Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NPR's "Talk of the Nation" to end

But they're keeping that boring "Science Friday", with that Ira guy with the Groucho Marx voice?

They had an excellent show this week about gay marriage, people calling in with personal stories, etc. Maybe the bluehairs are protesting the positive gay content: "You keep airing that and you won't get MY money!"

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013

I like both Talk of the Nation and Science Friday.

by Anonymousreply 103/29/2013

Fuck them.

TOTN has been one of my favorite NPR programs for a long time, with several different hosts.

Neil Conan was excellent as host. So were Ray Suarez and John Hockenberry back in the early days. Ira Glass (gayvoice personified) filled in for an extended period between permanent hosts; that may have been my favorite TOTN era ever.

We don't really need another newsmagazine on NPR. A smart and surprisingly wide-ranging daily talk show with listener calls? Yes, please.

by Anonymousreply 203/29/2013

Good riddance. I can't stand ANY call-in shows because of the half-wits who get put on the air. I once thought NPR listeners would be better, but I was quickly disabused of that notion.

by Anonymousreply 303/29/2013

I am going to miss TOTN.

Why do you think NPR cancelled it?

by Anonymousreply 403/31/2013

I can't stand NPR. It's such a dull channel and I remember this stupid hipster bitch used to have that shitty station on at her desk at work ALL damn day. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.