Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sandra Bernhardt on Anderson Cooper Coming Out "WHO CARES!"

She really skewers him in this interview

by Anonymousreply 41205/01/2013

perhaps it's due to her frenemy Madge presenting the award?

by Anonymousreply 103/28/2013

That clip doesn't work for me for some reason, but is he the only one she targets? The link says SB skewers the stars.

by Anonymousreply 203/28/2013

More like "I need to make headlines somehow."

by Anonymousreply 303/28/2013

R2 try this link

by Anonymousreply 403/28/2013

Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 503/28/2013

Fuck her. I found Jodie Foster's second coming out more offensive, she shouldn't have bothered saying anything if she wanted privacy. I was waiting for someone to come out at an awards speech and that was the definition of "meh".

Anderson, well maybe the GLAAD award was a bit much but he did do things for his gays on CNN and his reasoning about teen suicide(?) was heartfelt and great. Also, I don't have a problem so much with glass closets who don't do bearding.

Anderson at least hinted at it on his CNN show, when a female newscaster said something about a viewer naming a child after him or something he made it clear that everyone knew that wouldn't happen to him. Queen Latifah also did this and came out in a roundabout way, but she also spouted some bullshit before about Clooney being her ideal man. What a great showbiz in joke there Queen.

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2013

Agree with R1, R3 and definitely R6.

Sounds like Bernhardt needs attention. You don't decide when someone "should" come out. What the hell is she talking about? She says she's not defined by her sexuality and said she didn't come out and yet she's trashing AC for not coming out sooner.

by Anonymousreply 803/28/2013

She's full of herself and full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 903/28/2013

She's not attacking him at all. She's simply questioning why the media keeps making such a big deal over it. People were happy for him, but no one was shocked.

R6 Jodie Foster got ripped apart in the media for her speech. Harvey Firestein publicly took issue with it and said she was embarassing.

The same media is acting like Anderson brought peace to the middle east.

by Anonymousreply 1003/28/2013

[quote]Queen Latifah also did this and came out in a roundabout way

I totally missed that. Last June, Latifah denied that she came out during an appearance at the Long Beach Pride event. When did she come out?

by Anonymousreply 1103/28/2013

[quote]perhaps it's due to her frenemy Madge presenting the award?

Yeah, I have a feeling that's why she's pissed.

by Anonymousreply 1203/28/2013

I sort of understand her point about making a big deal out of "coming out." It shouldn't have to be that big of a deal. Gay celebs should be able to be open about their orientation and relationships without having to make some huge PR statement about it.

However, I also understand that we live in a time where making a big public "coming out" gesture is often something that has potential to affect the gay rights battle in a positive way. I sort of cringed when Lance Bass did the cover of People with the huge "Yep, I'm gay!" headline, but I can understand where he was coming from in doing it.

by Anonymousreply 1303/28/2013

I remember someone slating Jodie, I like that Harvey Firestein chimed in.

The only good thing about Foster was it was slightly unhinged and stream of consciousness, you didn't know where it would lead next. Like Dustin Hoffman at the end of Tootsie, live TV style. She clearly had difficulty saying it with all that rambling.

by Anonymousreply 1403/28/2013

Here R11, by roundabout I of course mean hinted at it which would be picked up by those in the know

by Anonymousreply 1503/28/2013

Did she whine about everyone whose come out or just Anderson, if not, it's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1603/28/2013

I don't like Sandra, but this interview is a joke- they write in the intro that she has harsh words for her friend madonna- She actually doesn't- the idiot, (whose shirt is 3 sizes too tight) throws in madonna names- she doesn't actually use Madonna as an example, but responds to the question about aging... This interview is a gay Canadian rag trying to get attention for itself

by Anonymousreply 1703/28/2013

This was one time I actually loled at a poster in the cinema. I mean please, who would buy this shit.

Nevertheless I give her credit for doing some lesbian roles, I always like when gay or otherwise actors do that.

by Anonymousreply 1803/28/2013

[quote]I found Jodie Foster's second coming out more offensive, she shouldn't have bothered saying anything if she wanted privacy. I was waiting for someone to come out at an awards speech and that was the definition of "meh".

While Foster's speech was rambling, it was the best she knew how to do. You can't say that it wasn't form the heart and that she wasn't true to herself. And she did it in front of millions of people (counting those who were watching on TV). Didn't Anderson issue a letter as a coming out? No matter how you feel about Foster's speech what she did on that stage took ten times more balls then Anderson publishing a web statement.

by Anonymousreply 2003/28/2013

Jodie didn't really say she was a lesbian at all. What's so "ballsy" about that. Most people were saying did she or didn't she? Anderson came out in an eloquent statement and left no doubt about being gay.

by Anonymousreply 2203/28/2013

I agree with her that "Girls" second season wasn't as good as the first.

by Anonymousreply 2303/28/2013

What I'm saying is, it's easier to put it in writing then stand in front of millions of people and say it; whatever the fuck you're saying.

by Anonymousreply 2403/28/2013

The thing is, whether you agree with them or not, these two people did not believe they were in the closet. Both said everyone who knows them (and I mean in the real sense not the famous sense, because some of you seem to struggle with the fact we don't actually know famous people). So coming out had a definition for them that was personal if not necessarily universally held.

Cooper for some reason decided to make a big public old school announcement (followed unluckily by the sordid little mystery of the photographs.)

Foster seemed to stumbled into a big public old school announcement, notable more for the relative incoherence (maybe she actually was hammered.)

Coming out is old school. The way to do it now is to live your life and, if you're famous, politely acknowledge your partner with a little dignity and then get right back to living your life.

These big spectacles are so 90s. Being gay isn't exactly that shocking any more. You should announce, if inclined, in that context.

by Anonymousreply 2503/28/2013

He came out months ago. This is news to her now?

by Anonymousreply 2603/28/2013

No, it just took her that long to get asked what she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 2703/28/2013

She is so long past the time when she was relevant. They might as well be asking Shecky Greene or Marty Ingels what they think about it as ask her.

by Anonymousreply 2803/28/2013

R28...I think she (Sandra) would love that statement. She is very about the generation before and to me very old school. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 2903/28/2013

How many times did the ugly bitch say 'like' and 'you know?'

by Anonymousreply 3003/28/2013

[quote]Didn't Anderson issue a letter as a coming out? No matter how you feel about Foster's speech what she did on that stage took ten times more balls then Anderson publishing a web statement.

Anderson didn't publish it. Did he actually write it or did Andrew Sullivan write it for him? Sullivan published it while Anderson Cooper fled the country. The media couldn't reach him on a yacht that was half a world away. Good planning for someone afraid to stand in the glare of TV lights and cameras and say, "I am a gay American."

Was Sullivan going to out him? Is that why AC finally left his glass closet and let Sullivan handle it for him?

That whole coming out was very strange and you can bet that there probably were a lot of behind-the-scenes deals and machinations.

It's easy to say, "He's out and that's all that matters." No, it's not all that matters. It's all part of viewing gay history to compare the coming out of people like Ellen, Anderson Cooper, Elton John, Jodie Foster, Lance Bass, Ian McKellan, and many others.

by Anonymousreply 3103/28/2013

Jodie should've said she was gay and proud like Anderson did, that's all I'm saying. She was weak and not brave.

Doesn't matter R31, those are his words and they are clear. He's out and that's all that matters.

by Anonymousreply 3203/28/2013

[quote]That whole coming out was very strange and you can bet that there probably were a lot of behind-the-scenes deals and machinations.

No, what's strange is how Foster "came out", or didn't and she's getting praised for it while AC is being criticized for actually saying he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 3303/28/2013

Sandra came across really well in the interview. She wasn't really dissing anyone. She was smart and thoughtful. AND she looks great.

by Anonymousreply 3403/28/2013

It's true - in the long run, Sandra's outflanking Madonna now, at least psychologically speaking.

by Anonymousreply 3603/28/2013

Agree with R34 (Not Sandra...bitch at R35)

by Anonymousreply 3703/28/2013

I read this as who cares ? about Sandra Bernhardt and I agreed!

by Anonymousreply 3803/28/2013

Sandra, no one gives a shit what your ugly to the tenth degree ass has to say.

by Anonymousreply 3903/28/2013

Sandra didn't really skewers Anderson, she was just commenting on how everyone else is making a big deal out of public figures coming out and that it shouldn't be such a big issue in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 4003/28/2013

[quote]Jodie should've said she was gay and proud like Anderson did, that's all I'm saying. She was weak and not brave... Doesn't matter R31, those are his words and they are clear. He's out and that's all that matters.

Heh! I knew you'd show up, R32, with your silly, tired, pathetic "He's out and that's all that matters."

1. When Anderson finally came out, he did NOT say he was gay. He did not "say" anything. He left the country when he came out. He did not broadcast from the yacht. His voice was not heard. Not even a giggle.

2. You do not know if the words in Andrew Sullivan's column attributed to Anderson, were written by Anderson Cooper or Andrew Sullivan.

It's a unique event in gay history and therefore open to research, speculation, and discussion. That's what matters, r31. Deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 4103/28/2013

[quote]You do not know if the words in Andrew Sullivan's column attributed to Anderson, were written by Anderson Cooper or Andrew Sullivan.

R41, are you seriously claiming that Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's coming out statement? Really???? What kind of crazy theory is that?

by Anonymousreply 4203/28/2013

He's out and proud that's all that matters. Deal with it.

[quote]I read this as who cares ? about Sandra Bernhardt and I agreed

Yes!

by Anonymousreply 4303/28/2013

So, Ms. Bernhardt, in one breath you say Cooper should have come out years ago, and in the next breath you say that you, Lily and others like you who are not defined by their sexuality, have never come out.

So which the fuck is it?

Should Anderson Cooper have said "I'm gay" years ago?

Or should he be like you and have never said "I'm gay"?

You can't have it both fuckin' ways, Doll!

by Anonymousreply 4403/28/2013

Bravo R44.

by Anonymousreply 4503/28/2013

Sandra's comments are ok. It's the "interviewer" that comes across as a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 4603/28/2013

[quote]are you seriously claiming that Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's coming out statement? Really???? What kind of crazy theory is that?

No, I did not claim that. Please post the exact words you see with that claim since it's not visible to others. Share your imagination.

What would be wrong with Andrew Sullivan preparing Anderson Cooper's coming out announcement for his own column? Sullivan is an excellent writer. Cooper is an excellent news reader. Are you unable to comprehend that they could work together on a project? Is it totally beyond your comprehension that AC could ask AS to "put something together for me and let me see it"?

Do you think that every speech you hear and every public statement you read was totally written by the speaker or person whose name is on it? You live in a very strange world with no speech writers and no ghost writers. Are you still in junior high?

by Anonymousreply 4703/28/2013

Could someone tell me how someone with this face gets laid?

by Anonymousreply 4803/28/2013

R44 Anderson should have talked about it years ago. But he did not have to do so by making some grand announcement, just bring it up interviews. That's what she meant.

It's funny how AC and his lunatic fans for years insisted that he did not have to come out because it was no big deal and people already knew it. Then the fans get pissed because parades aren't being thrown over his coming out. And for someone who said he never wanted to talk about his sexuality and that it was off limits, AC sure has been using it for publicity a lot lately.

You can't have it both ways either.

by Anonymousreply 4903/28/2013

Sandra is a Lesbian

by Anonymousreply 5003/28/2013

Probably the same way someone with this face and this body gets laid?

by Anonymousreply 5103/28/2013

R51 But Brendan actually has money. I can't imagine Sandra having all that much.

by Anonymousreply 5203/28/2013

Her point is we shouldn't make a big deal of someone like him to come out. It is not like it was something earth shattering.

by Anonymousreply 5303/28/2013

Well Sandra doesn't help herself there R17.

I'd have more respect for her if she just ignored any mentions of her.. I mean it was 20 years ago when they were friends. They were sort of linked by Krapallah, but all the same. She just looks really sad.

by Anonymousreply 5403/28/2013

[r52]: that speaks well for Sandra, then. She probably has more going for herself than just $$$$ to attract people.

by Anonymousreply 5503/28/2013

I know several other str guys who would get their fuck on with Sandy. No holds barred Bernhard

by Anonymousreply 5603/28/2013

Actually r31/r47, you did suggest that Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's coming statement. Let me refresh your memory here:

[quote]Anderson didn't publish it. Did he actually write it or did Andrew Sullivan write it for him?

Are you so severely schizophrenic that you forgot what you posted in earlier today?

[quote]Are you unable to comprehend that they could work together on a project? Is it totally beyond your comprehension that AC could ask AS to "put something together for me and let me see it"?

I'm unable to comprehend why you're coming up with such odd theories, R47.

by Anonymousreply 5703/28/2013

What she said about Madonna wasn't "harsh". She said different people have different ways of coping with aging and that maybe surgery wasn't the healthiest way. Which is a sentiment that has been stated on this board a myriad of times.

by Anonymousreply 5803/28/2013

R56 And they must be as ugly as her.

by Anonymousreply 5903/28/2013

Actually, R59, they're hip hop loving, fantasy football playing, buff hunks who aren't actually all that kinky. To them, at one time, Sandra was an outlaw alternative option. I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just relating an interesting experience. In reality, they'd probably chicken out and bail.

by Anonymousreply 6003/28/2013

BULLSHIT r56.

They wouldn't go anywhere near her. Her breath alone could gag a maggot.

by Anonymousreply 6103/28/2013

At the beginning she sings "Stony End" and she sounds quite good (though not great). But at the end she's singing something wordless that goes way up high and she can't do it.

She's always been overambitious as a singer.

by Anonymousreply 6203/28/2013

I kind of liked the Stony End thing, too.

by Anonymousreply 6303/28/2013

Her point is Anderson is a coward and a loser and that everyone who is fawning all over his publicity stunt disrespect the gay men and women who have been living their lives honestly and openly without being coddled by the enablers who allow Anderson to skate by because he let Andrew Sullivan write something for him.

by Anonymousreply 6403/28/2013

Her male lookalike Howard Stern has an odd thing for her. She was annoying as fuck on her Letterman appearances.

And this is how to sell a product, marketing genius at work here!

by Anonymousreply 6503/28/2013

"Anderson didn't publish it." Andrew Sullivan published it on his own blog. Again, Anderson didn't publish it. What is so difficult to understand? Did you fail 4th grade reading comprehension, r57. Just so it has a better chance of sinking in, "Anderson didn't publish it."

"Did he actually write it or did Andrew Sullivan write it for him?" This does NOT say that Andrew Sullivan wrote it. Perhaps you should go back to elementary school if your reading comprehension is so bad. Or maybe you're on drugs that have you seeing things not on the page? No way, no how, does that quote say who wrote the coming out statement. You're daft!

As far as "odd theories." It's odd that anyone is unable to comprehend that two people could work together on a project. Are you totally friendless and unable to work with anyone?

by Anonymousreply 6603/28/2013

She's probably sick of the same old stuff coming up. The interviewer didn't ask about her or her show, but brought up Cooper, Madonna (who she is probably really sick of) and Jodie. Dumb interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 6703/28/2013

Can you imagine telling your friend, "Hey! Sandra Bernhard is in town. Let's spend our hard earned money on some tickets to go see her!"

Why would people pay to see her? There is so much talk on this board about the relevance of some artists, but at least THOSE artists accomplished much more than a half dozen episodes of Roseanne. You call that a career? Really?

by Anonymousreply 6803/28/2013

[quote]the enablers who allow Anderson to skate by because he let Andrew Sullivan write something for him.

What makes you think that Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's coming out statement, r64?

by Anonymousreply 6903/28/2013

R64, she's full of shit. He came out, no "coward". What? You and her expect people to stay in the closet. He came out when he was ready, fuck her and her has been ass.

by Anonymousreply 7003/28/2013

R69, insanity makes R64 think that.

by Anonymousreply 7103/28/2013

r66, you're having quite a meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 7203/28/2013

What a voice!

by Anonymousreply 7303/28/2013

R66 is still completely unable to explain her wacky theory that Anderson Cooper didn't write his own coming out statement.

by Anonymousreply 7403/28/2013

That's because R66 is wacky, R74.

by Anonymousreply 7503/28/2013

[quote]Jodie should've said she was gay and proud like Anderson did, that's all I'm saying. She was weak and not brave.

My point is, the WAY she did it took more balls then the way he did it. He didn't, actually, SAY anything, didn't he? What he "said" appeared in a printed statement, prepared by his publicist, most likely. Anyone can be eloquent that way. Foster stood on that stage, and fucked up, yes, but she spoke in front of millions of people, live. I think that's much harder to do then to issue a statement.

Oh, and unlike Anderson, Foster is an international celebrity. Whatever she did had wider resonance than what he did.

by Anonymousreply 7603/28/2013

[quote]He didn't, actually, SAY anything, didn't he?

Should be: did he?

by Anonymousreply 7703/28/2013

R74 is too stupid to comprehend that there was NO theory that Cooper didn't write his own statement. There was a simple question asking who wrote it? And nobody knows the answer. It's typical of the angry Anderfraus to twist everything into something not on the page.

by Anonymousreply 7803/28/2013

No, she said ZERO R76. It took ZERO effort for her to stand there and say NOTHING. There was nothing but confusion by the majority of the press and public after she made that nonsense statement. It takes BALLS to say "I am gay" the way AC did regardless of it being in a written statement. He's said it MANY times since then and she has yet to clarify what she meant in her ridiculous non-coming out speech.

"International celebrity"? Please, she hasn't done anything of significance in years, her movies suck and she supports that bigoted, homophobic, sexist asshole Mel Gibson. If she's as important as you seem to think she is, that's MORE reason for her to have been absolutely clear about who she is and she FAILED big time.

by Anonymousreply 7903/28/2013

I love Sandra and don't understand why so many posters here don't. She is totally campy/cunty in a fun way. Always has been. Is it because she is a confident woman and so many gay posters here are damaged?

by Anonymousreply 8003/28/2013

[quote]What he "said" appeared in a printed statement, prepared by his publicist, most likely.

That's another possibility.

by Anonymousreply 8103/28/2013

[quote] You do not know if the words in Andrew Sullivan's column attributed to Anderson, were written by Anderson Cooper or Andrew Sullivan.

Even if one were to believe the very strange notion that Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's coming out statement, I fail to see what is r66/r78's argument here.

[quote]He didn't, actually, SAY anything, didn't he? What he "said" appeared in a printed statement, prepared by his publicist, most likely. Anyone can be eloquent that way. Foster stood on that stage

Anderson recently gave a very eloquent speech at the GLAAD awards in which he said this: [quote]I've had so many blessings in my life, and being gay is certainly one of the greatest blessings. It has allowed me to love and to be loved and to help open my head and my heart in ways I could never have predicted.

That's a lot more than Foster ever worked up the balls to say in her rambling "coming out speech", r76.

by Anonymousreply 8203/28/2013

Oh totally. If Sullivan didn't write it, it was his publicist. I'm sure it had to be vetted by several attorneys and CNN first, unless of course it was a passive aggressive move to keep his CNN job.

by Anonymousreply 8303/28/2013

Those were Anderson's words, not a publicist. Anyone who has seen his writing knows it was from him, the notion of someone else writing that most important statement is crazy and unfounded.

by Anonymousreply 8403/28/2013

Did Anderson write his GLAAD awards speech R82 or was most of it prepared and rehearsed in advance?

by Anonymousreply 8503/28/2013

Has Jodie Foster said it was a blessing to be an out and proud lesbian yet the way AC said it was a blessing to be a gay man? Anyone?? *crickets*

by Anonymousreply 8603/28/2013

Can someone explain to me the rationale behind the very strange suggestion that Anderson didn't write his coming out statement?

by Anonymousreply 8703/28/2013

Aren't most speeches prepared and rehearsed in advance, r85?

by Anonymousreply 8803/28/2013

[quote]I fail to see what is R66/R78's argument here.

Surprise! Surprise! The key words are "I fail to see." Your failure is obvious to all. Reading comprehension is beyond your ken.

by Anonymousreply 8903/28/2013

I'm sure that Andrew write the letter and Anderson's people had the option to say yay or nay. Anderson probably didn't even know anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 9003/28/2013

Jodie has never discussed her private life. To say what she did at the Golden Globes, while bizzare, was astounding. It was a very in the moment speech. She didn't have to say she was gay, given that she thanked her partner on stage. Could she have clarified better? Of course. But only a dullard would think she wasn't gay after hearing that.

It would be weird for Foster to be everywhere talking about it. That's not her style.

Because it is just a little surprising when someone who spends years saying they will never discuss their sexuality because it's private suddenly comes out. Of course, rumors of being canned at CNN and low ratings for your talk show didn't influence that decision at all. Just odd that someone would do such a 180. Hmmmm.

And Anderson mentioned his partner months after Foster publicly thanked hers. Remember that.

by Anonymousreply 9103/28/2013

R87, that's coming from lunatics who can't live unless they're finding fault with Anderson for the most illogical reasons.

by Anonymousreply 9203/28/2013

R90's people have declared her insane and she probably doesn't know anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 9303/28/2013

Remember this, it doesn't matter WHEN, R91, it matters HOW. Anderson's as private and perhaps MORE private that Jodie Foster ever dreamed of being and he got crap for not talking about who he dated and here you are defending her for doing the same thing. Stop the bullshit, Jodie is the coward here, not Anderson by any stretch of the imagination. She has NEVER said she was gay, she needs to SAY it, otherwise what's she's done is meaningless. Remember THAT.

by Anonymousreply 9403/28/2013

yes, R80

by Anonymousreply 9503/28/2013

R89, did Andrew Sullivan also write Anderson's speech at the GLAAD awards? I can't wait to hear what other wacky theory you're going to come up with next.

by Anonymousreply 9603/28/2013

No Andrew did write Anderson's speech. A litany of paid speech writers did that for him. Since he was so chummy with Mitt during the campaign, maybe he hired Romney's guys.

by Anonymousreply 9703/28/2013

[quote]did Andrew Sullivan also write Anderson's speech at the GLAAD awards? I can't wait to hear what other wacky theory you're going to come up with next.

It's obvious to all that I didn't claim that Sullivan wrote anything for Cooper. At last, I get what you're doing R96. You're just pretending to be a moron. Nobody could actually be as stupid as you pretend and actually log on to the Internet. Good show!

by Anonymousreply 9803/28/2013

Honestly, why patrol celebrities on how they come out. Both Anderson and Foster did, in the way they saw fit, and it was fine.

by Anonymousreply 9903/28/2013

Any idea what her opinion of Rebel Wilson is?

by Anonymousreply 10003/28/2013

Andrew Sullivan writes his jokes for the New Year's Eve thing with Kathy Griffin. He emails them to him.

by Anonymousreply 10103/28/2013

She has never been witty. She is a bitter, fugly, lesbian who thought she should have been some sort of devine hero. Shut the bloddy hell up bitch. Your time has been over for years.

by Anonymousreply 10203/28/2013

Who is "Rebel Wilson"? Is she related to Ned Rock n Roll?

by Anonymousreply 10303/28/2013

True R102.

by Anonymousreply 10403/28/2013

[quote]"International celebrity"? Please, she hasn't done anything of significance in years

Why would you even try to argue that, when you very well know that she is. Just to say the opposite?

You have A LOT of anger reserved for Foster. Why is that? Seriously, it's weird.

by Anonymousreply 10503/28/2013

REBEL WILSON IS A STAR

by Anonymousreply 10603/28/2013

[quote]You have A LOT of anger reserved for Foster. Why is that? Seriously, it's weird.

You know what's weird? Someone who thinks being friends with a homophobic, racist, sexist bigot like Mel Gibson is perfectly acceptable. Why shouldn't someone have anger towards an "international celebrity" who does that?

by Anonymousreply 10703/28/2013

not that shit again, r107.

by Anonymousreply 10803/28/2013

As Bernhardt couldn't keep quiet, it's clear that she cares a lot. Just being a nasty cunt who's bitter about someone getting more attention than her. A Joan Rivers dyke, but not so funny.

Anderson's sexuality is of no interest to me. Sandra's is way less.

by Anonymousreply 10903/28/2013

You must be a Gibson lover R108. SHEESH.

by Anonymousreply 11003/28/2013

Danny Glover is still Mel's friend as well, but no one jumps all over him.

Personally, I find loyalty sexy!

by Anonymousreply 11103/28/2013

Danny's a fucking fool or scared of the lunatic. Loyalty to a bigot/sexist/racist is sick.

by Anonymousreply 11203/28/2013

^^Oh, it's quite plain who the fucking, lunatic fool is^^

by Anonymousreply 11303/28/2013

Foster grew up in Hollywood. She grew up around fucked up people, that is her normal.

by Anonymousreply 11403/28/2013

Sandra didn't say anything bad. Jesus Christ, what is it with you people?

by Anonymousreply 11503/28/2013

That's what I said, r115. She is great, why do all these wierd posters "hate" her?

by Anonymousreply 11603/28/2013

If you hate Sandra, let it be for something else. Not this. This was as innocuous as one could get.

by Anonymousreply 11703/28/2013

Love Sandra...and it's Bernhard.

by Anonymousreply 11803/28/2013

It says something about her that more than thirty years after she appeared on the national scene people still can't spell her name correctly.

by Anonymousreply 11903/28/2013

I can't believe you guys are attacking Sandra and Jodie, but give that awful Anderson Cooper a pass. Jodie gave an honest, real speech. Sandra always keeps it real. Jodie and Sandra are to be respected Can't say the same thing about giggle boy and his scripted 'coming out'.

by Anonymousreply 12003/28/2013

R119 It means she hasn't been relevant since her stint on "Roseanne" ended in the early 90's.

by Anonymousreply 12103/28/2013

R120, what exactly was awful about Anderson's speech? Compared to the rambling mess that was Jodie's, his speech felt like Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 12203/29/2013

[quote]what exactly was awful about Anderson's speech?

r120 did NOT say there was anything awful about Anderson's coming out speech, r122.

Anderson did NOT make a coming out speech, r122.

by Anonymousreply 12303/29/2013

On Jodie Foster's Golden Globes "coming out":

by Anonymousreply 12403/29/2013

R123 obviously feels very strongly about Anderson Cooper's coming out.

by Anonymousreply 12503/29/2013

Can we please get back to talking about Rebel Wilson?

by Anonymousreply 12603/29/2013

Recently half of the coming outs felt like the alternative way of saying "Me, me, me!"

by Anonymousreply 12703/29/2013

R113, kindly fuck off.

R122, thank you.

[quote]Jodie gave an honest, real speech. Sandra always keeps it real. Jodie and Sandra are to be respected Can't say the same thing about giggle boy and his scripted 'coming out'.

Total bullshit. Anderson's coming out statement AND his speech at GLAAD were the true honest statements that really hit home. Jodie Foster just confused everyone and sounded like she had lost her mind. AC has done more for gay rights than she ever has and that includes actually saying he's gay, something she still can't do. And that's what you idiots are giving a pass to.

by Anonymousreply 12803/29/2013

R128, you sound like you are having a melt down due to toxic shock syndrome. Why don't you change your tampon and then fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 12903/29/2013

I agree with Sandra on Anderson

by Anonymousreply 13003/29/2013

So many posters using "lesbian" as an insult in this thread, disgusting. You fucking hateful pieces of faggot shit

by Anonymousreply 13103/29/2013

I disagree with Sandra, visibility is still very important. Btw, what did she do to her lips?

by Anonymousreply 13203/29/2013

[quote]It's obvious to all that I didn't claim that Sullivan wrote anything for Cooper.

The only thing "obvious to all" is that you get extremely defensive and keep changing your story when asked to explain yourself, R98. You first intimated that Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's coming out statement (in your own words: "Did he actually write it or did Andrew Sullivan write it for him?" and later you told me:"You do not know if the words in Andrew Sullivan's column attributed to Anderson, were written by Anderson Cooper or Andrew Sullivan"). Then when I asked what basis you have to support this very bizarre notion, you denied your initial claim, attacked me for no reason, and of course offered zero evidence to back up your theory. You can lecture me all you want on "failing 4th grade reading comprehension", but you're the one who's completely unable to explain your own nutty theories with anything resembling logical arguments. Your poor little fevered brain doesn't seem to even know what is it that you're trying to say, so when asked to account for your statements, you get all mad and lash out like an angry child.

by Anonymousreply 13303/29/2013

There you go again, R133, posting your silly claims based on your imagination. You're creating imaginative but faux "theories" from a simple question that you still fail to answer. Why won't you reply? Why so angry?

Did Anderson Cooper write his coming out message that was published by Andrew Sullivan or did Andrew Sullivan write it for him?

Why does a simple query make you so angry? "Did he actually write it or did Andrew Sullivan write it for him?" Answer the question instead of twisting it over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 13403/29/2013

Answer . the . question . R133

by Anonymousreply 13503/29/2013

Who does her fucking hair? There is no excuse Sandra NO. FUCKING. EXCUSE.

by Anonymousreply 13603/29/2013

Anderson's a fucking Republican and Jodie is more on their side than she admits.

Madonna, on the other hand, is a true champion of liberal causes. As is Sandra Bernhardt.

Granted it is not fair to compare a t.v. newsman like Cooper to artists. Artists should have more freedom and leeway, newsmen LESS because their job is the truth.

We loved Anderson in here because of his Hurricane Katrina thing. After that he showed his right wing biases and so his DL following was reduced to a few cultists.

As for Mr. Sullivan, I think he's just trying to survive by horning in on every scene and pretending he was at the center of it. But I think if he wants a true legacy that we all respect, it's something he's going to have to do in the near future, instead of bitching constantly about past battles.

by Anonymousreply 13703/29/2013

I would love to see Sandra Bernhard debate Ann Coulter

by Anonymousreply 13803/29/2013

What the hell is wrong with all of you people? My God. People are different. They're allowed to come out whenever they want and in whatever manner they choose to.

by Anonymousreply 13903/29/2013

Which is Sandra's point R139

As in Who Cares? Let's move on.

by Anonymousreply 14003/29/2013

[quote]Remember this, it doesn't matter WHEN, [R91], it matters HOW. Anderson's as private and perhaps MORE private that Jodie Foster ever dreamed of being and he got crap for not talking about who he dated and here you are defending her for doing the same thing

What?!!! Way to cherry pick the facts. Anderson had been talking about every single aspect of his life EXCEPT his bfs/sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 14103/29/2013

It's probably a testament to how come the gay community has come in terms of acceptance in the wider culture, that we now think it's okay to tear each other down any chance we get.

by Anonymousreply 14203/29/2013

1 huge difference between Jodie and Anderson.

Anderson allegedly 'wrote' a letter and then quickly hauled ass out of town.

Jodie gave her raw, emotional, game changing speech. Some loved it. Some hated it. But she didn't leave town afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 14303/29/2013

Sandra just spoke for 99% of americans. Nobody really gives a fuck that Anderson Cooper is out. He shouldn't get a pat on the head for coming out. Like she said there are a lot of really big people (bigger than he will ever be) that are out and proud. She also said he should have come out a long time ago. Diddo!

by Anonymousreply 14403/29/2013

Anderson said the magic words he is, was, and always would be gay. None of this wavering "I am a sexual person" bullshit espoused by losers like porn stars and actors.

Jody played coy and cute. Then asked for privacy. At the frigging Golden Globes! The media tore her to shreads. Deservedly.

by Anonymousreply 14503/29/2013

[quote]Sandra just spoke for 99% of americans. Nobody really gives a fuck that Anderson Cooper is out.

Most are more concerned with wishing talentless motor-mouth Sandra would STFU.

by Anonymousreply 14603/29/2013

Thank you R145 and R146.

[quote]Nobody really gives a fuck that Anderson Cooper is out.

People who think more LGBT visibility is important DO give a fuck that Anderson is out.

by Anonymousreply 14703/30/2013

Sandra herself was closeted for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 14803/30/2013

[quote]She also said he should have come out a long time ago.

Sandra is probably right on that. If a reporter is covering gay teen suicide stories while ensconced in a glass closet, he's projecting an image of gay shame. He did that for years, all the while knowing people were talking about his glass closet.

He's out, so that's what counts now. It's time to overlook the fact that he was a coward.

by Anonymousreply 14903/30/2013

Sandra is full of shit. People who say AC was a coward are full of shit. I'm sure they didn't say it about Zachary Quinto, Matt Bomer, Ellen, Wanda Sykes, Portia Di Rossi, George Takei, Ian McKellan, etc.

He's out and that's what counts now. It's time to tell the idiots who call him a coward to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 15003/30/2013

[quote]He's out and that's what counts now. It's time to tell the idiots who call him a coward to STFU.

That's right. He's no longer a coward, so focus on the fact that he's out and that's what counts now.

by Anonymousreply 15103/30/2013

If that isn't the 'who?' calling the 'huh?' black.

by Anonymousreply 15203/30/2013

I think this has to do with gender more than AC

If any woman came out, Sandra would be supportive (Jodie, Queen Latifah, etc)

If it is a man, it is like 'Who cares?'

by Anonymousreply 15303/30/2013

R151, he wasn't a coward before he came out and he's not one now. And your agenda is showing.

May I add, WHO CARES about Sandra Bernhard these days?

by Anonymousreply 15403/31/2013

[quote]Why does a simple query make you so angry? "Did he actually write it or did Andrew Sullivan write it for him?" Answer the question instead of twisting it over and over and over.

What a strange question, r134! Of course Andrew Sullivan did not write Anderson's coming out statement. To suggest otherwise is simply idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 15503/31/2013

The only reason why R134 keeps asking if Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's statement is because she's always finding faults with him. I don't see her going after any other gay celeb and coming up with unsubstantiated charges regarding the way they made their sexual orientation public. Did Ricky Martin write his "I'm a fortunate homosexual man" statement on that website, or did Andrew Sullivan ghostwrite it? Did Zachary Quint sent out that tweet in which he came out, or did he receive help from Mr Sullivan on that one too? Did Don Lemon write his own book in which he came out? Most public figures have come out in some written form or another, and yet R134 singles out out Anderson's eloquent and detailed statement to question its authorship, why? What's the logic behind this? There's none.

by Anonymousreply 15603/31/2013

R156, you are correct. That person just has something against Anderson and is always looking for a way to go after him and get others here to do the same. It's the same person with the same anti-AC agenda polluting whatever thread there is on him here - it's all very transparent and obvious and has been for months now.

by Anonymousreply 15703/31/2013

I was a Sandra fan for a long time and now I find her pretty depressing.

Show biz bottom feeder. She survives by touring her cabaret to increasingly minor venues, and her shows are about less and less. She puts herself in the public eye by ridiculing projects she "turned down" and lays claim to a history as a cultural force and sexual iconoclast that she never was.

She was interesting and offbeat and funny, but basically, she was lucky, coming up with other women in stand-up comedy, and associations with Madonna, Roseanne, and a few others. Her own comic style has been bested by Kathy Griffin, Margaret Cho (briefly), and others.

I'm sure she considers herself some glorious survivor, but she hasn't done anything interesting in many, many years.

Sandra is running on fumes.

by Anonymousreply 15803/31/2013

True R158..she's BEEN over.

by Anonymousreply 15903/31/2013

Here's a clip of Anderson and Ben leaving the Anderson Live studio on the final day of the talk show. So Ben was there with him on the last day of the show.

by Anonymousreply 16004/01/2013

R145, you are incorrect on so much.

Look, I like Anderson but the truth is that what Jodie did was much more brave then Anderson.

Fact: -she stood up in front of an INTERNATIONAL stage.

-Anderson: wrote letter

-Jodie: took Cydney to events and were always seen together

-Anderson: made Ben sit elsewhere.

-Jodie: gave a speech naming her "beautiful Cydney" which was featured on CNN and other major media.

-Anderson: never named Ben

-Jodie: on record, has her kids last name with her partner, on display. Pictured available.

-Anderson: .....

-Jodie: referred to her "partner" in an interview

-Anderson: ........... I can keep going.

The media also didn't rip her to spreads. The only one were old bitter queens that Jodie gave the middle finger to. Most straights gave her support and even those confused recognized how important it was.

Like it or not, Jodie Foster is the first out major movie star, while Anderson will continue to be bitchy about real housewives of whatever city. Guess who will be in history? You are delusional if you think Anderson was more private then Jodie. We know plenty on Anderson, what exactly do we know about Jodie except for heresay? A woman who has been on our screens for nearly 50 years, and you think Anderson was more private? Pff

by Anonymousreply 16104/01/2013

No one thinks Jodie is out. Everyone now knows AC is out because he said it and acknowledged his partner Ben. Until she says the words "I am gay"as AC did, she is still hiding in that glass closet.

AC & Ben are spending Easter vacation in Brazil again with their buddies.

"Anderson Cooper, who enjoyed the Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, returned to Brazil to spend the Easter holiday. The presenter of CNN is in Trancoso, pousada Uxuá, hosted on the square, accompanied by a friend. On the night of Sunday, Anderson was hours in the pizzeria Maritaca, drinking wine and chatting. It is worth remembering that the journalist took his homosexuality last year."

by Anonymousreply 16304/01/2013

Your pathetic r163. Keep clutching at straws. Everyone with a brain regards her as out. Even international media had her on the cover with the words lesbian and gay after the speech. Check out Italy Vanity Fair for example but you keep trying to deny it.

by Anonymousreply 16404/01/2013

I can't believe Sandra is still running around with her act.

She's almost in the same catagory as Roseanne, Joan Rivers and other has-beens. Don't they ever get tired of being bitter?

by Anonymousreply 16504/01/2013

R165 if she is not getting acting jobs, how do you expect her to make a living?

by Anonymousreply 16604/01/2013

Changing her act might help. She's been the same ol' angry-self for years now. No reenvention at all r166.

You know, even horrible actors still manage to find work.

by Anonymousreply 16704/01/2013

[quote] You know, even horrible actors still manage to find work.

There are some actors who are graduates of Julliard and RADA who can't find work

by Anonymousreply 16804/01/2013

Yeah and r168?

Unlike those graduates, Sandra has been successful at what she did for a good while but you can't keep doing the same old bitter routine forever. The fact that she must keep going and is still almost forgotten means she needs to change it up already. Look how sad Joan Rivers looks, still doing fat jokes.

by Anonymousreply 16904/01/2013

As long as people continue to pay money for Sandra to do her 'act', she will keep doing it.

When people stop paying money, then she will have to re-invent herself.

But she is still selling tickets on her 'act'

by Anonymousreply 17004/01/2013

How many tickets is she actually selling r170? Honest question because the only time I see her name or her, is connected to some tired queen interviewing her. She's not exactly mainstream anymore. How are her ticket sales?

by Anonymousreply 17104/01/2013

That interview was done after her gig at the Elgin in Toronto.

I don't know how many tickets she sold, but it must have been healthy because it wasn't cancelled due to low ticket sales.

by Anonymousreply 17204/01/2013

She has four concert gigs coming up.

So clearly people are paying money to see her and her 'act'

If they weren't then she would have to change her 'act' and re-invent herself.

by Anonymousreply 17304/01/2013

[quote]Anderson: made Ben sit elsewhere. -Jodie: gave a speech naming her "beautiful Cydney" which was featured on CNN and other major media. -Anderson: never named Ben

Your "facts" are factually wrong, R161, as you probably know. Anderson took Ben to many events and sat next to him at the Vanity Fair Oscar dinner party 3 years in a row, and more recently at the GLAAD awards. He also named Ben, thanked him and identified him as his partner during his GLAAD awards speech. But of course you know that full well.

by Anonymousreply 17404/01/2013

R164, what's really pathetic is Jodie's inability to just say the words "I Am Gay" publicly. Until she does, she is not being honest.

by Anonymousreply 17504/01/2013

R174 Ac refused to take Ben to the Daytime Emmys two years in a row, because he feared the wrath of his frau audience who watch Daytime.

by Anonymousreply 17604/01/2013

Either this is an April Fools joke or Anderson Cooper has really married his partner Benjamin. He's very secretive and it wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

by Anonymousreply 17704/01/2013

r174, Anderson thanked him AFTER, YEARS after Jodie thanked her partner. A much more heartfelt thank you then what Ben got.

And sure, he took him to SOME events. Which then made him sit how many rows back? How many parties was he photographed walking NEXT to him? Not even talking about red carpet, just event parties aka behind the scenes.

Yet she was doing this YEARS before Anderson.

Right.

Wanna counter the other facts presented at r161 cause I'll back them up.

by Anonymousreply 17804/01/2013

I'm sure it's a joke.

by Anonymousreply 17904/01/2013

Jodie is not out. Argue all you want, she has never said she was a gay woman. That is an undeniable fact.

by Anonymousreply 18004/01/2013

Of course she's out. God, don't be so ridiculous.

Can't even counter any of the points made by others. I'll give you an Undeniable Fact, to the world Jodie Foster is an out movie star.

That must bother you like crazy.

by Anonymousreply 18104/01/2013

She's not out publicly. It bothers me that you keep saying she is out in the same way that Anderson Cooper is actually out. She has NEVER said she was gay publicly. Please bring evidence of that and then I'll believe you.

by Anonymousreply 18204/01/2013

r173, well those aren't exactly major but ok.

The fact that she slams other entertainers, while not having an once of creativity is sad. How many times can she rehash the same 'act'? If they sell out, they must be small clubs.

by Anonymousreply 18304/01/2013

The media still won't call her a lesbian, right? She's not out. She has to say it.

by Anonymousreply 18404/01/2013

The Elgin is not a small club.

But my point is as long as she has a fan base that is paying money to see her 'act', she won't change.

Until people stop buying tickets, then she will change.

by Anonymousreply 18504/01/2013

Thank you R184, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 18604/01/2013

It bothers you because the world recognizes her more then Anderson.

It bothers you because Anderson wrote a letter while Jodie has been living her life for years and stood in front of millions.

It bothers you that Jodie doesn't have to live by your criteria.

It bothers you that Andy has to jump through hoops to get attention and she doesn't.

She's never hidden and has made it clear who Cydney is. Yet poor Ben has gotten a whopping 1 mention. A sad mention compaired to Cydneys.

Go ahead and counter that 'facts' post with your own. Show us how Anderson has been more out then Jodie. Show us how Anderson has lived his life without hiding. Go on. A nice neat list would be great. Try to aim for more then 2 entries.

by Anonymousreply 18704/01/2013

R179, I don't know, AC is very secretive and would pull a Janet Jackson and get married without anyone knowing. He IS on vacation in Brazil right now, he was just there in February, why go back all of a sudden? Something's up.

by Anonymousreply 18804/01/2013

Actually they have r184. She was even on the cover of Italy's Vanity Fair recently with big red letters saying LESBIAN. Other moments include write ups on news and interviews (CNN,FOX,AOL,HUFF POST etc)

If you are going to lie, make it one that can't be checked with a simple search.

by Anonymousreply 18904/01/2013

Out publicly means a public statement of being gay. Has the international star delivered that? If so why haven't you provided evidence of that moment? AC, Ellen, Ricky, Zachary, Chely, Rosie, Don, Thomas, Sam all have done that. Jodie, Queen Latifah, Robin Roberts, Kevin Spacey, Barry Manilow NEVER have. You keep arguing without providing real proof of a public statement from Jodie Foster actually saying she is gay.

by Anonymousreply 19004/01/2013

Still waiting on that grand list r190.

She's out to majority of the world. Not you, fine obviously you need a literal sense of the world.

Come on, you are so confident on how great Anderson is, I'm sure you can manage to show evidence of his outness.

Do you need help?

by Anonymousreply 19104/01/2013

No, I don't need help but you sure do if you don't know the difference between someone actually saying "I Am Gay, I always have been and always will be" as Anderson Cooper did and some non-existent public statement you insist on saying Foster gave. The majority of the world knows the difference too.

by Anonymousreply 19204/01/2013

r192 = Still can't back up your claim and Still can't counter any of that posts 'facts'

How sad, especially since majority of the world have already labled her a lesbian and accepted her speech as a coming out. Meanwhile Anderson...well as Sandra said "who cares".

Never thought I would actually agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 19304/01/2013

What an all-around unpleasant lady. Has anyone been genuinely entertained by her bitter rants for the last ten years?

She has an alcoholic quality to her rage. Does the DL have stories about her drinking too much?

by Anonymousreply 19404/01/2013

Doubt it r194 except for a few but even Joan still has her hardcore fans who never move on from that attitude.

by Anonymousreply 19504/01/2013

R193, I don't need to provide proof of AC being out. You know he is and you know what he said. You want to play games and pretend Foster is out publicly, do it by yourself but the FACT is, she has NEVER said she is gay publicly, perod.

by Anonymousreply 19604/01/2013

And yet most regard her as out. Like it or not r196, you are really on the minority side.

Not only is she out, she's more out then the man who said....HA! "said"... I mean WROTE "gay". That should tell you something. Imagine, she's more out by just living, then he ever is/was, without even having to saying it. LOVE IT.

by Anonymousreply 19704/01/2013

Jodie Foster is not out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 19804/01/2013

I've always found her really funny, even if she sometimes redid bits to some extent in her shows.

I just find her delivery very entertaining. She's usually a good interview too. She's 57 now!? God, I feel old, even if I am considerably younger than her.

by Anonymousreply 19904/01/2013

She was "edgy" for the briefest flash in a pan in 1992. Over 20 years later, and she's uglier, more bitter and completely irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 20004/01/2013

No. Jodie Foster is not out. But she never said she was so it's a mute point. SB has never said she's gay either.

by Anonymousreply 20104/01/2013

Do people really not like her anymore? Or, was opinion always split?

by Anonymousreply 20204/01/2013

It is a "mute" point alright.

by Anonymousreply 20304/01/2013

R197 sounds seriously unhinged.

And yes, most people with a brain have known for years that Jodie Foster is a lesbian, but the fact remains that she has yet to actually say "I'm gay". The only thing she actually said in that rambling speech of hers is "I'm single"! I get the joke, but she still seems too scared to utter the gay word. Compare that with Anderson who came out by unequivocally saying "I am gay, always have been and always will be", and who has subsequently repeated how happy he is of being gay on several occasions (on Letterman, on his own talk show, at the GLAAD awards, etc...), and you get the sense that AC is a lot more comfortable being publicly out than Jodie is or ever will be.

by Anonymousreply 20404/01/2013

BRAVO R204.

by Anonymousreply 20504/01/2013

Unhinged is the Anderson fangurl who can't look beyond the word gay. Jodie has been more out with actions then Anderson letter, which he wrote and ran out of the country. Big brave man.

by Anonymousreply 20604/02/2013

Jodie is not out publicly R206. You are clearly completely out of your mind - your crazy comments about AC prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 20704/02/2013

So because I think that both Anderson and Jodie are out in equal measure I'm crazy?

They both may have taken different paths but they are both out. Go out to anyone on the street and I guarantee you most will regard Jodie as out. And every point the Anderson fangurl keeps pointing out, is rebuffed by myself and others. The media regards her as out, she's been on covers now with the label of a lesbian. How is that not out? Because she didn't do the way you wish?

As far as most are concernted, Jodie and Anderson are out. Stomp your feet, but that's reality.

by Anonymousreply 20804/02/2013

As Sandra said, Jodie's been through a LOT. She's been working since she was 6 months and is having a major mid-life freak out. She's all over the place emotionally and her coming out statement was messy, personal and was ONLY to serve her as an individual and not serve a larger movement.

She's as out as she wants to be. Not as out as Ellen, not as in as Will Smith. Midway out.

There really should be a new word to describe standing in the closet with the door wide open.

You know when they take laboratory animals and bring them to the wild, then open the cage door and the animal just stays there, in the cage but with the door open?

That's Jodie. She has no idea how to be free.

by Anonymousreply 20904/02/2013

Debates clearly aren't your strong points r210

by Anonymousreply 21104/02/2013

AC is pretty irrelevant. Got his job through family connections, does fluff "journalism" and for the longest time kept his mouth shut whenever anything gay came up on his show. Typical coward.

by Anonymousreply 21204/02/2013

The fact remains that Jodie has yet to say those simple words: "I'm gay", unlike Anderson who has said it on many occasions since he came out. Clearly Jodie is not as comfortable about being openly gay as Anderson is.

by Anonymousreply 21304/02/2013

That's a laugh

Anderson comfterble being gay. He sure has shown that over the years!

by Anonymousreply 21404/02/2013

And reading isn't yours R211. Why would I debate an idiot. You are making a fool of yourself. If your not an idiot your a troll.

by Anonymousreply 21504/02/2013

Honey, if you don't know how to debate, it's best you step aside. The only thing you've done is call people names, here and other threads. The posters here aren't idiots because they disagree/agree with what you believe, only idiot is the person who can't express themselves and resort to name calling.

Either make a valid point or sit down. You are embarrassing yourself.

by Anonymousreply 21604/02/2013

Pathetic R216

by Anonymousreply 21704/02/2013

Jodie Foster is too scared to admit she is a lesbian publicly. She has done nothing for the gay community and is truly irrelevant. She's done more to support a homophobic bigot like Mel Gibson than she's ever done for gays. She is not out and never has been. Anderson has said he is gay repeatedly since he came out. He is proud of it, feels it's a blessing. Jodie thinks it's something to keep from the public. Not out.

by Anonymousreply 21804/02/2013

Notice that you anderson loons don't address the point by point r161 brought up.

And jodie has done more the Andy. The Trevor Project alone would have never gotten off the ground without her. She's never said the words but actions speak much louder then words.

R217-best representative of the Andy fanatics right there.

by Anonymousreply 21904/02/2013

Here are a few actual quotes from Anderson:

[quote]The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud

[quote]being gay is certainly one of the greatest blessings of my life, it opened my head and heart in ways that I never could have predicted."

Can someone quote anything that Jodie Foster ever said that comes close to this? I don't think so. She cannot be said to be openly gay the way Anderson is when she can't even bring herself to say the word "gay".

by Anonymousreply 22004/02/2013

R220 you are right. Jodie has never said anything remotely close to that. She is not out publicly. There is ZERO evidence of her saying she's an out and proud gay woman. Not a shred of proof anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 22204/02/2013

Show us Andersons actions regarding being gay r220. Jodie has mentioned her partner at least 3 times, including one in print interview, gave her kids her partners last name, always photographed with partner and never had her sit rows behind her. Oh and gave her a very loving big mentioned in front of millions while mentioning "their modern family" they raised. To give Anderson credit, he mentioned Ben in a invite GLADD award show. Not broacasted to millions around the world but important step for him.

Unlike Anderson, she doesn't need to over compensate for all those years like Anderson. As its just been said "actions speak louder then words". Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 22304/02/2013

r217 = doesn't know about Troll-Dar

by Anonymousreply 22404/02/2013

Seeing all the over-the-top denials regarding Sullivan writing Anderson Cooper's coming out letter seems to shift toward the reality that Sullivan surely wrote it and published it. There's no other reason for the foolish attempts at denial.

All the silly posturing by the AnderQueen at R156 about Quinto, Ricky Martin, and Don Lemon is just a bunch of garbage since none of them had their coming out arranged and published by Andrew Sullivan. The AnderQueen keeps tossing others into the mix with the hope of derailing attention from the fact that the phrasing, style, and meter of the coming out statement is pure Sullivan.

It's no surprise, especially when considering how Anderson Cooper fled overseas to hide from the media on a private yacht, while Andrew Sullivan arranged for his coming out back in the States.

by Anonymousreply 22504/02/2013

"I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age, in those very quaint days when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family and co-workers and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met. "

"“There is no way I could ever stand here without acknowledging one of the deepest loves of my life, my heroic co-parent, my ex-partner in love but righteous soul sister in life, my confessor, ski buddy, consigliere, most beloved BFF of 20 years, Cydney Bernard. Thank you, Cyd. I am so proud of our modern family."

yeah, so many people would confuse "Ex-partner in love" with something else.

by Anonymousreply 22604/02/2013

R223 is a sick fool. Anderson said the words. He is gay. Anderson SAID it. And continues to say it. Jodie Foster has never said it. She is not a publicly out and proud gay woman. She can't even SAY she is. Not out, not proud.

by Anonymousreply 22704/02/2013

R225 is a freaking lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 22804/02/2013

It really was weird for Anderson to leave the states during such an important moment r225 since he is so out and proud. I support his way of coming out since everyone has their own way but it was unusual to do that.

by Anonymousreply 22904/02/2013

Troll dar r217 seriously, then check out the Michelle Shocked thread. Wow.

Andy fangurl, see who agrees with you? No wonder these angry posters are attacking Foster, they hate lesbians, especially white ones.

Time to walk away from these freaks people.

by Anonymousreply 23004/02/2013

She has not said "I Am Gay". Not out. If it was so established by that speech that she was gay, why was there still debate about her sexuality after her speech at the Golden Globes? No debate after AC came out. If she had said she was gay, there would've been no questions about what the hell she was saying at the GG's. She is not out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 23104/02/2013

The only freak here is the one saying Jodie is out publicly. It is clear she just walked away from an insane asylum.

by Anonymousreply 23204/02/2013

Walking away and F&F on that thread. Now I understand the Anderson hate on here. That guy takes the cake.

by Anonymousreply 23304/02/2013

Don't try to attach some other shit going on in another thread to those of us who know who's out and who's not.

by Anonymousreply 23404/02/2013

R232 same as the other angry one. Great representation of the Andy fans you guys. They are truly insane.

Crap this is hilarious. Meltdown on another thread and pure anger on this one. Jodie must be doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 23504/02/2013

Yes staying in the closet and not saying she's a gay woman is exactly the right thing to do to show how proud of who you are R235.

by Anonymousreply 23604/02/2013

[quote]R225 is a freaking lunatic.

Thank you R228. That fact that it's you who is posting that accusation makes it clear to all that I'm perfectly sane since trolldar shows that the "freaking lunatic" can be seen in your mirror.

by Anonymousreply 23704/02/2013

Forget it r225/r237. Look at who is on this thread. These are very angry, in denial fanatics. They don't address any other point but keep going with the same script. '

I can't believe I actually thought a good detailed debate could happen with these people. No wonder they kept repeating the same thing over and over. Thank god for trolldar.

Sorry r234 but when one of your supporters goes to another thread and says he hates lesbians, yeah, it kinda makes their replies here, make sense. You are pretty angry yourself, probably for the same reason.

by Anonymousreply 23804/02/2013

I don't care about Jodie being white and a lesbian. She is NOT a PUBLICLY OUT lesbian. THAT is the problem here, nothing else. Anderson Cooper is out publicly, until she says she is gay publicly, she is NOT OUT PUBLICLY. End of story. The only people who are in denial are the ones who continue to insist that she is out publicly. There is no denying that Anderson Cooper is an out gay man. No denying it.

by Anonymousreply 23904/02/2013

Ok dearie, whatever you say. There, there.

by Anonymousreply 24104/02/2013

Hmm who's unhinged now?

by Anonymousreply 24204/02/2013

R241 and R242, that's who. Anyone who believes Foster is out publicly needs their unhinged head examined.

by Anonymousreply 24304/02/2013

Jodie is out for a long time now.

Anderson is recently out.

Since when is being gay a "blessing"?

by Anonymousreply 24404/02/2013

This thread has turned into a laugh riot. Thanks r243 and r217.

I'm gonna grab some coffee now. Have a good nite.

by Anonymousreply 24504/02/2013

Wow, there were a lot of crazies busy typing late last night on this thread! I still would like anyone to show me a quote by Jodie Foster in which she says "I am gay". Until you can provide such a quote, R245's arguments don't have any weight.

And yes, R225 and her insane conspiracy theory that Andrew Sullivan actually wrote Anderson's coming out statement truly show how deeply disturbed the AC haters are. No matter how you feel about Anderson, that theory makes absolutely no sense and is clearly the fruit of a seriously troubled mind.

by Anonymousreply 24604/02/2013

[quote]insane conspiracy theory that Andrew Sullivan actually wrote Anderson's coming out statement

The fact that the coming out letter was published by Andrew Sullivan and matches Sullivan's style of writing is exactly what points to Sullivan as being the author. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can clearly connect the writing, writing style, and Sullivan's publishing.

Having Sullivan write and publish the letter also mirrors Cooper's cowardice where he hid Ben in the back row at numerous events in the past few years. Add in, Cooper's cowardice in remaining in the glass closet for so many years and you're looking in the right direction. Cooper's action in fleeing the country while the coming out statement was being published by Sullivan, clearly adds more undeniable fact to the suspicion that Cooper didn't write his own coming out letter.

What's amusing is that the same people denying that Sullivan wrote the coming out letter are probably the same denial queens who claimed, for the past four or five years, that Cooper wasn't in the closet. The Sullivan-published coming out letter stamped "liar" on their merry claims and, like R246 and the nutcase at R234, it caused so much trauma to their years of denial that they simply can't deal with reality. Their vehement denials in this case indicates that they're still losers.

by Anonymousreply 24704/02/2013

How exactly does Anderson's coming out letter matches Andrew Sullivan's style of writing, r247? What makes you believe that it points to Andrew being its true author? Where is your proof? Show me some samples of Sullivan's writing style and demonstrate how they match Anderson's letter please. If "anyone with a modicum of intelligence can clearly connect the writing, writing style, and Sullivan's publishing" as you claim, then how come absolutely no one but you has ever suggested that Anderson might not have written it? Do you really think no one would have picked up on this if it was as obvious as you claim?

I think anyone with a modicum of intelligence reading your post can clearly see that you're one of those wacky conspiracy theorists who are always trying to convince everyone else that the moon landing was staged or that 9/11 was an inside job.

by Anonymousreply 24804/02/2013

Thank you R248. If Anderson's letter was so obviously written by Sullivan, how come Gawker, Queerty, etc... aren't all over this? Maybe r247 should contact them and share her valuable insight with them? No doubt she'll have no problem convincing them of the infallible truth of her scoop since "Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can clearly connect the writing, writing style, and Sullivan's publishing"!

by Anonymousreply 24904/02/2013

Exactly R249 and thank you R248 for providing logic and reason. If something fraudulent happened AC would've been ripped to shreds. Stop lying you stupid AC haters, you sound like fools.

by Anonymousreply 25004/02/2013

The reason why our clever detective @r247 is the only person in the entire world who has unmasked the mystery of the true author behind AC's coming out statement is because she's smarter than everyone else, of course! My, she deserves a Pulitzer prize for her efforts.

by Anonymousreply 25104/02/2013

I love R161, because we totally agree on this.

by Anonymousreply 25204/02/2013

Correction r252: you love R161 because you wrote that comment yourself. No one in their right mind would agree with such a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 25304/02/2013

Watch out r252, the Anderson loon is back. Do not engage.

by Anonymousreply 25404/02/2013

No, that's not me. I checked this thread for the first time since I last posted (R105 on 3.28). There is more than one person disagreeing with you. Imagine that?

But you can think whatever you want. I could not care less.

by Anonymousreply 25504/02/2013

Be that as it may R255, do you also believe that Andrew Sullivan actually wrote AC's coming out letter?

by Anonymousreply 25604/02/2013

Poor Dearie

First AC's daytime show is cancelled, NBC denies speaking to Mr. Cooper about the Today Show gig and now CNN moves one of his AC360 airings to a much later time slot. Why is this guy having such bad karma? Is he a bad person?

by Anonymousreply 25704/02/2013

[quote]how come absolutely no one but you has ever suggested that Anderson might not have written it?

Sorry, I can't take full credit. No doubt you deeply regret the existence of the coming out letter because it ruined your "He's never been in the closet" meme.

by Anonymousreply 25804/02/2013

R258, please provide samples of Sullivan's writing that so obviously prove that he wrote Anderson's letter. We cannot wait for your proof! I smell a Pulitzer prize for your effort, dear!

by Anonymousreply 25904/03/2013

Keep stomping your little feetsies with your demands. Trolldar indicates you've been asked about a half dozen times to provide concrete proof that Anderson Cooper wrote his coming out letter R259. Obviously, you ignored every request.

by Anonymousreply 26004/03/2013

You're the one who made up the charge that Andrew Sullivan wrote AC's letter R260, therefore the burden of proof is on you. Do you really think that you can just come up with wacky theories and not expect anyone to ask you to back up your claim with evidence? Are you that delusional? You're the one who keeps saying that Sullivan is the true author of Anderson's coming out statement, then you're the one who has to provide concrete proofs of that assertion. Good luck with that!

by Anonymousreply 26104/03/2013

Does it really matter who wrote the letter?

I can understand the bitterness of some people, he could have come out before but in the end he did it and now he's out.

There are so many closeted "celebrities", we should focus on them.

by Anonymousreply 26204/03/2013

[quote]You're the [bold]one[/bold] who keeps saying that Sullivan is the true author of Anderson's coming out statement,

No!

by Anonymousreply 26304/03/2013

R247/r263 wrote this:

[quote]The fact that the coming out letter was published by Andrew Sullivan and matches Sullivan's style of writing is exactly what points to Sullivan as being the author. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can clearly connect the writing, writing style, and Sullivan's publishing.

This comment clearly states that Sullivan is the true author of AC's coming out letter. So now R263 is backtracking and denying that? Bitch please, you're full of shit. At least own up to your past comments and admit that you have no evidence backing up your accusations.

by Anonymousreply 26404/03/2013

I don't think R263 can offer any evidence of her claims, so of course she's now backpedaling and pretending that she never said that Andrew Sullivan wrote Anderson's letter.

by Anonymousreply 26504/03/2013

Exactly, r265. Which is why she has gone completely silent for the past couple of days. Where's her proof that Sullivan's writing style matches Anderson's letter? She got none.

by Anonymousreply 26604/04/2013

Her anger and superior attitude killed her career. And it went against the image she successfully created for herself. She is her own worst and least photogenic enemy.

by Anonymousreply 26704/04/2013

Meanwhile HLN has just confirmed they will be airing the 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards again this year.

Will AC take Ben this year after leaving him back at the Hotel two years in a row?

by Anonymousreply 26804/04/2013

AC doesn't need to go to the Daytime Emmys. He's done with daytime.

by Anonymousreply 26904/04/2013

R269 why did he go the last two years?

by Anonymousreply 27004/04/2013

Ben, the two of us need look no more.

by Anonymousreply 27104/04/2013

R271 is having a laugh but I think they're both done looking.

There was a guy named Flip who used to post dish about AC and Ben and about 2 years ago he said that AC stopped fooling around and was very much in love with Ben. He also said that AC was going to finally come out but that he'd do it in a low key way, not some "Yep, I'm Gay" magazine story for People, etc. Turns out Flip was right and that was a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 27204/04/2013

R 272 Flip is a "multiple" and so are you!

So interesting. I just found out CNN hired Donny Deutsch to co -host a new show. This is the man that agreed with Star Jones saying AC came out for the ratings. He is also very good friends with Star. His words not mine.

It's interesting how AC didn't attack Donny the way he attacked Star Jones. Is he afraid of him? And to top it off CNN replaced AC's show with Donny's.

What a slap in the face. Jeff Zucker is not playing games with the Vanderbilt. :-)

Poor AC...... The past 3 years have been really awful for him. He must be a horrible person to have so much bad karma.

by Anonymousreply 27304/05/2013

If Anderson wants some ideas on improving his night ratings, he should give Connie Chung a ring. She did much better when she had that timeslot. Of course, he has a lot of making up to do. When he's pushing "Keeping them honest" while hiding in a closet for several years, it doesn't build a lot of confidence in his honesty.

by Anonymousreply 27404/05/2013

[quote]he should give Connie Chung a ring. She did much better when she had that timeslot.

that was pre-internet take over ...everybody did better. (and wasn't Connie Chin cancelled?)

by Anonymousreply 27504/05/2013

Sorry R273, Flip pre-dates you and your stupid "multiples" accusations, the point is he was right. I'm sure you're praying your fantasies of Anderson suffering so severely are real, but no matter what happens to him, he'll still be better off than you will for the rest of your so-called life and that's no lie.

Who the fuck cares about Donnie Douche? He's a dumb as Trump and his pointless show is bombing big time. As if AC has to worry about that dickhead, gimme a break!

by Anonymousreply 27604/05/2013

[quote]but no matter what happens to him, he'll still be better off than you will for the rest of your so-called life and that's no lie.

Don't worship false idols r276

by Anonymousreply 27704/05/2013

Ben is definitely not the one and AC does not love him. AC cheats, cheats, cheats on him all the time and Ben lets him do it because he is a gold digger obsessed with AC's money. Why do you think AC has been spending so much time in Brazil? Not for work as he claims. That is just a lie. He can't stay away from all that exquisite brown meat. He sleeps and mingles with lots of men down there.

by Anonymousreply 27804/05/2013

Bullshit R278, you're just mad because all you can do is lie to make yourself feel better about AC and Ben being together. Nothing any of the Ben haters have ever said has been true and all of you know it. The only true thing is that AC and Ben have been together happily for almost five years and there's not a damn thing you can do to change it. None of the crap you post here has ever changed it and it never will. Too bad you're too crazy to just simply accept reality.

by Anonymousreply 27904/05/2013

After all these years, there can be no denial that they're a couple. Even if they have an open relationship for a little fun with someone else on the side, they're still a couple. It's obvious that they're not religious so they don't have to buy into the narrow religious confines of a marriage. They can be a couple and still have sporting activity, too.

by Anonymousreply 28004/05/2013

I'm not even sure they have sumthin' sumthin' on the side. They seem to be totally into each other alone. The only source that said they had an open relationship was in the NY Daily News and who knows if that's true. I guess it's possible that AC/Ben/Pablo/Josh/Leo could have some kind of group thing going on but it's more likely that they are all just good friends. For some reason I can't see Ben wanting to share AC with other dudes.

by Anonymousreply 28104/05/2013

[quote]Why do you think AC has been spending so much time in Brazil?

Actually r278, Ben was in Brazil with Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 28204/05/2013

Anderson was at Bedlam last night:

"alexqsmith.@borothydaker just saw @andersoncooper #springbreakforever 7 hr ago from Twitter"

by Anonymousreply 28304/07/2013

AC sometimes shows up at Eastern Bloc too, seems like he goes in the wee hours.

by Anonymousreply 28404/07/2013

The ratings are now going up on AC 360 and has finally moved ahead of MSNBC to place 2nd after O'Reilly.

by Anonymousreply 28504/07/2013

Chris Haye's show on MSNBC isn't doing so well now but it might pick up, he was expected to do better. AC's doing ok against him so far.

by Anonymousreply 28604/07/2013

AC has moved ahead of Chris Hayes

Major celebration at CNN for now being #2 at 8:00 PM!

by Anonymousreply 28704/07/2013

I don't think so R287, he's doing ok, not nothing to celebrate, perhaps you're being sarcastic?

by Anonymousreply 28804/07/2013

Pic of AC and Ben in Soho today.

by Anonymousreply 28904/07/2013

I wonder what happened to the nut who claimed that Sullivan's writing style suggested that he was the true author of AC's coming out email. She has mysteriously disappeared once people started asking her for samples of Sullivan's style proving her theory. How come I'm not even surprised by her sudden silence?

by Anonymousreply 29004/07/2013

Everyone moved on but now you bring it up again r290? Really? Are you that obsessed?

by Anonymousreply 29104/07/2013

Who cares about that stupid Fucking cunt?

by Anonymousreply 29204/07/2013

Ben looks so big in that pic, he must crush AC in bed, but apparently AC can take it.

by Anonymousreply 29304/07/2013

And let's not forget R290 that three or four others were previously accused of saying that Sully wrote Anderson's letter. When those accusations were the result of someone totally twisting things, you can't expect anyone to reply to that cray-cray. As R291 says, time to move away from your obsession. Anderson doesn't need insane fans distracting him from his plans for new ventures.

by Anonymousreply 29404/07/2013

[quote]When those accusations were the result of someone totally twisting things

How can those accusations be the result of someone twisting things, r294? Here's an actual quote from R247:

[quote]The fact that the coming out letter was published by Andrew Sullivan and matches Sullivan's style of writing is exactly what points to Sullivan as being the author. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence can clearly connect the writing, writing style, and Sullivan's publishing.

I don't think anyone can read this without naturally concluding that R247 is suggesting that Sullivan wrote AC's letter. This isn't "twisting", it's an accurate reading of R247's claim, so how can you argue otherwise? Is there any other way to interpret the comment in question? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 29504/08/2013

R295, see R133. That's going back to last month. It's no wonder people no longer want to reply to you.

by Anonymousreply 29604/08/2013

R133 and R295 are right. No one needs to reply to R296 if she agrees that Sullivan wrote AC's coming out statement. Because she is crazy if she thinks that.

by Anonymousreply 29704/09/2013

[quote]No one needs to reply to [R296] if she agrees that Sullivan wrote AC's coming out statement. Because she is crazy if she thinks that.

You're right r297. Between "That's going back to last month" and "It's no wonder people no longer want to reply to you" anyone wearing their Wonder Woman C-All glasses can read: "I truly agree that Sullivan wrote AC's coming out statement." How clever of you to discover the hidden sentence.

by Anonymousreply 29804/09/2013

Only a crazy person would suggest that Sullivan wrote Anderson's coming out letter, which is precisely what R247 did. Funny thing is, she has cowardly disappeared when asked to provide evidence of her silly theory, and has been conveniently replaced by posters eager to rescue her from having to explain herself by whining that it's time to move on. How come I'm not even surprised by this?

by Anonymousreply 29904/10/2013

It's becoming obvious that R299, while pretending to deny the Sullivan-Cooper connection, is actually doing everything possible to keep it active in everyone's mind and has been doing this for several weeks. Strangely determined that we don't forget that connection.

by Anonymousreply 30004/10/2013

R299 is right, R300 is CRAZY. Did you forget your connection to the mental ward R300, it seems you did indeed.

by Anonymousreply 30104/10/2013

You got that right R301. I love how R300 first plants the insane rumor that Andrew Sullivan wrote AC's letter, then when faced with mounting pressure to provide evidence to back up her claims, she goes silent for a while, cleans up her cookies so that she can post again pretending to be someone else who "just wants to move on". Bitch please, you may have finally figured out how to fool trolldar, but you're not fooling anyone around here!

by Anonymousreply 30204/10/2013

Anderson is #5 on Out Magazine's 50 most powerful list, but the real shocker is that Jodie Foster didn't even make it on that list. Faux News' own Shepard Smith is #8, when will he ever come out?

by Anonymousreply 30304/10/2013

R302 is totally right, of course. The angry nut who insisted that Sullivan's writing style indicated that he was the true author of AC's coming out statement is now pausing as a different person trying to change the subject by throwing back accusations. So obvious.

On another note, here's an interesting tidbit from the Hollywood Reporter:

[quote]Cooper, who lives in a converted firehouse in Greenwich Village with his partner, Benjamin Maisani, 40, says he's "incredibly excited" about his new boss, CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker.

This finally puts to rest an issue that used to be ferociously debated on DL: that Anderson and Ben live together at the firehouse. So there you go, it's now confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 30404/10/2013

Yes, Ben is officially's AC's man now that AC said it himself, if magazines/newspapers want to refer to him as Anderson's partner, they can without adding "rumored" or "alleged". AC and Ben may as well be a married couple now, but apparently they aren't quite there yet.

by Anonymousreply 30504/10/2013

So R305 does that mean AC will allow Ben to sit at the table with him at this year's Daytime Emmys?

Or will be be left at the hotel?

by Anonymousreply 30604/10/2013

They didn't go to the VF Oscar Party this year and since they have no reason to go to the Daytime Emmy's, I doubt they'll be there for your test R306. I didn't say Ben would be comfortable being in the spotlight, I said he's now officially seen as AC's partner. He still may not want to be fully "out there" since he's not the famous one in the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 30704/10/2013

[quote] since they have no reason to go to the Daytime Emmy's

Unless AC is up for some Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 30804/10/2013

AC on the subway, I guess today. Probably texting Ben.

by Anonymousreply 30904/10/2013

I doubt he will be R308.

by Anonymousreply 31004/10/2013

you never know. Nate Berkus got cancelled and he still got a nomination for Best Craft Show Host.

Even Wayne Brady. After his cancellation he still won Best Talk Show Host.

by Anonymousreply 31104/10/2013

It doesn't mean he'll go even if he gets nominated. He's probably over the talk show. Anyone could accept in the unlikely event he won something for it.

by Anonymousreply 31204/10/2013

R302 is bringing us back again to put Cooper and Sullivan in the spotlight. Can't deny what she's doing now.

by Anonymousreply 31304/10/2013

R313, the only thing I bring back is the fact that the crazy person who claimed that Sullivan wrote AC's letter conveniently disappeared once her idiotic theory was ridiculed and has yet to provide evidence supporting her claim. She can't because there is no evidence. Sullivan didn't write AC's statement, and anyone arguing otherwise is clearly delusional.

by Anonymousreply 31404/10/2013

You keep talking about "the person" but you have accused dozens. Yes, yes, yes! I know all about your latest target. Still, you have been on this same kick for weeks sending out accusations in all directions. You won't let it go. You want to cement that memory. Stop denying your motives.

by Anonymousreply 31504/10/2013

The only memory I want to cement is that the crazy AC-hating nut who's always posting on DL needs to back up her claim next time she comes up with bullshit stories, r315. You can't just state over and over that it's "obvious to all that Sullivan wrote AC's letter" and then be surprised when several posters (as I wasn't the only one who found that theory completely bonkers) take you to task for such a claim. Sorry, but that's not how it works.

I can't help but find it odd that you're so eager to criticize me while giving a total pass to the insane allegations that this person has repeatedly made on this thread. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 31604/10/2013

Thank you R314/R316. R315's insistence on going after you only proves that she's one of the nuts who agrees that Sullivan wrote AC's coming out letter, otherwise, what's her point here?

by Anonymousreply 31704/10/2013

R316 is my hero!

And R315/r317, you're so painfully obvious it's not even funny. Now go back to your padded cell, your little game isn't fooling anyone.

by Anonymousreply 31804/10/2013

R315 also posted this on the Ben thread:

[quote]Good question, [R30]. The people making up that fiction about the photos being from years ago, keep hoping that people won't consider that. Ben strayed a bit, so what does it matter? He'll do it again and Anderson will do it, too. It's part of human nature. Anderson and Ben are a couple and a little action on the side isn't going to split them.

She has an agenda and is mainly interested in putting the idea out that AC and Ben are frauds as a couple and individually.

by Anonymousreply 31904/10/2013

It's crystal clear that R317 is R315 pretending to be someone else.

by Anonymousreply 32004/10/2013

Exactly R319. She's one of those haters who have nothing positive to say about AC and Ben.

by Anonymousreply 32104/10/2013

It's crystal clear you are an idiot R320.

by Anonymousreply 32204/10/2013

Sorry, I meant r313/r315, not r317. Typing too fast!

Good catch r319. Not exactly surprising though.

by Anonymousreply 32304/10/2013

I'm just sick of people posting all sorts of nasty shit on those AC threads who completely refuse to be held accountable for their bullshit. You can't just present something insane as fact without backing it up by logic or reason, and then whine because someone dares to ask you for some kind of evidence. I love how defensive the loonies get when asked something as simple as that. Sorry crazy bitches, deal with it!

by Anonymousreply 32404/10/2013

Thank you r324. I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets frustrated with the total lack of accountability by those crazy people.

by Anonymousreply 32504/10/2013

R326, I saw the Golden Globes but I sure didn't hear Jodie Foster say she was an out and proud lesbian. Still haven't heard it.

R327, you don't really believe that do you? No, you couldn't really believe it as it is pure, unadulterated bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 32804/11/2013

Please respect my privacy. I'm not Honey Boo Boo.

by Anonymousreply 32904/11/2013

[quote]I'm just sick of people posting all sorts of nasty shit on those AC threads who completely refuse to be held accountable for their bullshit.

Nah! You love it. If things slow down, you'll find a way to get things going again. I even have suspicians as to who it is that you're really working for.

by Anonymousreply 33004/11/2013

Wow, just cruised this thread to see new pics and couldn't help to read some of the insane arguements on here. Some of you all are really crazy. Seek HELP. Many of you.

by Anonymousreply 33104/11/2013

[quote]TRUE couples who love each other don't cheat on each other.

Says the delusional spinster who's still a virgin. Dear r327, what do you know about true couples and love? Given how crazy your posts are, it sounds like you've been institutionalized for most of your life with limited Internet access (hence your occasional late night rants), so don't talk to us about things you've never experienced first hand.

[quote]AC mentioned his name only once at the end of a speech/award program he really didn't want to be at

That's still more acknowledgement that your idol Cesar ever got, you poor loon. It must really kill you that even after those "scandalous" kissing pics, Ben is not only still dating AC, but he's also the first bf that Anderson has ever publicly called his partner and thanked in a speech, and that he's now casually referred to as Mr Cooper's live-in partner in the mainstream press. Not bad for the "ultimate willy foo foo". Your Cesar-worshipping heart must be absolutely crushed by this, lol!

by Anonymousreply 33204/11/2013

[quote] it sounds like you've been institutionalized for most of your life with limited Internet access (hence your occasional late night rants)

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 33304/11/2013

The nutjobs seem to always come out in the AC threads....

by Anonymousreply 33404/11/2013

324 can ask for all the proof she wants but she's not going to get it. Ben and Anderson are a couple. Does she have to see a film of them in bed for proof?

by Anonymousreply 33504/11/2013

R324 here: I'm not asking for proof that Anderson and Ben are a couple (I'm full aware that they are and never have disputed this) r335, I'm only asking for proof that Andrew Sullivan wrote AC's coming out letter, as some crazy poster claims. My point is that if you're going to post something patently nuts and present it as fact, then you better have some evidence prepared to back up your bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 33604/11/2013

The topic of AC needs to be banned. Both sides are crazy.

by Anonymousreply 33704/11/2013

This thread is suppose to be about Sandra Bernhardt, and she is being completely left out of the conversation!

by Anonymousreply 33804/11/2013

No, only hall monitors should be banned here.

[quote]This thread is suppose to be about Sandra Bernhardt, and she is being completely left out of the conversation!

More proof of her irrelevance.

by Anonymousreply 33904/11/2013

"I'm only asking for proof that Andrew Sullivan wrote AC's coming out letter"

How much does Milky Loads pay you to keep his name on the front page of DL?

by Anonymousreply 34004/12/2013

Several people tweeted about seeing AC, Ben, Kelly and Mark in the audience for "Orphans" last night, the new play with Alec Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 34104/14/2013

Anderson gave a speech at Smith College and this was a part of it:

[quote]I could not be happier being gay. I’m incredibly proud of being gay. I wouldn’t change it for the world; it’s the greatest blessing in my life.

Yes, he kept quiet for many years about his sexuality, but now he makes the strongest, most positive statements on being gay than just about anyone in the public eye and he says it often.

by Anonymousreply 34204/15/2013

Exactly, r342. He's one of the most vocal and articulate voices out there championing the LGBT community these days. I know a lot of people on DL were highly critical of him for not coming out sooner, but even they cannot deny that he's truly been an incredibly positive role model ever since he came out, often speaking out about what a great blessing it is to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 34304/15/2013

"The fact is i'm gay always have been always will be and I couldn't be any more happy comfortable with myself and proud." How many ac nutjobs and haters could declare that publicly or would?

That was the best public outing statement in history.

by Anonymousreply 34404/15/2013

I sometimes wonder tho, what happen to AC and his ex julio? I guess with passage of time it just didn't work out? Julio obviously meant alot to AC for AC to acknowledge him in his book and lived with him for a time being. Obviously AC has moved on with Ben but I wonder what happened...

by Anonymousreply 34504/15/2013

R342 he may have kept quiet but he didn't lie, he didn't work against the glbt community he just didn't publicly talk about that part of his life because for one it was his business if he wanted to and more importantly his friends and family and coworkers knew. That's how MOST people operate. Your friends and family knows certain things and public isn't entitled to.

by Anonymousreply 34604/15/2013

R345, I guess they just drifted apart, AC was even on dates with different guys about a year after the dog show pic was taken of him and Cesar. Cesar meant something to him, but it wasn't LOVE like he has with Ben now. Someone on the Ben thread said that AC dated Mike Woods (who is black) for a year before he met Ben. I never heard anything about that, but if true, he was done with Cesar around that time too.

by Anonymousreply 34704/15/2013

R345, who is Julio?

by Anonymousreply 34804/15/2013

There was no beard or false interviews stating how much he liked women, at least.

by Anonymousreply 34904/15/2013

What about the woman he took to the Daytime Emmy Awards a few years back?

by Anonymousreply 35004/15/2013

[quote]who is Julio?

Anderson probably asks himself this often.

by Anonymousreply 35104/15/2013

True R349, he never did that, to his credit.

by Anonymousreply 35204/15/2013

R352 read R350

by Anonymousreply 35304/15/2013

Read it R353, he never bearded.

by Anonymousreply 35404/15/2013

That woman was the producer of Anderson's talk show, R350. She was never introduced to the public as his date. As R349 said, Anderson has never bearded, nor as he ever pretended to be interested in women.

by Anonymousreply 35504/15/2013

[quote] She was never introduced to the public as his date.

So why were they sitting together in the audience?

by Anonymousreply 35604/15/2013

When you see the producer and the star of a show sitting together at an award show, you automatically think that they're dating, R356?

by Anonymousreply 35704/15/2013

You have to remember, this is a frau audience watching the Daytime Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 35804/15/2013

I wouldn't engage with R356, she's been going on and on about this nutty subject for TWO YEARS and won't shut up or face reality, she just wants to keep saying the crap forever and only gets more energized when we respond. Those of us who know what's what shouldn't talk to her at all, but it's up to you.

by Anonymousreply 35904/15/2013

Anderson makes a great job of reminding his frau audience on a daily basis that he's very gay and very openly so.

by Anonymousreply 36004/15/2013

R360 not two years ago when he escorted that woman to the Daytime Emmy Awards.

At that time he said his private life was private.

by Anonymousreply 36104/15/2013

Thank you for warning me, R359. I thought R356 was confused at first, but now I see that she's just a troll.

Can someone tell me who is this Julio R345 is talking about?

by Anonymousreply 36204/15/2013

I never once heard Anderson say "I'm straight", or "I'm incredibly proud of being straight", or "being straight is a blessing", or "I love women", nor have I ever heard him acknowledge a woman as his significant other, so I don't know what R353/356/361 is talking about. I have however heard him say on numerous occasions "I'm gay, always have been, always will be", "I'm incredibly proud of being gay", "being gay is the greatest blessing in my life", and I watched him online make a public speech in which he identified Benjamin as his partner and thanked him. I guess that should clarify things a bit for those for are confused about what bearding means.

by Anonymousreply 36304/15/2013

Tell it R363!

by Anonymousreply 36404/15/2013

HA! first he refuses to say anything and now he can't shut up about how wonderful he is being gay. The man overcompensates no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 36504/15/2013

Thank you R359. That same person who keeps bringing up the Daytime Emmey seating is also the one who has spent two years reminding everyone how Ben had to sit in the back row during fashion week while Anderson was down in front. Anderson has found the love of his life and they'll always be together. Nothing will come between them.

by Anonymousreply 36604/16/2013

STFU R366, you're boring.

by Anonymousreply 36704/16/2013

R363 is 100% right.

Julio is Cesar's middle name. He did date Anderson for some time, but their relationship appears to have been less serious than some initially believed, especially when compared to the way AC has been with Ben (even before Anderson came out, he was seen with Ben much more frequently than he used to be with Cesar).

These days, Cesar doesn't seem to be keeping in touch with Anderson, which has led some to speculate that their breakup wasn't all that amicable.

by Anonymousreply 36804/16/2013

She's about 5 stereotypes in one. Everything she says and does is predictable.

by Anonymousreply 36904/16/2013

R367, not half as boring as your repeated fairytale that the pictures of Ben and his trick are from six years ago.

by Anonymousreply 37004/16/2013

STFU R370, you're BORING.

by Anonymousreply 37104/16/2013

AC at Smith College talking about coming out.

by Anonymousreply 37204/16/2013

Thanks for the link R372. Anderson really got a huge applause from the audience when he said that he couldn't be happier about being gay and that he wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

by Anonymousreply 37304/16/2013

So he's becoming what he wanted to avoid? He's becoming that "gay CNN journalist".

Wasn't his silence also because of danger? He isn't helping.

by Anonymousreply 37404/16/2013

Oh come on R374, he's already made his mark, he's not "the gay CNN journalist", he came out and that's a good thing. You actually think he should've stayed in the closet? Some people are ALWAYS complaining. It was wrong when he wasn't talking about being gay and NOW it's wrong that he IS? Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 37504/16/2013

No, I'm happy that he's as out as he wants but its riduculous that he is doing exactly what he feared.

I don't want him labled "The gay CNN Journalist" but that's exactly what he's becoming.

by Anonymousreply 37604/16/2013

Well, it's not a problem for him, IF that's what's happening and I don't think it is R376. He's very proud to be gay and I suppose if someone wants to view him that way, it's ok with him, remember, he said being gay is a "blessing". He's already established himself over the years as a fine reporter and that's how most people will continue to see him.

by Anonymousreply 37704/16/2013

That was a great moment, thank you R372 for sharing.

I really think it's idiotic to say that Anderson is becoming "the gay CNN journalist", as if being gay was his only accomplishment. He has achieved so many things in his career that I don't think he has to worry about being labeled as just that. It is true that he has become one of the most eloquent voices in the LGBT community since he came out, but that's just one more thing that can be added to all the great work he's done until now. It doesn't define him so much as it gives him another platform to challenge and educate people.

by Anonymousreply 37804/16/2013

R378 is right, it's dumb to say that Anderson is now the "gay CNN journalist". It's not like he hasn't done anything to make his mark as a reporter prior to coming out. Do you also think people label Don Lemon the "gay CNN journalist" too, r376?

by Anonymousreply 37904/17/2013

What's wrong with being the "gay CNN journalist"??? Since coming out, he's let it be known that he is very proud of being gay; it's "a blessing." He has spoken so eloquently about life as a gay man that it now defines him. Sadly, he's a failed talk-show host, and his ratings aren't anything great as a newsman, but as someone who speaks out for the gay community, he has been hitting homeruns since departing that glass closet last summer.

by Anonymousreply 38004/17/2013

He's doing fine on CNN R380, still gets top billing there on the promos and dominated the anchoring most of the day of the day in Boston yesterday on his own and on the other anchor's shows. So what if his talk show didn't work out, he's not the first one who hasn't been successful there. I still hope he tries something similar in the future.

by Anonymousreply 38104/17/2013

[quote]He has spoken so eloquently about life as a gay man that it now defines him.

Not true. Anderson has been eloquent about being gay since he came out, but to say that being gay now defines him isn't true. When people watch him reporting from Boston these days, I doubt they think, "Gee, there goes that CNN gay anchor!"

As to his failed talk show, I don't think it matters all that much in the long run. Anderson is still on CNN every night (where he enjoys the highest ratings of the entire network), and contributes regular assignments to 60 Minutes on CBS, so it's not like his career is suffering.

by Anonymousreply 38204/17/2013

[quote]When people watch him reporting from Boston these days, I doubt they think, "Gee, there goes that CNN gay anchor!"

Of course they don't. They merely think, "There goes Anderson Cooper; he's gay."

You act as if there's something wrong with being identified as one of the highest profile gays in the nation. It DOES define him and there can be no doubt that it's exactly what he wants.

Only some self-hating gay would think otherwise.

Anderson Cooper cultivates the image of being an out and proud gay man. That's who is is. That's why he agreed to accept the GLAAD award. That's why he contacted Andrew Sullivan. That's why he spoke to Michelangelo Signorile for a feature story. That's why he constantly makes gay references on his shows.

Had he felt otherwise, he would have kept silent about being gay since the day he came out. Pay attention and you'll see he hasn't kept silent about it and he'll continue to cultivate the image of being an out gay man.

by Anonymousreply 38304/17/2013

According to you r383, what's the difference between simply being openly gay (which is what I believe Anderson is) and "cultivating the image of being an out gay man"? What a strange way to look at the world you have. From such a comment, I gather that you aren't gay yourself, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 38404/23/2013

Agree with everything you posted r383. Excellent points all around.

by Anonymousreply 38504/23/2013

I agree with R384, R383 is being strange. Anderson's simply out and not "cultivating" an out "image".

by Anonymousreply 38604/23/2013

He's not simply out anymore. Every time he's outside of doing the anchoring job, it's "gay gay gay, I'm gay!". As others have said, he's doing the usual newly out thing of constantly reminding people he's gay. He's now "Anderson Cooper, gay reporter for CNN". Relax Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 38704/23/2013

Those who say AC is just the "gay" reporter now points are invalid because he always has been the "gay" reporter even though he kept quiet about that part of his life for years. Now that he spoke about it, he no longer is just a "gay" reporter because there is him, Thomas Roberts before him and Don Lemon and Shep Smith who is still in glass closet. Some of you act like there is some huge secret that he was gay when it wasn't. People knew then that he was gay because it was out there and AC never hid it. He just didn't talk about it. Relax people.

by Anonymousreply 38804/23/2013

Before he came out, people on DL called Anderson a coward. Now that he's out, he's too gay. Whatever he does, he can't seem to please anyone around here.

by Anonymousreply 38904/23/2013

I guess some people just like to whine, whine, and then whine some more.

by Anonymousreply 39004/23/2013

Thank you R389 and R390, R387 is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 39104/23/2013

The problem is that he can't claim he didn't want to be known as the "gay reporter" when he keeps going on about it now. I'll respect him more if he was more of a "I'm a reporter, who happens to be gay" instead of what he has become "the gay reporter".

For the record, I was an Anderson defender. I defended his right to keep quiet and respected his view. So don't even start with the Anderson hater thing because that doesn't apply to me.

by Anonymousreply 39204/23/2013

[quote]Some of you act like there is some huge secret that he was gay when it wasn't. People knew then that he was gay because it was out there and AC never hid it

Thank you r388. You certainly have all the facts correct. He was out so that's why he didn't have to write a coming out letter to be published by Anderew Sullivan. It wasn't needed because the people knew he was gay. There was no need for a letter to reveal he is gay. It really never happened. That letter doesn't exist.

That's R388's take on this so we're stickin' to it.

by Anonymousreply 39304/23/2013

So odd to read so many homophobes complaining about Anderson being too openly gay on a gay forum. DL is really full of nasty straight bitches.

by Anonymousreply 39404/24/2013

Mary! (R394)!

by Anonymousreply 39504/24/2013

Bravo R394! You are SO right.

R395 is an idiot. And R392 is one too and probably a hater.

by Anonymousreply 39604/24/2013

If noticing the rampant stench of homophobia that characterizes some of the comments on this thread makes me a Mary, then I'll gladly own up to being one, r395. At least it makes sense for me to be posting on a gay gossip site. You and your fundie mentality on the other hand clearly belong somewhere else, so get lost, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 39704/24/2013

It's amazing to see the stupidity of people who imagine there are complaints that AC is "too openly gay." How ignorant do you have to be to come up with an idiotic idea like that? Saying he's pushing his gayness before the public is merely an observation, NOT a complaint. The fact that he's clearly branding himself as a gay journalist is a plus for the gay community.

If I say he rode his bike on Madison Avenue on Saturday, idiots like R389, R394, R396, will twist that observation and claim I'm complianing that he rode his bike on Madison Ave. Those Twisting Sisters will follow up by telling how he has a right to ride his bike anywhere he wants.

by Anonymousreply 39804/24/2013

[quote]Saying he's pushing his gayness before the public is merely an observation

Says the homophobic cunt who likes her gays to keep quiet about their gayness. So now being openly gay means that he's "pushing his gayness before the public"???? As I said before, fundie cunts like R398 have no place on DL, so get lost.

by Anonymousreply 39904/24/2013

Yes, Twisting Sister R399, you add more twisted claims to the mix. It takes a major twist of reality to claim that "The fact that he's clearly branding himself as a gay journalist is a plus for the gay community," is homophobic.

It's important for the general public to see an increasing number of out and proud gay people like Anderson Cooper, but only a totally twisted mind like R397 would find that observation to be a sign of "homophobia."

Cooper has run the rainbow flag up a flagpole and he salutes that flag at every opportunity. It's great that he does that, but morons screaming "homophobia" at our notice of that, probably prefer that he now keep silent about being gay. They're worse than the Fundies that attack us because they're attacking from within the gay community with their sick accusations.

by Anonymousreply 40004/24/2013

I've always ignored this thread because what a silly title. Who cares what Sandra Bernhardt thinks. She's pretty much a nobody right now.

I don't go out of my way to watch AC but I did catch him this weekend because I was following the Boston bomber story. I watched his interview with the red headed female dancer who lost a foot and I thought he was absolutely charming in it. You can see why he's so popular. People respect his reporting. I've seen little negative feedback on his being gay except on the Datalounge on here. But this group of rabid anonymous anti AC trolls hardly represents any kind of reality.

He seems as popular as ever. I think he should do a segment with the red headed footless dancer as she tries to teach him how to dance.

by Anonymousreply 40104/24/2013

So a new episode how was on today and the jokes came. About attending gay pride. "I haven't been to a gay pride in ahwile. About dark meat when doing the cooking segment with Sunny Anderson. "Oh I know alittle bit about dark meat." AC has a good sense of humor, good timing.

by Anonymousreply 40204/24/2013

[quote]I've seen little negative feedback on his being gay except on the Datalounge on here. But this group of rabid anonymous anti AC trolls hardly represents any kind of reality.

Thank you R401! I totally agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 40304/24/2013

[quote]I've seen little negative feedback on his being gay except on the Datalounge on here.

Link please. Please show where people don't want him to be gay.

He's an out and proud gay man, sharing this good fortune on a regular basis. The gay community needs MORE people like this. I have not seen anyone complain that he finds being out to be a blessing. It's a major plus for gays everywhere.

Where do you see anyone saying they don't want him to be gay?

Where is anyone saying he should have stayed in the closet?

Why are you so against discussing the fact that he talks about being gay on an almost daily basis? It sounds like a big bunch of homophobia from a few trolls like 403.

by Anonymousreply 40404/24/2013

R401 has it right about everything. Anderson's interview with that woman who lost her foot in the bombing was really great and inspiring, she is pretty amazing and she was honest about being angry as well.

R402, I thought today's ACLive was really funny and a little racy. It's interesting that Anderson's rumored interest in black and Latin men is out there, Sunny even seemed to hint that she knew somthing about it and AC was not trying to hide that he loved him some "dark meat". Also, that thing about white candle wax showing up on a man' zipper was crazy. He has such a dirty mind.

by Anonymousreply 40504/24/2013

New thread? No activity here since the 24th

by Anonymousreply 40604/29/2013

The gay community has long said that there needs to be a leader who can give focus to equality like Martin Luther King did for African Americans. No doubt, Anderson Cooper is moving into that position.

by Anonymousreply 40704/29/2013

I don't think he's trying to do that R407, but he has a good reputation and is respected and liked in most places outside of Datalounge, so he's a help to the cause even if he's not really an LGBT activist.

by Anonymousreply 40804/29/2013

And I do think that he speaks very strongly and positively about being gay and proud, he says it's the "greatest blessing of his life". I don't think you could make a more positive statement than that.

by Anonymousreply 40904/29/2013

You've got to be sniffing something if you put Anderson Cooper's 45 yr old bigoted prejudice ass in the same sentence with MLK.

Bottom line he didn't publicly come out until his daytime ratings were in the shitter. He has lost a lot of his fans especially in the LGBT community. None of my friends can stand him. He has a very negative stigma that he's still carrying around.

Don't get it twisted if his fans forgave him for all the years of SILENCE he participated in while the gay community suffered his ratings would be through the roof. THEY ARE NOT. I don't even bother to watch his reTHUGitan ass anymore.

by Anonymousreply 41005/01/2013

R410 deserves an enormous "WHO CARES!" for that load of crap comment.

by Anonymousreply 41105/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.