Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Snow White And The Huntsman (2012)

Half hour through and it feels like 2 hours! The usually capable Charlize is an over acting bore here and Kristen Stewart - has there EVER been such a ruthlessly unattractive, untalented starlet come so far with so little?

When the mirror says there is one fairer than Charlize and it's Kristen "Rabbit Teeth" Stewart, the film just dies right than and there.

by Anonymousreply 5008/01/2013

I just tried watching this two nights ago and I stopped it because it was so boring. I'll resume it just to see what happens but it's really not that interesting.

They couldn't even make Stewart's hair raven-colored.

by Anonymousreply 103/30/2013

I'm rooting for the Evil Queen.

by Anonymousreply 203/30/2013

She really does do about 80% of her acting with that lower lip, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 303/30/2013

I was too fixated on her two giant front teeth. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 403/30/2013

What a pointless and horrible movie.

by Anonymousreply 503/30/2013

Went with 3 other people to see it and we all agreed that it was ruined by Stewart. She makes fingernails on a blackboard sound like Beethoven.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

Stewart was awful and didn't fit the role at all. She was supposed to be inspirational and have a magnetic personality ...ha! She was so awkward and obviously a bad fit. Too bad, the story had promise.

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2013

OP is exactly right. The movie crumbles on the premise that we're supposed to believe Stewart is more beautiful than Charlize. Ha! I could walk into an American Eagle Outfitters and find three girls more beautiful than Kristen Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

The entire theater laughed when her horse tripped and dropped her.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2013

I was only half watching it, but the scene where she dances with the dwarf, was she supposed to clomp around like an uncoordinated oaf for some reason, or was that just the best she could manage?

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2013

I didn't think it was that bad. I thought it was visually sumptuous. You bitches need to get a life and get out of the house more often.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

The huntsman was fucking HOT.

And they're doing a sequel... without Kristen Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2013

[quote]You bitches need to get a life and get out of the house more often.

Please explain how getting out more often will make us believe a shitty movie with a charisma-free, miscast lead is quality cinema, or even mildly diverting entertainment?

We're waiting.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

The bowman is even hotter.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

Yeah Chris Hemsworth. But, from the stills I've seen, he doesn't show any skin and no tight costumes either. He's handsome, but half the fun is his body.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

When this movie came out I bought tickets and about 20 mins in, I walked out and went to the front desk to ask for my money back.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

Charlez Theron's acting is as horrible as Kristen's in this movie.

She needs to give that oscar back.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

When people mention how they got refunds, are they expecting like a go girl, you told them, that's right! Wtf? You sound like my mother.

I only saw the movie once. I didn't hate it. But didn't the dude in the mirror say something about it wasn't her looks etc that made her fairest it was something to do with the pureness etc of her heart? Not looks...

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2013

R12, because of the Stewart/Sanders scandal last summer, the sequel was gonna focus on the huntsman, but a recent report stated that Universal has authorized the sequel and Stewart is on board again to reprise her role.

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2013

R18 shut up, you fat lezzie

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2013

r13 here here!

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2013

Stewart was totally miscast as the ethereal fairy princess with some kind of "power" over magical woodland beasts and dwarves. Every time the movie tried to tell us how special and "pure of heart" she was it never worked because of Stewart. If she must continue acting, she should stick to playing punk rock baby dykes.

You almost have to wonder if they cut almost all her lines because they knew they had a disaster on their hands. She mostly just stared with her mouth open. But than that speech at the end happened...

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2013

CT was as horrible as KS in this movie.

This movie should never have been made. And they both should retire from acting

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2013

I was surprised how bad Charlize's British accent was.

All the accents were quite terrible.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2013

There was no need for this movie to be over two hours. Those first 40 minutes can easily have been whittled down.

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2013

[quote]CT was as horrible as KS in this movie.

But at least she was believable as a stunningly beautiful woman, which Stewart most certainly was not.

by Anonymousreply 2604/01/2013

The movie was not that bad. KS was just fine.

by Anonymousreply 2704/01/2013

[all posts by ham-fisted troll a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 2804/01/2013

The funniest moment of the movie (unintentional of course) was the first scene in which we saw the older Snow White. They panned to her and all I saw was a massive jaw/chin then I shook my head. Snow White is supposed to be extremely pretty isn't she? What did we get? Kristen Chin Stewart and it was such an unflattering opening scene for her.

Why were they so lazy? Young Snow White/Older Snow White did not have raven hair especially the younger version. They couldn't bring on a decent colorist? Really?

Some of the cinematography was beautiful, some of the special effects were lovely. The dwarf actors were mostly excellent but underutilized.

Charlize's accent was particularly bad, even worse than Kristen's. In fact, she slowed down the pace of her lines (very noticeable in some scenes) because she was struggling.

by Anonymousreply 2904/01/2013

The last scene is a hoot. Stewart is supposed to be communicating her unspoken love for Hemsworth with her eyes ala Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday but she just looks like she is smelling a bad fart. Which is her expression through out this bomb.Stewart must have the biggest tongue in Phoneywood cause she's (he's) one untalented homely dyke.

by Anonymousreply 3004/01/2013

Stewart was fucking the director and he couldn't figure out how to light her in a more flattering way? She looked particularly haggard in this film - under eye bags, giant teeth, massive jaw/chin.

And then we're supposed to believe she's The One, the queen of love and light, and the fairest in the land. Stewart doesn't convey either outward or inner beauty so it was a fail on all counts.

by Anonymousreply 3104/01/2013

Stewart is not believable as a human being.

by Anonymousreply 3204/01/2013

r31 "Stewart was fucking the director" Yeah, with a strap-on.

by Anonymousreply 3304/01/2013

This movie was so boring because they needed an editor badly to tighten this up. Scenes of nature just went on and on and on. The dwarves were horrible looking and scary. If they had cut out an hour of this movie, this might have been a decent movie.

by Anonymousreply 3404/01/2013

Yeah, Kristen was the main reason the movie was shit. I mean, it's so obvious that she's miscast and only hired because she is famous and supposed to draw in a bigger crowd. That kind of casting stunt pisses me off bigtime.

by Anonymousreply 3504/01/2013

Yes a truly terrible movie. I had to turn it off halfway through because I got so bored. Actually I was too bored to even turn it off, instead I just walked into another room and started working on the computer and forgot about the movie. It was the usual Hollywood drek that is completely out of touch with any reality but they think if they put it in 3D everybody will overlook how bad the movie is.

Kristen Stewart just isn't likable in anything and she's also an incredibly bad actress. I'd really like to slap her actually.

by Anonymousreply 3604/01/2013

Kristin Stewart is like Bruce Willis from The Sixth Sense...she's dead but she doesn't know it yet.

by Anonymousreply 3704/01/2013

Such a boring, unimaginative, slog of a movie. Obviously the director had no vision. The special effects were just rip offs of better, more realized films. I guess he thought he'd make an 'edgy' fairy tale by making everything look grimy and dirty.

Not only was Stewart miscast but she's so anachronistic. She absolutely does not belong in period films. Or any films really. But as a medieval princess? Everything about her was ALL wrong. The role called for an actress with real beauty, with charisma and charm. She's supposed to be a queen, the fairest in the land, preternaturally ordained, blah blah blah. But she just looked ugly and dirty and stoned.

I can't imagine what they might do with a sequel. Stewart had no chemistry with Hemsworth, so a love story is out. Maybe if they turn Snow White into an evil cunt and somebody has to kill her...

by Anonymousreply 3804/01/2013

Huge mistake to rely on CGI effects when your core acting is awful. CGI just won't cover the void.

by Anonymousreply 3904/01/2013

This movie was an obvious slight to little people and you should not watch it.

by Anonymousreply 4004/01/2013

Charlize Theron bathes in milk with her crown on. For no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 4104/01/2013

The best part of the movie for me was Prince William. Sam Claflin who played him is gorgeous:

by Anonymousreply 4204/01/2013

I find Sam Claflin so not hot. Hate that he was cast as Finnick in The Hunger Games.

by Anonymousreply 4304/02/2013

[quote] When this movie came out I bought tickets and about 20 mins in, I walked out and went to the front desk to ask for my money back.'

Link?

by Anonymousreply 4404/02/2013

You guys love to jump on band wagons. She did NOT twitch in this movie. Yes she should close her mouth, but she has a great and unique presence. She is supposed to be a warrior princess. She fits the bill. She has grit and depth. Who did you want Jennifer overrated fat Lawrence.?

Stewart's biggest problem is her externalization. She has many tics that distract, but she is far from vapid. She was beautiful in the film. Imagine Lilly Collins leading an army. No. Or Emma Watson. No. Or Amanda Seyfried. No. She offers a masculine presence, so what it's refreshing.

She would make one hell of a Joan of Arc. But I forget, Joan is too butch for you fraus. Don't worry that Devil Wears Prada sequel is underway.

by Anonymousreply 4508/01/2013

Stewart has lez voice.

by Anonymousreply 4608/01/2013

She does, but I love it when she yells or gets angry. Its harsh and better than pointy weak British voice.

by Anonymousreply 4708/01/2013

I love how sexually uncomfortable Charlize made Kristen feel during the press tour! Kristen would often just look like she wanted to either pounce on Charlize or slit her wrists, probably both though.

Charlize probably knew about the affair so she probably thought it was OK to openly flirt with "dykey" KStew.

by Anonymousreply 4808/01/2013

Charlize flirts with everyone; I don't think she knew about the affair.

by Anonymousreply 4908/01/2013

It's not hard to make Stew uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 5008/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.