Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I might be Moving to West Haven Connecticut for work. I'm trying to find out about this town. Is it gay friendly?

Would it be better to live in New York and commute to West Haven? Is there a train for this type of commute? Will I be miserable in this town?

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2013

They don't call it Waste Haven for nothing. Yes, there are trains to New York...

by Anonymousreply 103/27/2013

Thanks for the info R1 . Hmmmm I don't know whether I should take the job or not.

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2013

I work in New Haven, but commute from further east along the shore. Here's one of today's top stories.

by Anonymousreply 303/27/2013

It's a shithole and no, it's hardly gay-friendly.

by Anonymousreply 403/28/2013

It's too far to commute every day from NYC, but close enough to take the train in for the weekend. East Haven is nicer than West Haven, and there are plenty of neighboring suburbs away from New Haven. I wouldn't say the area is gay friendly, but it's not gay unfriendly. Visit the area before you make up your mind about the job.

by Anonymousreply 503/28/2013

Sound advice from R5. If you move another town out from the East/West Havens - like Branford or Orange things get better. Branford did a really nice job revitalizing their center. Most towns along the shore have train access to the City.

by Anonymousreply 603/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!