Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ashley Judd isn't running for office because she has to focus on her family

Don't you usually need kids or a spouse to pull out that excuse?

Who is she focusing on? Mama? Wynona?

by Anonymousreply 5503/31/2013

Do you think the GOP threatened to out Wynnona?

by Anonymousreply 103/28/2013

Perhaps the GOP had nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 203/28/2013

She hired a consultant to conduct a poll. The results told her she'd be trounced.

Too bad. I like Judd.

by Anonymousreply 303/28/2013

perhaps....

by Anonymousreply 403/28/2013

Bill Clinton stopped her from running.

He's BFFs with the father of Alison Lundergan Grimes, the Kentucky secretary of state, so he ensured the Kentucky Democratic Party closed ranks around Grimes and against Judd as a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 503/28/2013

I thought she did have kids when I saw that quote. What is she going to focus on, her houseplants and pets? I like her, but that is a hilariously phony excuse.

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2013

Both her grandmother and mother both said they would campaign for McConnell AGAINST Ashley!

by Anonymousreply 703/28/2013

Then she should cut them out of her life. Her fat elders might have more money, but she must have plenty of her own. Plus it sounds like they'd write her out of their wills anyway.

by Anonymousreply 803/28/2013

[quote] Then she should cut them out of her life.

I think she has. Ever since Ashley wrote her book, tensions in the family have increased. Which led to some of the Republic women in the Judd family to say they would campaign AGAINST her.

by Anonymousreply 903/28/2013

She certainly didn't mean her pets. She left them alone with no food while she went on vacation and the dogs ate the cats.

by Anonymousreply 1003/28/2013

I'm sorry, McConnell is filth of the highest order, but what made this woman think she was in any way qualified to run for US Senate? A mediocre acting career spurred on in the first place by her famous name?

by Anonymousreply 1103/28/2013

[quote] A mediocre acting career spurred on in the first place by her famous name?

She is a two-time Emmy nominated actress.

[quote] what made this woman think she was in any way qualified to run for US Senate

global ambassador for YouthAIDS, a prevention program under Population Services International. She has been a member of their Board of Directors since 2004

In 2011, she joined the Leadership Council of the International Center for Research on Women

Other organizations Judd has been involved with include Women for Women International and Equality Now, along with other non-governmental organizations that center around bringing attention to social, educational, health, economic, cultural and financial funding of the unfortunate

Judd subsequently earned a Mid-Career Master of Public Administration degree (MC/MPA) from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.

by Anonymousreply 1203/28/2013

Diva Extraordinaire.

Quote Unquote:

I worked with her a on set as a Boom Operator. First day I meet her I come up to introduce myself and put a mic on her for a scene... her nose is buried in her cell texting away, she looks at me and raises her hands and says "I'M GRUMPY".

The next 53 days were more of the same. From her having several Costume girls fired to her not answering the door to her trailer when it was time to shoot... it was very hard to deal with.

The only saving grace was that the crew was amazing.

On day 48 nerves were frayed and we were frustrated in the Sound Department with her not being consistent with her delivery and saying "Bullshit bullshit, my line my line" during blocking and rehearsal. When we rolled we were on take 4 when I asked the Director if she wanted wild lines for this scene... That's when Ashley blew up and started yelling at me for not wiring her. So tit for tat I yelled back saying that if she knew how to do blocking and deliver her lines properly we wouldn't be in this situation. We went back and forth for a while and then I wired her and walked away.

Next day I thought I was fired but showed up anyway... nothing. Worked all day and we said nothing to each other. At the end of the day she came up and asked to speak with me. She was sweet as punch and apologized for this that the other thing. The rest of the shoot she would smile and laugh with me.

I guess if I had of yelled at her on Day 1 the shoot would have been a lot more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 1403/28/2013

weird

by Anonymousreply 1503/28/2013

People on Twitter and Facebook are all disappointed, but I always heard she was a hot box of crazy and I can't imagine her being a good candidate, whatever her level of education.

by Anonymousreply 1603/28/2013

R9 She was with her mom supporting her sister on DWTS.

by Anonymousreply 1703/28/2013

IMO she is not stable enough for public office.

She's all over the place emotionally and the last thing she needs (or her constituents need) is for her to be boxed in for the next 6 yrs in Washington.

The best way for her to leverage her background and temperament is to stay an activist and 'fight the good fight' by funding/shining a light on issues that matter to her.

She seems torn between being an unhealed diva and someone who really wants to make a difference but has too many demons to stay the course.

That mother really did a number on both those girls.

by Anonymousreply 1803/28/2013

All I know R17 is that Naomi is a registered Republican who campaigned for Sarah Palin.

by Anonymousreply 1903/28/2013

Rattle, rattle

by Anonymousreply 2103/28/2013

There have been some rather Southern Gothic seeming rumors about the Judds for many years. I think Ashley not running for office has a lot to do with the rumors.

by Anonymousreply 2203/28/2013

Maybe because she said shit like this --

"I've been raped twice, so I think I can handle Mitch McConnell."

And wrote things like this --

Apple is known for the clean lines of their products, the alluring simplicity of their designs. Dare I go so far as to suggest this signature cleanness is stained by the shit and urine of raped women's leaking fistulas?

by Anonymousreply 2303/28/2013

Told you she's mentally ill. It ain't exactly a secret!

by Anonymousreply 2403/28/2013

I read some of her book....Naomi would literally just leave her home alone while she an Wy hit the road to become successful.

by Anonymousreply 2503/28/2013

Did she just today realize she has a family? How do you all of a sudden come up with this as a reason?

by Anonymousreply 2603/28/2013

Wynonna 2016

by Anonymousreply 2703/28/2013

It's quite apparent that Ashley is a regular attendee of michfest.

by Anonymousreply 2803/28/2013

The GOP found something to threaten her with.

by Anonymousreply 2903/28/2013

She's an insufferable bitch. Basically, Ashley Judd is a smarter version of Gwyneth Paltrow even though she's cut from the same cloth. The Democrats' number one choice for running is younger, hotter, has less baggage, and has Bill Clinton's seal of approval (but not on a dress from The Gap).

by Anonymousreply 3003/28/2013

[quote]Both her grandmother and mother both said they would campaign for McConnell AGAINST Ashley!

Is there a link for this? Because I haven't read anything about that.

by Anonymousreply 3103/28/2013

Judd's inane utterances would have been a fricking gold mine to the GOP.

And, it certainly didn't help matters that all they had to do was read her blog of several yrs. Easy Peasy.

by Anonymousreply 3203/28/2013

It would have made the race about Judd, her Hollywood, liberal connections and the fact that she doesn't even live in Kentucky and NOT what an asshole Mitch McConnell is.

by Anonymousreply 3303/28/2013

r10 - I've heard the rumour that Paris Hilton's forgotten her little dogs in closets and they've starved to death, and that Jessica Biel left her dogs alone and one killed the other, but that's the first I've heard about Judd neglecting her pets.

by Anonymousreply 3403/28/2013

Wyoming 2016

by Anonymousreply 3503/28/2013

well, apparently she can't handle Mitch McConnell, who just might get primaried anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3603/28/2013

R34, are we blaming Jessica Biel because one of her dogs killed the other? How long were they left alone?

by Anonymousreply 3703/28/2013

r37 - I have no idea, or even if it's true. They were pitbulls. But yup, if it happened it's her fault for not taking proper precautions for the type of breed she chose to own. If she didn't want to deal with that, she should have gotten poodles.

by Anonymousreply 3803/28/2013

"The Democrats' number one choice for running is younger, hotter, has less baggage, and has Bill Clinton's seal of approval (but not on a dress from The Gap)."

Who? Oh, right... Some boring bitch that Mitch will easily trounce. Thanks, Bill!

by Anonymousreply 3903/28/2013

[quote]Who? Oh, right... Some boring bitch that Mitch will easily trounce. Thanks, Bill!

As opposed to a perceived Hollywood liberal who doesn't even live in the state and has come out against mountaintop mining? Let's remember Kentucky elected Rand Paul for Christ's sake.

If Bill Clinton knows anything he knows how to get Democrats elected in Southern red states.

by Anonymousreply 4003/28/2013

Kentucky secretary of state, Alison Grimes... that's who.

And since Judd really mucked up her face with bad plastic surgery, I would say they're about even in the looks department.

by Anonymousreply 4103/28/2013

I read where she went to Wash DC to meet with some Democratic leaders shortly after the story broke that she might run. It wasnt a few days later when it was reported she wouldn't run for Senate. I thought that was strange.

by Anonymousreply 4203/28/2013

If she couldn't get Bill Clinton's backing I can see why she dropped out. Bubba is adored in the Bluegrass State. Seriously. He is a rock star. My fellow Kentuckians love him. The man can do no wrong here. Even more conservative folks love him.

by Anonymousreply 4303/28/2013

Then why didn't he ever carry Kentucky

by Anonymousreply 4403/28/2013

She's very smart but I don't think she is emotionally strong enough to be in politics.

by Anonymousreply 4503/28/2013

R44, Clinton carried Kentucky in 1992 and 1996. Don't talk shit if you don't know shit.

by Anonymousreply 4603/28/2013

She has too much personal baggage, too many witnesses to her batshit crazy behavior over the years, no experience in government at all - Judd is just a non-starter.

If she wants to be active in politics, that's fine. She can get started on that in a serious, run-for-municipal-office way any time she'd like. Right now, Judd, like Caroline Kennedy before her, is not a good choice for a Senate candidate.

by Anonymousreply 4703/28/2013

There was a recent article (wish I could find the link) that basically said Clinton felt that Judd was a 'loose cannon' and he was leery of backing her.

Apparently he has been teaming up with other KY political bigwigs to encourage Alison Grimes to run.

I think if Clinton had felt more comfortable backing Judd he would have. But the article pretty much inferred that he was nervous about her in the big picture.

Here's another interesting (but now outdated) article on the race.

by Anonymousreply 4803/28/2013

(Article from last week) "Ashley Judd's rumored run for Senator of Kentucky isn't just rousing Republicans — it may be scaring big-time Democrats, too.

"According to Politico reporter Manu Raju, former President Bill Clinton is so wary of Judd's potential pitfalls — in particular, her forceful comments about gender politics, Christianity, and mountain-top removal mining — that he and a team of Democratic operatives have begun courting Alison Lundergan Grimes, who serves as Kentucky's Secretary of State, in hopes that she'll consider running against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, who has held his seat since 1985.

(Excerpt from different article:)

..."LEO Weekly has learned from multiple Democratic sources that the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is now applying the brakes to their once all-in support of Ashley Judd as the challenger of choice against Sen. Mitch McConnell in 2014. While not ready to abandon Judd, they are now taking a serious second look at recruiting Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes.

"The change of heart came after a recent poll the DSCC conducted, but not because it showed Judd was incapable of competing with McConnell, rather that Grimes performed better than Judd and gave Democrats the best chance at victory.

by Anonymousreply 4903/28/2013

Eye kisses!

by Anonymousreply 5003/29/2013

Ashley Judd is joining Focus on the Family?

by Anonymousreply 5103/29/2013

Did her hot husband dump her or vice versa?

by Anonymousreply 5203/29/2013

Thank God

What a disaster that would have been..

by Anonymousreply 5303/29/2013

I cry.

I cry the tears of a clown when no one's around.

by Anonymousreply 5403/29/2013

Good, it's for the best.

by Anonymousreply 5503/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.