Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think there are more cat lovers than dog lovers?

It always seem that way to me. There are less registered cats than there are registered dogs because why register your cat? I didn't register my cat.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013

There are certainly more cats being kept as pets than dogs in the US. Thats because most people who have a dog have only one, but people who have a cat have two or more.

by Anonymousreply 103/29/2013

Dogs are great, but they're way too much trouble.

by Anonymousreply 203/29/2013

My cat is a registered Democat.

by Anonymousreply 303/29/2013

I agree with R2, I love every one else's dogs to bits though

by Anonymousreply 403/29/2013

Count me in R2 and R3. We always had dogs when I was growing up, but I am a confirmed cat man. They are easier to take care of.

by Anonymousreply 503/29/2013

There are about 78.2 million pet dogs in the USA, as against 86.4 million cats, according to the Humane Society.

On the other hand, 39% of American homes have at least one dog, as against 33% for cats. I.e., people who have cats tend to have more than one.

by Anonymousreply 703/29/2013

I love them both, although dogs require more attention. Both, once you aquire or adopt one, require your committment for the entire length of their lives or you should not aquire or adopt. It is actually poignant. They are innocent captives in our homes, totally dependent on us- and inspite give us unqualified devotion and love. I take the responsibility seriously- not hard to do if you love them.

by Anonymousreply 803/29/2013

Why are most lesbians devoted dog girls?

This is just something that I have noticed, that lesbians like big to medium-size dogs. Usually male dogs.

Am I trying to read something too psychologically important about this?

by Anonymousreply 903/29/2013

R9 I have noticed that too. Some will have cats, but the ones who have dogs have big to medium sized dogs. Never small, lap dogs. Then again, most of the gay men I know who have a dog have a small, lap dog.

by Anonymousreply 1003/29/2013

Hell no! The only reason most people get cats is because they're easier to take care of.

by Anonymousreply 1103/29/2013

Female Alsatians are the best. Sweet dogs but will rip someone's head off if they threaten you.

by Anonymousreply 1203/29/2013

Before someone makes the"living in fear" comment. My alcoholic, mean spirited father made a go at my nephews with my Alsatian in the house. She ripped out his calf muscles on his right leg and left him crippled for life.

by Anonymousreply 1303/29/2013

Ha, ha!

Aww Smitty, you always cheer me up!

by Anonymousreply 1403/29/2013

That's not always true r11. Cats are wonderful pets. They're adorable and affectionate. Quirky and idiosyncratic. They take themselves seriously, but at the same time they're so goofy and silly.

Someone wrote that dogs are prose and cats are poetry. That's just sums it up. Dogs aren't complicated creatures. They're easily read. Cats are different. They have need to be loved and they do love their owners, but they show it in subtle ways.

I had a dog and he was a loving dog; but my cat, he's just sublime.

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

I love both of them! But I'd rather have cats because they're easier to take care of.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

I'm with R16. Another reason I prefer cats - they have better health than dogs, mental and physical. That's been my experience.

by Anonymousreply 1703/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!