be writing songs for a Christian album. She appeared in brother-in-law Stephen Baldwin's documentary Livin It: Unusual Suspects.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2013

He is a Christian "man of faith?" Is that all a front as he's always bragging (about his non-existent marketing skills) on Celeb Apprentice plus he has this giant creepy black and red pentagram or whatever (star inside a circle) tattoo on one of his arms. He always appears so smarmy.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

What a douche-bag.

You should have seen his embarrassing appearance on the U.K. Celebrity Big Brother a couple of years ago. He tried to explain to another "celebrity" why evolution doesn't exist, and it was just cringe-worthy with his utter ignorance and his complete unawareness of how stupid he appeared.

Wasn't he also in "I Was a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here"?

He seems to be born-again purely for publicity purposes. Plus, he can't shut the fuck up about being in The Usual Suspects.... 18 years ago. But, in his defense on that point, if you've only ever had one professional success, it may be difficult to stop reminding people of it.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

All the Baldwin brothers are bad seeds. Alec represents the worst of liberals and this douche represents the worst of Christians.

I think all sides of the political and religious spectrum should revile the Baldwin brothers. How any of them still have careers in Hollywood is mindboggling.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

[quote]He has a big house in ritzy Westchester County, NY., a TON of children (Catholic),

Stephen only has two kids -- two daughters.

[quote]Isn't he the Baldwin married to the black woman?

Stephen's wife is Brazilian (but not black); her father is the Brazilian musician Eumir Deodato.

R7, maybe you're thinking of Adam Baldwin? No relation to the Baldwin brood but a rightwing nutcase. Don't know who his wife is though.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

[quote]Stephen's Christian faith has hampered his earning ability in Hollywood.

And yet jesus freak Mel Gibson is a billionaire.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

his christian faith has fuck all to do with his tax situation. he spent the money he should have set aside to pay his tax and came unstuck...

first rule of engagement.. always pay you tax.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2013

I can't really tell the Baldwin brothers apart. I saw one of them in LA but I don't know which one it was.

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2013

Every time I think of Stephen Baldwin, I remember seeing him on Kathie Lee and Hoda's show. He and Kathie Lee were emphatically saying that Jesus wants us to make lots of money. That clutching desperation to justify their greed and moneymaking schemes was jaw dropping.

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2013

[quote]I can't really tell the Baldwin brothers apart. I saw one of them in LA but I don't know which one it was

Billy is the skinny one. Stephen is the blond one, now fatty. Daniel and Alec have begun to resemble each other. When I first saw the trailer for the GREY GARDENS HBO movie I thought it was Alec playing Little Edie's love interest, but then I wondered why he wasn't billed in the previews.

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2013

if you owe 400k in taxes, youve made plenty of money

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2013

[quote]He and Kathie Lee were emphatically saying that Jesus wants us to make lots of money.

The bible is full of stories of jesus going around doling out earthly riches to people who begged him enough for them, I mean "prayed" for them.

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2013

The house in question -- it's in Rockland County (not Westchester Cty.)

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2013

R25 clearly R23 was being sarcastic. Once again you prove that religious people have no sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 2603/31/2013

Yes, R23 was clearly make a joke about KLG and SB's hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 2703/31/2013

Stephen is the epitome of douche, no? He used to be so sexy too.

by Anonymousreply 2803/31/2013

[quote] The house in question -- it's in Rockland County (not Westchester Cty.)

R24, that story is from 2009.

by Anonymousreply 3003/31/2013

Thank you R26, for stating what should have been obvious, but apparently wasn't, to the sarcasm-challenged fraus of DL.

by Anonymousreply 3103/31/2013

R30: Yes it is, and it's still his (disputed) house it seems, and it was the Rockland County courthouse at which he pleased guilty two days ago.

I found a photo of the house; I never promised you a fucking exhaustive bibliography of his legal, spiritual, emotional, financial troubles.

by Anonymousreply 3203/31/2013

[quote]Every time I think of Stephen Baldwin, I remember seeing him on Kathie Lee and Hoda's show. He and Kathie Lee were emphatically saying that Jesus wants us to make lots of money. That clutching desperation to justify their greed and moneymaking schemes was jaw dropping.

Of course she would say that - she's as phony as he is.

by Anonymousreply 3303/31/2013

[r21] - thanks! Though I'd probably won't make the effort telling them apart. They all seem like crap.

by Anonymousreply 3403/31/2013

Ugh. Stephen did every single celebrity Reality Show there is including The Mole: Celebrity Edition. That douche has nerves to play the victim and claim that God wants him to be rich and not care about paying taxes (remember the story of Jesus saying something like 'give the emporer what is his (aka. the coins that have his face profile on them) and give god what is his'?).

by Anonymousreply 3503/31/2013

My favorite part of his Celebrity Big Brother appearance was him reading the Bible and attempting to have some kind of Bible study going on, and the celebrities faces as they pretended that they weren't annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 3603/31/2013

He also baptized Spencer and Heidi (or just one of them?) in I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here because he's an ordained priest or something.

by Anonymousreply 3703/31/2013

A classic case of where the lord doesn't provide.

by Anonymousreply 3803/31/2013

r35 it's "Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" And I am so not surprised he said that because I thought of it as soon as I read this.

r29 Are you fucking serious? Why do you even come here everyday if this is so offensive? We are making fun of Baldwin's hypocrisy and douchiness. Clearly he just doesn't want to pay, the religious reasoning is his lame excuse. Go get pissed at him, he's the one mocking your beliefs. Especially if you have a job and go out into the Godless world everyday to earn money. Apparently he doesn't think he should have to.

by Anonymousreply 3903/31/2013

Fuck you, R33! Fuck you right in your peasant ass!!!!

Yours in the risen Christ,

Kathie Lee

by Anonymousreply 4003/31/2013

"Mr. Baldwin is a man of faith, and it's difficult for him to get jobs in Hollywood that are compatible with his faith, and that's one of the difficulties he's had paying off the money," says Yankwitt."

Then perhaps he should look for a job OUTSIDE of Hollywood.

The "man of faith" stuff is B.S. since people like Jim Caveiziel, Mel Gibson and, yes, Kirk Cameron, can find projects that don't go against their beliefs/ He seems to enjoy doing crap like British reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 4103/31/2013

[quote]Ugh. Stephen Baldwin did every single celebrity Reality Show there is including The Mole: Celebrity Edition...and crap like British reality shows

If he didn't do reality shows, he never work at all. He's a self-righteous, sanctimonious douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 4203/31/2013

Sacred beliefs, R29? You're sure an entitled special fucking snowflake.

Whatever is in your pea brain is sacred only to your own pea brain. Nobody else in this life, on this planet, in this universe, is obligated to grant special dispensation to anything you conjour up in your pea brain.

I hope that's clear enough to be grasped by your pea brain.

by Anonymousreply 4303/31/2013

R43, you sound like a raving lunatic. got a burr in your gay saddle huh? religion is a sore point for you. R29 was making a valid point and you counter w/pea brain insults.

by Anonymousreply 4403/31/2013

I'll be so happy when the gay hating str8 fraus like R45 find some other web site to bully and leave us the fuck alone.

by Anonymousreply 4603/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.