Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Can someone explain politics to me

I understand that there are two parties: the democrat and the Republicans.

I know that the Republicans represent themselves through an elephant and are greedy.

Aside from that, I know nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 5312/10/2014

You know nothing about politics.

by Anonymousreply 103/29/2013

Take everything you love about humanity. Strap a nuclear bomb to it. Detonate.

by Anonymousreply 503/29/2013

This is another post by the stupid question troll. Do not feed.

by Anonymousreply 603/29/2013

Both parties are doing a damn good job of signing the future to corporations and the ultra rich. Yet, as it stands with this lame two party system, The Democratic Party is the only hope for a successful future of the USA.

by Anonymousreply 903/29/2013

BullshitE, R8.

by Anonymousreply 1003/29/2013

We need to abolish our democratic system and appoint a king and queen of the United States.

by Anonymousreply 1103/29/2013

R11 You might want to find another place to live. America isn't the place for you.

by Anonymousreply 1203/29/2013

"I know that the Republicans represent themselves through an elephant and are greedy."

You already know more than most people.

by Anonymousreply 1503/29/2013

[quote]Examples please?

Myself, for one.

by Anonymousreply 1603/29/2013

no, don't libertarians don't know shit about politics.

by Anonymousreply 1903/30/2013

Libertarians are dangerous for democracy.

by Anonymousreply 2203/30/2013

Yes, R23, then blame the House. Because republicans would rather have people blown up in the streets, the gestapo in the bedrooms and the moneyed to have access to labor for essentially free with no responsibility than to give people the freedom to live in an environment where they can pursue and realize the American dream.

by Anonymousreply 2403/30/2013

OP, you either speak English as a second language very well or you completely failed, history, social studies and civics.

by Anonymousreply 2503/30/2013

R23, Dems are no more dangerous than Reps.

They are both evil.

R24, the Democrats do the same. Obama has authorized drones to kill US citizens, bailed out big banks and corporations, and still supports the war on drugs. How is that different than Bush?

by Anonymousreply 2603/31/2013

Here you go, OP

by Anonymousreply 2705/10/2013

They all lie.

by Anonymousreply 2805/10/2013

Did you find your answer? I hope you discovered that politics is all about lying, stealing, cheating and trying to cover it up and realized that Freedom and Liberty are the only alternative!

Start at the link.

by Anonymousreply 2905/14/2013

has this last week- the IRS, Benghazi, wiretapping the AP- given you a clue about politics? Add the FED printing trillions of dollars to bail out the banks, the wars all over the world, the growing police state...well, you get the idea.

It is evil, and dirty, and the reason our country is in the shitter.

Abolish DC, devolve ALL powers to the local level, and allow people the freedom to create, interact, trade and prosper.

THAT'S politics.

by Anonymousreply 3005/17/2013

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what.

All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.

That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what ....These are people who pay no income tax.

by Anonymousreply 3105/17/2013

OP is a good example of who is actually paying 18.00 to post here. Idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 3205/17/2013

You're on dangerous ground.

Telling people that they aren't entitled to being taken care of by the government from cradle to grave, and that wealthy people aren't wrong for moving their wealth outside the US to shield it from the IRS, and that the government doesn't have the right to murder you if they think you might commit a crime...well, this isn't your kind of place.

by Anonymousreply 3305/17/2013

star-bellied sneetches hate non-star-bellied sneetches. that is ALL you need to know,

otherwise, they are ALL liars.

by Anonymousreply 3405/17/2013

Yes, R32.

Considering the level of discourse about the IRS scandal, and the "defenses" of such criminal behavior that any person with an IQ over room temp would see through, I think the OP is actually too smart for this place.

by Anonymousreply 3505/17/2013

OP, I hope you've been following this thread you started.

Have you realized that politics is just like the mafia, but you vote for it?

Have you googled Rothbard, or Mises, or Rockwell?

That will help you understand the evil nature of killing, stealing and lying "For The Good Of The People" and why private property and liberty are what we need.

by Anonymousreply 3605/30/2013

[quote]Democrats are dangerous for democracy. They want to regulate every bit of our lives.

Meanwhile Republicans just want to regulate every bit of our private lives.

by Anonymousreply 3705/30/2013

R37, you're right.

Dems want to control our economic lives, while Reps want to control our personal lives.

Hmmmmmm, sounds like BOTH suck, and someone like Ron Paul that wants the government to leave our economic lives and personal lives alone has the right idea!!!

by Anonymousreply 3805/30/2013

Anyone who votes Republican is an uneducated dolt voting against his or her own interests -- particularly if they are LGBT, a person of color, a woman, or a member of the working or middle class.

by Anonymousreply 3905/30/2013

Mitt, what are you doing on a gay web site? Are you starting your 2016 presidential campaign early?

by Anonymousreply 4005/30/2013

Democrats shriek and type insults and obscenities when a point is made about their party that they don't like. Republicans type another point. (See Posts 2-40 and the next 500 after this one.)

by Anonymousreply 4105/30/2013

Everyone is so bitter, sheesh.

OP, here is the straight dope I got when I was younger and it still seems to hold today.

Democrats are mainly for the people or the common man. They see the world as a place where we have to help each other to not just survive but to flourish. They support things like civil rights, the environment, unions, basic health care and so on. They think the government, which is us the people are the ones who can help.

Republicans are mainly for the rich and corporations. They view the world as "every man for himself" or "pick yourself up by your own boot straps". They resent having to pay any taxes that might go to someone less fortunate than them because they see them as lazy, dependent users. They think a free market where business could do anything they want without laws will solve all the worlds problems. So they hate regulations of any kind (environmental, safety etc) and see the government as the enemy. They also love war, because they make money and show how powerful we are as a country. This is why most of the military votes Republican.

by Anonymousreply 4205/30/2013

Republicans start wars, Democrats end them.

by Anonymousreply 4305/30/2013

This thread is a dog whistle for trolls.

by Anonymousreply 4405/30/2013

R42 nailed it. If you were actually serious, OP, there's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 4505/30/2013

Republicans are racist assholes without empathy or sympathy. Democrats have the right ideas but are extremely lethargic at getting shit done, and Libertarians are elitists who think they're smarter than everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 4605/30/2013

I would like to dismantle your "argument" but it's bedtime- I have an early meeting.

Your ability to parrot the "dominant narrative" makes me sad, especially since you say "Democrats are mainly for the people or the common man" without any irony.

by Anonymousreply 4705/30/2013

Now that we know they're spying 24/7 and murdering anyone they want, do you understand politics?

by Anonymousreply 4806/09/2013

The people we elect spy, cheat, kill, destroy and steal with no fear of prosecution, as long as they support the big banks, big corporations, and the unions.

There, that explains politics.

by Anonymousreply 4908/09/2013

OP, here's a great link.

Politics= stealing.

by Anonymousreply 5008/09/2013

Democrats are evil.

Republicans are evil.

Google "Murray Rothbard" and see what freedom really means!

by Anonymousreply 5112/10/2014

There's only one party, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5212/10/2014

"I know that the Republicans represent themselves through an elephant and are greedy."

You already know far more than most.

by Anonymousreply 5312/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!