Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Places Closed Around You For Good Friday?

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013

My office and the NYSE

by Anonymousreply 103/28/2013

everywhere around me is closed, except for the depaneur

by Anonymousreply 203/29/2013

Everything is open in Hell's Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 303/29/2013

I don't know of any. But I'll remind people that Costco closes for Easter.

by Anonymousreply 403/29/2013

Yes, the whores currently overrunning Hells Kitchen will remain open for business Friday and all weekend.

by Anonymousreply 503/29/2013

My asshole will be closed Friday in honor of Jesus but will magically open Sunday morning!

by Anonymousreply 603/29/2013

R5 I hope it's not occupied when it closes.

by Anonymousreply 703/29/2013

The synagogue around the corner.

by Anonymousreply 803/29/2013

Nothing I know of.

by Anonymousreply 903/29/2013

Nothing, surprisingly, since the city I live in is incredibly Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 1003/29/2013

Ohhhh that explains why this morning there was no traffic and I was the only person in the usually crowded deli getting my coffee.

by Anonymousreply 1103/29/2013

My apt building's office is closed and the super is on a 2-weeks' vacation. Don't know that any of them are Catholic, just fucking lazy.

(Easter's not a National or Monday holiday, people!)

(and yes, I AM Catholic.)

by Anonymousreply 1203/29/2013

Work is closed. We close midday on the Thursday before Easter and open again on the Tuesday afterwards. I get a 2.5 day holiday whether I want it now or not but it is at least in addition to my annual leave allowance of 30 days (I'd be pissed off if I was forced use any of it for this). I think most places in England just get Good Friday and Easter Monday as the bank holidays. Scotland just gets Good Friday (they have the extra public holiday on the 2nd of January for hangover recovery).

Last Easter, I got sunburnt, this Easter it's bloody freezing (but none of the snow is lying) and it is a lot less fun.

All the shops etc. are open and will be except for Easter Sunday when, by law, all shops must be shut all day (with some possible exceptions for small, corner shops).

Easter is just a bizarre, pointless Holiday in the UK. We are almost completely secular country these days so it's all just weekend city-breaks to Europe and far, far too much chocolate. It's not like Christmas when people travel to see family or do specific stuff and yet I get more time off at Easter.

by Anonymousreply 1303/29/2013

r13, Easter is pretty much a secular holiday.

by Anonymousreply 1403/29/2013

When I was growing up, a lot of business closed from noon to 3 p.m. on Good Friday. Most of these places were mom-and-pop businesses.

Now, most retailers are chain-owned and -operated. A lot of shopping centers and malls dictate what hours stores are to remain open.

I know a lot of places close on Good Friday. Their employees take off anyway, either for religious or secular purposes. it is easier to close than to operate with a skeleton staff

by Anonymousreply 1503/31/2013

Our local Mosque.

They had to stop the arms deliveries, which I guess is a good thing, unless you have a contract to rebuild some skyscrapers.

by Anonymousreply 1603/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!