Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

NY Controversial stop-and-frisk Cop Tells 13 Year Old To “Stop Crying Like a Little Girl"

During the second week of testimony on New York City’s controversial stop-and-frisk program, an officer admitted to detaining and then mocking a 13-year-old boy when he started crying. Though the boy was innocent, he was still cuffed and brought to the station:

Appearing on the stand Wednesday, police officer Brian Dennis testified that he had taunted a 13-year-old boy after he detained him. Dennis told the handcuffed child, Devin Almonor, to “stop crying like a little girl.” The teen was reportedly stopped on the street in Harlem when he reached into his pants’ waist band. The two officers that stopped him claimed to have been searching for a firearm, but Almonor was found to be carrying no weapons. He was nonetheless handcuffed, taunted and taken to the stationhouse.

Dennis conceded that he no longer thought the taunt was appropriate, but another officer, Jonathan Korabel, maintained the stop of the boy was a “lawful frisk.” He claimed the teen was jaywalking and started “yelling and making a scene” when officers tried to frisk him.

Almonor is hardly the NYPD’s youngest target. In December, the police were once again sued for cuffing and arresting a 7-year-old boy for stealing $5 from a classmate. Lawsuits over police misconduct cost the city $22 million in just one year.

The current case, Floyd v. City of New York, has exposed many harrowing new details about stop-and-frisk. Last week, other officers testified that they were pressured to meet quotas of 5 stop and frisks, 20 summons and 1 arrest every month. Another cop recorded his superior instructing him to specifically target “male blacks 14 to 21″ years old.

These instructions have been carried out with gusto; in 2011, the NYPD stopped young black men more times than the total number of young black men in all of New York City. Since Mayor Michael Bloomberg took office in 2002, more than 86 percent of the people stopped by the police were black or Latino. Almost 90 percent of these stops resulted in no ticket or arrest.

by Anonymousreply 4012/10/2014

Really nice, NYPD. Stop a 13 year old kid for jaywalking? When is the last time you pulled up on a middle aged white guy jaywalking in this city where everyone - I mean everyone - does it?

If you ever would stop a middle aged white guy for jaywalking, I guarantee you he would probably scream at you too; and I highly doubt you would then frisk him.

by Anonymousreply 103/29/2013

[quote]Dennis conceded that he no longer thought the taunt was appropriate,

I'm surprised that the cop didn't lie about it.

by Anonymousreply 203/29/2013

The libertarians, who oppose this shit, are retarded.

by Anonymousreply 303/30/2013

STOP ACTING LIKE A BITCH!

by Anonymousreply 403/30/2013

This asshole belongs in jail.

by Anonymousreply 503/31/2013

Yes, R5, he does.

But so does anyone who kills innocent people using drones, like Bush, or Obama.

by Anonymousreply 603/31/2013

I wonder who has a worse track-record: NYPD of LAPD?

by Anonymousreply 703/31/2013

R7-

Bush and Obama have killed- individually- more than the NYPD and LAPD have, combined.

by Anonymousreply 803/31/2013

LOL, I bet that shut the cunt up.

by Anonymousreply 903/31/2013

Thank you for pointing out on this thread that Bush and Obama--but really Obama, since you weren´t making a peep here about Bush using drones-are using drones. Clearly, nothing that anyone else is doing wrong should be addressed as long as this is happening.

by Anonymousreply 1003/31/2013

Just a remionder: Christine Quinn will continue this racist practice.

Cops also regularly pull this on Trans people and drag queens of every race.

by Anonymousreply 1103/31/2013

So sensitive

by Anonymousreply 1203/31/2013

You know that pig wanted to rape him.

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

R6 - what about terrorists who slaughter innocent men, women and children with no thought or care for race or religion?

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

R14

You mean like the US military drone pilots who murder innocent women and children everyday?

by Anonymousreply 1505/15/2013

NYPD! Keeping us safe from sensitive, crying thirteen-year olds!

by Anonymousreply 1605/15/2013

At least they didn't murder her! God, some little bitches are so entitled!

by Anonymousreply 1705/16/2013

This boy's called Devin? I think he deserves every taunt he gets. No one outside Ireland should be naming their sons that.

by Anonymousreply 1805/16/2013

Anyone else heard a "Stop and Frisk" story from a neighbor or friend?

by Anonymousreply 1905/30/2013

Even the assholes at WSJ call it racist.

by Anonymousreply 2005/30/2013

r18, are you still happy your parents named you Sissy?

by Anonymousreply 2105/30/2013

Where's the PLEASE DON'T LET THEM BE BLACK troll now huh? You fucking piece of shit. You and those cops need to be burned at the stake

And fuck you white pacifists, you dont know shit about being Black in this fucked up country

by Anonymousreply 2305/30/2013

R22-

I've been unfairly accused of racism here, but you are a fucking textbook KKK member. Fuck you.

R23

I'm a white guy, but I agree- cops are racist thugs. Maybe if we ended the war on drugs then black people wouldn't be put in jail? Did you support Ron Paul?

by Anonymousreply 2405/30/2013

For some reason, I liked this story.

by Anonymousreply 2505/30/2013

Why, R25?

Such an ambiguous post...

Is it because you want to find a way to end such a horrifying violation of civil liberty?

Is it because you realize that we've given our masters in their marble and cherry offices, making over six figures (before they "retire" and make 7figs a year "consulting) unlimited power to put anyone in jail, for any reason?

Please answer, R25

by Anonymousreply 2605/30/2013

And if you piss them off they send you to Max prison and make life hell.

The guy at the link (spending 2.5 yrs in prison) exposed how the US was using torture and arming radical Muslim terrorists.

They gave them money, intelligence and guidance to attack governments that didn't bow down sufficiently to the BIG corps (Exxon, Monsanto, Time-Warner, et.) that control the US.

by Anonymousreply 2705/30/2013

We watched NOVA last night. It was an episode about how cops identified the Boston bombers. The episode showed that NY has the most connected CCTV system in the world. The TV room looked like it was out of a science fiction movie. You could see people everywhere. You could type in a command that you want to see people wearing red walking near a specific street and suddenly, people in red pop up on dozens of screens. It has facial recognition software that can scan very pixelated faces and match them with accuracy against photos in their database. They said they don't use drivers licenses but you know they do.

It was really scary. We have no more privacy. And NewYork is ahead of every other city when it comes to depriving Americans of our civil rights.

by Anonymousreply 2805/31/2013

The NYPD are absolutely terrible to gays and blacks. And if you're both, you're shit out of luck.

by Anonymousreply 2905/31/2013

Yes, R28-

The Elite want us to be good sheep, happy with what little they give us.

Too bad they have overreached and didn't kill the internet as an infant. Now we can look at them, and expose their crimes, and hopefully (although the vast majority of morons here make me less hopeful!) overthrow them so we can decentralize our government back to the local level and end the mass murders, bribes and fraudulent media attacks that our government does in our name.

by Anonymousreply 3005/31/2013

Giuliani's legacy lives on.

by Anonymousreply 3105/31/2013

It's getting to the point where ANY violation of the law can be called terrorism if the prosecutor wants to "go hard".

by Anonymousreply 3306/29/2013

We need to worship cops and soldiers and the government!

by Anonymousreply 3412/09/2014

Seriously, how can anyone support this kind of police state bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 3512/09/2014

I hate the pigs here in NYC. I do not look at, or acknowledge them ever. They will only fuck you up, if you not beat and kill you. Remember that when tempted to be civil or friendly to them. They are CLEARLY our enemy.

by Anonymousreply 3612/10/2014

R36

Google "William Norman Grigg" and see what a gorgeous black male lawyer has to say.

He thinks Obama is a joke, just like Bush.

He knows the police are evil.

Hit him up.

by Anonymousreply 3712/10/2014

I am fascinated at how people can love and support "their government official" in spite of these evil acts of government.

How do you love an evil and corrupt government?

by Anonymousreply 3812/10/2014

Interesting to see the right-wing libertarian trolls pretending they care about racism.

by Anonymousreply 3912/10/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!