Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you feel insulted when people don't know your name

Just moments ago, a room mate of mine, who I have been living with for a year now cannot remember my name.

I felt like slapping her.

Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 2203/28/2013

Just home from the convent, Christina just couldn't muster the words 'Mommie Dearest'.

by Anonymousreply 103/27/2013

On the contrary, I count on it.

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2013

It deeply offends me!

by Anonymousreply 303/27/2013

Are you the guy who started two threads about his roommate who won't talk to him? Face it: she hates you. She doesn't *want* to know your name.

I feel less insulted than I used to over people not remembering my name, but it's because I remember everyone's name. I have a really different memory from most people's.

by Anonymousreply 403/28/2013

So your room mate (sic) had a stroke and all you can do is take it personally? Just like an old twat.

by Anonymousreply 503/28/2013

signed 'Anonymous'?

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2013

OP, I feel your pain. My friend Julie has been living with me for a year and she can't remember my name. She is such a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 703/28/2013

No, because I have an unusual name.

by Anonymousreply 803/28/2013

No. I forget peoples names all the time.

by Anonymousreply 903/28/2013

I feel wronged and raped

by Anonymousreply 1003/28/2013

I ate lunch with a guy almost every day for two years and two months later he didn't know who I was. It didn't hurt that he didn't recognize me. What really hurt was that he didn't recognize my name after I told it to him.

by Anonymousreply 1103/28/2013

I was a second son and a middle child. No one has ever known what my name is. My neighbor of going on 20 years has called me by the wrong name all of those years. A name with the same first letter but otherwise not similar. I gave up correcting her long ago.

by Anonymousreply 1203/28/2013

ONly when I suck them off

by Anonymousreply 1303/28/2013

Yes

by Anonymousreply 1403/28/2013

There are people I see only a few times a year, usually because they are friends of friends, but knowing they will be at a social event, I always make sure I brush up on their names before I get there. You would think they would do the same but it's always obvious when they say "How ya doin'?" that they don't remember my name.

by Anonymousreply 1503/28/2013

Maybe she has a brain problem.

Geez OP.

by Anonymousreply 1603/28/2013

Maybe Mr. Cellophane should been your name...

by Anonymousreply 1703/28/2013

When I lived in Seattle many years ago, there was this one guy (I called him the Aryan) who I would run into all around the country for some strange reason. He never remembered me.

One time, I ran into him in Boston. I said hi, he said something to the effect of "I don't know you, do I?" I said of course you do. You've been to my house for dinner parties so you must be an imbecile. Felt good to say that finally.

by Anonymousreply 1803/28/2013

Was his name Tim by any chance, R18?

by Anonymousreply 1903/28/2013

It's pretty insulting but I've forgotten people's names too...so I try to not take it personally. There are always ways to carefully work around the fact you don't know their name and then later ask someone "Who was that again? I can't believe I forgot their name!"

It basically just makes you look bad if you blatantly let someone know you forgot their name...you come across as uncaring and not all that bright (kind of dumb in that when you're an adult and in a professional setting, it's part of your job to remember people's names).

by Anonymousreply 2003/28/2013

What's in a name, OP? Don't fret yourself about it.

by Anonymousreply 2103/28/2013

I feel insulted when they pretend not to remember my name to put me off. So I sent him a clip on bow tie and suspenders for his birthday, in recognition of his white trash status.

by Anonymousreply 2203/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.