Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Freaks and Geeks

Finally got around to watching it on Netflix, and it's every bit as good as I've always read.

Any other fans? The whole cast is great but the boy who plays little brother Sam is ridiculously good.

Dish, fans, dish! Favorite characters? episodes?

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013

by Anonymousreply 103/29/2013

is it a Sitcom, OP? What's it about

by Anonymousreply 203/29/2013

Comedy/drama about high school kids in 1980. Beautifully written and acted, and much of the cast went on to fame. It aired in 1999-2000. James Franco, Jason segel, busy Phillips, Linda cardellini, Seth rogen.

by Anonymousreply 303/29/2013

I guess you'd all it a "dramedy"? This was the first series I ever bought on DVD. Love it - it's like a little "before they were famous" snapshot of Franco and Rogen (who I thought was hot, even then).

by Anonymousreply 403/29/2013

The music was integral to the show...and when they released it on DVD, they made sure to get the rights to all the songs used (which is one of the things that's held up the release of other period shows that used the music to great effect, like China Beach and Cold Case).

by Anonymousreply 503/29/2013

Linda C. is so beautiful and wonderful as Lindsay. I've never seen Busy Phillips in anything (I know) - she's also reAlly believable.

by Anonymousreply 603/29/2013

Fantastic show with great acting and writing. It really brought back that point in time. And the last scene of the last show was perfect.

by Anonymousreply 703/29/2013

Some of the period music is missing from the Netflix streaming version. I understand the economics behind that decision, but it's a shame.

Nick Andopolis sure was a creepy of my favorite scenes is when Nick's former girlfriend, Heidi, is telling Lindsay her side of their relationship and breakup, and Nick shows up.

I also liked Nick's band tryout and his "My dad's going to make me join the Army" scene in "I'm With the Band."

by Anonymousreply 803/29/2013

R7, I'm on Ep 10 or 11 so I'm not there yet, but I found a reunion clip on YouTube and Linda C said she thought the last episode was perfect.

I can't wait to see it but I kinda want to make the last few episodes last too.

One I watched last night was the kid finding out about his father's affair. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 903/29/2013

Love this show.

When it first aired on NBC, they kept changing the weekday it would air, or it would not be on for weeks if not longer. They also didn't air several of the episodes, and some episodes were shown out of order.

Some years later I got a box set of the series on DVD and over a period of a month or so watched the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 1003/29/2013

The boy who played Sam (best child actor I've ever seen) is now on Bones. (or Bones still on?)

by Anonymousreply 1103/30/2013

What the hell happened to Judd Apatow? He used to be talented. J Elvis Weinstein was involved and I loved seeing all the MST3k people pop up. The guy who played Biff in the Back to the Future movies is actually a really good actor. Too bad he got typecast.

by Anonymousreply 1203/30/2013

An article about Daniel Sheppard who played Harris Trinksy. His story made me sad

by Anonymousreply 1303/31/2013

my only complaint about the series is that the leads were all over the place, agewise, which kind of stretched credibility. Even the younger James Franco and Jason Segel were way too old for their parts, really, and Sam was like way too young --- and tiny. But a lot of the show was pretty remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 1403/31/2013

Who can forget Ben Foster was retarded Eli?

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

R7, I watched the last episode last night and you are so right. That last scene was wonderful and unexpected. And James Franco with the geeks was great too.

Next up on Netflix for me is "Undeclared." Did you watch that one?

by Anonymousreply 1604/02/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!