Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Nose Bristle

Ever get a nose hair that is extremely long and thick?

I just pulled one out of my nose that I swear was so long that I felt it pull and some pain behind my right eye.

It must been rooted directly under my brain pan -- I swear it's about ¾" long.

Thick fucker too with a big ole root!

I'm keeping it as a trophy. I stuck it to my bathroom mirror where I can admire it for months to come.

So painful yet so satisfying …. !

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2013

OP, unless you are a pug dog, that nose hair would have to have been 2 inches long to come from the location you think it does.

by Anonymousreply 103/30/2013

You're not supposed to pluck your nose hairs because it can lead to infections that drain into your brain and cause a clot in the cavernous sinus. Trim your nose hairs instead using small beard/moustache scissors or electric trimmers.

by Anonymousreply 203/30/2013

Why?

by Anonymousreply 303/30/2013

A lot of salons reguarly do nose waxing. I don't recall any lawsuits for brain infections.

They put the wax on a q-tip type thing and pull those hairs out.

by Anonymousreply 403/30/2013

Nose waxing

by Anonymousreply 503/30/2013

R4, of course salons offer that service. They want your money and will sell you on the idea of getting rid of all your unsightly body hairs, but when has your health taken precedence over profits? Brain infections from nose waxing may be extremely rare occurances, becauses people will likely see their doctor before an infection spreads that far. And if your salon maintains good sanitary practices, then you shouldn't have a problem (although that risk is still there). But the OP was talking about yanking them out himself, which is never a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 603/30/2013

If you don't thin the forest nose hairs in your nose when you're middle aged, you tend to have audible breathing from the hairs.

Also, I once had an inside my nose zit and it was very painful.

It was an infected nose hair.

I pulled the hair, the pus came out, i blew my nose, and the issue was over.

Disgusting, to be sure, but over.

by Anonymousreply 703/30/2013

OP, it sounds like that hair pulled out several key brain cells with it.

by Anonymousreply 803/30/2013

I have one like that, OP. It's much thicker than the rest, and at the point when I notice it, pulling it out seems more effective than cutting it.

by Anonymousreply 903/30/2013

R8 just roots around in her nose with an ice pick and needle nose pliers.

Her nostrils face outward so this is easy for her to do.

by Anonymousreply 1003/30/2013

I pluck a lot. I also trim. I don't want any visible nose hair.

Ick.

I had a boss for a while that had nose hairs so long that they hung out his nostrils and actually touched his upper lip! And I don't just mean one or two, but LOTS. It was highly repugnant. I thought about anonymously leaving some nose-hair trimmers on his desk one morning, but I just knew with my luck I'd get caught.

by Anonymousreply 1103/30/2013

Just buy a trimmer, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1203/30/2013

I once had a nose pimple, a little tiny thing at the opening of the nostril. When I squeezed it the thick sludge just kept coming and coming, I've no idea from where there was so much of it.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

Gray nose hairs are cute too.

Just FYI.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

I have a hair growing on my nose. Why?

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

I had a friend who used to call his boss NoseBear to his face due to the long hairs growing out of his nose--not out of his nostrils, but out of his nose itself.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

r16

I had a neighbor whose nose grew hair on the outside. Bizarre looking.

Once I noticed them, every time I talked with him in person, I couldn't look into his eyes, instead I looked at his nose hairs.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

That was a tusk, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2013

what is a good brand of trimmer for ear and nose hair?

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2013

The worst is an ingrown nose hair. That hurts like no other.

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2013

My father has enormous nose hairs. I cry myself asleep thinking I will too someday. I gave him a nose hair trimmer and he still hasn't gotten the hint. WTF!

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2013

[quote]Once I noticed them, every time I talked with him in person, I couldn't look into his eyes, instead I looked at his nose hairs.

I knew a guy who wore a toupee and every time I saw him, I couldn't stop looking at his hairline. I'd try to concentrate on looking into his eyes, but my eyes would wander up.

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.