Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you like pizza? Why or why not?

Ever since I discovered the fake cheese in my pizza, I decided to give up on it. I'm sure when pizza was just invented, it was great. But later on as it gone through mass production. The quality really decreased.

by Anonymousreply 6112/24/2013

a slice is a satisfying snack every once in a while, but the whole ordering a whole pizza and staying in I don't get.

by Anonymousreply 103/30/2013

So order pizza with real cheese idiot.

by Anonymousreply 203/30/2013

R2, I did! You wouldn't think I'd order fake cheese on purpose, you dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 303/30/2013

I like pizza just because it's junk food - all that white bread crust and fat and salt. As such, I eat it a few times a year, and don't care too much about quality. No matter what went into it, it's still bad for me!

But for those who do care about quality, look at your local places. If you don't want mass-production pizza, maybe there's a bakery or restaurant in your town that makes pizza out of good ingredients. Give your business to them, not the chains.

by Anonymousreply 403/30/2013

I could live on Pizza alone.

by Anonymousreply 503/30/2013

I love pizza. Always have and always will.

by Anonymousreply 603/30/2013

OP, never buy pizza from a gas station.

by Anonymousreply 703/30/2013

Thanks OP for another stupid DL thread.

by Anonymousreply 803/30/2013

As long as it doesn't have food dyes, I don't care how "fake" the cheese is. Frozen pizza is a staple for me, I stock on on whatever is on sale, cheese pizzas, and then cook them with spinach spread all over them.

by Anonymousreply 903/30/2013

I ate an entire large pizza all by myself in one sitting the other week.

I felt really sick.

I'd do it again in a heart-beat.

by Anonymousreply 1003/30/2013

I eat it a lot. It's one of my ten favorite foods. It was really good in New Jersey--so good I didn't know about putting "toppings" on it until I moved to PA, where pizza is usually pretty mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 1103/30/2013

OP was sorely disappointed by his Totino's frozen pizza.

by Anonymousreply 1203/30/2013

We have pizza about three times a month, and I make my own dough and make my own pizza. "Why do you not like pizza?" as a question that is grounded in the notion that the food only comes from crappy fast-food purveyors indicated that the DL is infested with teenagers.

Again.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

I love pizza. I have it a few times a month. Sometimes a couple of times a week. Depends where I am living or working.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

I liked pizza a lot better THEN than I do NOW.

Seriously, I think chain pizza's pizzas are not as tasty as they once were.

The crust and tomato sauce both taste noticeably sweeter to me, no doubt from HFCS.

The toppings are skimpier and the crust seems oilier.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

Had it tonight

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

Pizza is kind of like sex. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. I love thin crust pizza the best. I'm also an anchovy person. Just about everyone I know hates anchovies.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

I like anchovy pizza, just no green pepper nor olives.

by Anonymousreply 1803/31/2013

I haven't had chain restaurant pizza for years. We're lucky to have a couple really tasty delivery joints nearby so we're pretty spooled.

My favorite toppings are sausage and green olives. Yum!

by Anonymousreply 1903/31/2013

I like to go for a artisan type pizZA with organyic cheeses and pest aND tapinade I like real ground up anis sausage with seeds that you bit in to I really don;t like the balls of sausdagee, more the ground up texture I also don't like to much cheese, sometimes the Jarlsbourg low fat cheese is real good on pizza , but it is hard to find because itso high end, but damn that suff is good. I remember going to Dominics pizza in Wilmongon when i was a kin, I think it was on Avalon blvd, sort of in the "hood", but they msausauge made the best sausage pizza and i always ordered the salad to go along with it, it was romaine with tons and I do mean tons of grated Parmesan cheese. I loved it so much it's been years since Ive been back to the hood, but damn I yearn for it. ....for bbq there was LOVES, not sure if it was in wilmington or compton, but damn that shit was good.

by Anonymousreply 2003/31/2013

Tonight a friend and I shared a Giordano's stuffed spinach pizza--fresh spinach and garlic, roma tomatoes,fresh mozzarella and parmesan, italian bread crust. What's not to like? Before you call us pigs, we had one slice each and froze the rest. This is a twice-a-year treat.

Rumor has it that it's an adaptation of a rustic sicilian pie, the scarciedda.

by Anonymousreply 2103/31/2013

A pizza that good, and you only had one slice?

That's fucking stupid.

Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 2203/31/2013

Probably ate it with a knife and fork.

by Anonymousreply 2303/31/2013

The only pizza that can or should be eaten with a knife and fork is deep-dish.

Anyone who eats regular pizza with a knife and fork needs to get punched in the face for being douche-bags.

by Anonymousreply 2403/31/2013

Have you ever seen a stuffed pizza? Silverware is definitely needed. One slice is easily 500 calories and is ginormous.

by Anonymousreply 2503/31/2013

Pizza actually has its roots in ancient Greece and Greeks were the people who founded Naples or Neapolis, "New City" and brought it there. I used to like all kinds of pizza, including anchovies (good with beer or wine), now that I am approaching my 60s I still like it but it doesn't always like me and I often get a bad case of indigestion when I eat pizza now. I try to think in terms of pizza being an expensive luxury food item that has alot of calories and I don't feel as unhappy about missing out on it.

by Anonymousreply 2603/31/2013

I found this thread just after finishing a slice of ham and pineapple pizza for a snack. It was the last piece left from the pizza we got for takeout for dinner Thursday night. I actually love cold, leftover pizza.

by Anonymousreply 2703/31/2013

I like my pizzas frozen

by Anonymousreply 2803/31/2013

I could live on pizza snd more or less did until I had to make dietary changes. Now when I do have it I am not going to settle for mediocre pizza. I also just order a slice instead of a whole pie and usualy eat it there, hot out of the oven.

Pizza, I miss you so!

by Anonymousreply 2903/31/2013

I like to order pizza from our local pizza restaurants instead of the chains. Trader Joes also has good frozen pizza.

by Anonymousreply 3003/31/2013

I like: love, sex, the arts, travel, pizza, and chocolate.

by Anonymousreply 3103/31/2013

R31: Have you considered walks along the beach? Sitting before a wood burning fireplace on a cool night? The sound of rain falling on a metal roof?

by Anonymousreply 3203/31/2013

Mike Piazza is hot.

by Anonymousreply 3303/31/2013

That does all sound good, R20. If I've translated correctly.

by Anonymousreply 3403/31/2013

The best pizza I have ever had was 25 years ago on the Gamla Stan.

by Anonymousreply 3503/31/2013

I like those things, too, R32. I don't like sunsets, though.

by Anonymousreply 3603/31/2013

Pizza is ok, but to me it's more like kids food, I will never say let's order a Pizza,or go out an eat and order Pizza, never!!!. You can get Pizza anytime, if I go out an eat I will order something you only may eat a few times a year like a nice Steak dinner, or Ribs,Steak and Shrimp, Pizza no way,I want adult food.

by Anonymousreply 3712/20/2013

Which pizza has fake cheese?

by Anonymousreply 3812/20/2013

I adore pizza. A place by me makes the greatest, with a thin whole wheat crust and a very lightly dressed arugula salad on top. When I was in France, they served it with prosciutto and wild mushrooms and a fried egg on top, one of the best pizzas I've ever had. It fills me up quick and I've never gorged on it so cold or reheated it is a great breakfast for the better part of a week. I don't consider it junk food in moderation. I don't like a thick crust or deep dish or stuff from Dominos, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3912/20/2013

Pizza represents all the food groups except for bourbon.

by Anonymousreply 4012/20/2013

What exactly is "fake cheese"?

by Anonymousreply 4112/20/2013

Did OP accidentally order a vegan pizza?

by Anonymousreply 4212/20/2013

Those Totino's party pizzas that you can get for a buck are great. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4312/20/2013

Frozen pizza - NEVER.

I occasionally go to a really good pizza place and have a really good pizza. The best use top quality ingredients and make their own dough.

I like Neapolitan style best cooked hot and fast.

by Anonymousreply 4412/20/2013

Love pizza. Eat it in moderation. There are a lot of types and levels of quality.

by Anonymousreply 4512/20/2013

I almost ordered a pizza last night. A large. I'd eat all but two slices. I'd finish the two slices in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 4612/20/2013

I should've probably mentioned I only have it once or twice in a two week period.

by Anonymousreply 4712/20/2013

I could eat thin crust cheese pizza for every single meal. But I like being in decent shape, so I don't.

by Anonymousreply 4812/20/2013

Yes, I like pizza! Why? Because it's delicious.

I bake homemade pizza every Saturday my partner and I are home. I use a Julia Child dough and make changes depending on if I want a thin or thick crust, or chewy or crisp. Sauce varies - spicy or sweet or fresher ingredients. And of course cheese and other toppings change to keep things interesting. It's very satisfying and tasty, but it wouldn't be the same if I used pre-made crusts or sauce.

The only pizza delivery company I like at all is Imo's in St. Louis.

(We save half for left-overs for Monday lunch.)

by Anonymousreply 4912/20/2013

How can anyone not like pizza? It's so varied, there's GOT to be one somewhere that you like.

by Anonymousreply 5012/20/2013

Fighting the urge to order as the next couple days will be so heavy with food...

I think pizza would make a great Christmas dinner. We've already had the huge turkey spread at Thanksgiving. If I had the space and big wood burning oven, my Christmas dinner would be a "make your own pizza" party.

by Anonymousreply 5112/23/2013

My mom always has pizza for Christmas dinner. It's heaven.

by Anonymousreply 5212/23/2013

Northern New Jersey is pizza heaven. So many great small places, making the traditional pies. Have never eaten a frozen pie or one from a chain like Papa John's or Dominos. NJ is often run down as NYC's poor wannabe cousin. Something we do have is a proliferation of really good and reasonably priced italian restaurants, including our pizzerias.

by Anonymousreply 5312/23/2013

What is fake cheese? Is it American processed cheese?

by Anonymousreply 5412/23/2013

I'd happily live off pizza. Thankfully my wallet says no, which is probably a good thing as I'd probably be dead by now.

by Anonymousreply 5512/23/2013

I love really good pizza and used to eat tons of it, but as my metabolism slows down and cholesterol hovers near the danger zone I've had to radically cut back my intake. It's the perfect youth food though, especially with beer.

by Anonymousreply 5612/23/2013

When I was a kid you could smell delicious pizza from a pizza place 3 blocks away. Now when the slice is right in front of you it smells and tastes like nothing. Even at real pizza places it tastes like shit because the ingredients that were used back in the day (namely real food from animals raised right) doesn't exist.

BTW, back when pizza was so great it cost 15 cents a slice, circa early to mid 1960s. It probably tasted even better in the 40s an 50s.

by Anonymousreply 5712/23/2013

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 5812/23/2013

Thin crust cheese pizza really isn't all that bad if you just have a slice or two.

by Anonymousreply 5912/23/2013

I'm surrounded by the best pizza in the world so of course I like it. L&B Di Faras, Paulie Gee's, Artichoke on 14th, Nonna's, Denino's...it's an embarrassment of riches.

Pizza kinda rocks.

by Anonymousreply 6012/23/2013

R40 has it right! I want to try bourbon and pizza together -- feta cheese and black olive with a whole wheat, thin crust.

by Anonymousreply 6112/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.