Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jon Hamm on the Pop Culture Obsession With His Crotch: "They're Called 'Privates' for a Reason"

In the latest issue of Rolling Stone, Jon Hamm is finally sounding off about the elephant in the room—the paparazzi fascination with shooting close ups of his crotch.

The 42-year-old Mad Men star admits to being a little irked by the pics of his package, which not only give the impression he doesn't go in for undergarments, but has also spawned its own web memes.

"Most of it's tongue-in-cheek, but it is a little rude," he told the magazine (via Us Weekly). "It just speaks to a broader freedom that people feel like they have—a prurience."

The touchy subject made headlines again last week after a New York Daily News story claimed he was asked to cover up his bulge with underwear while shooting the sixth season of his Emmy-winning AMC drama because of those stiff '60s suits he dons as Don Draper. "They're called 'privates' for a reason," Hamm continued. "I'm wearing pants, for f--k's sake. Lay off."

While the constant crotch talk isn't his cup of tea, the thesp is trying not to let it go to his head, though he did call it a downside to fame. "I mean, it's not like I'm a f---king lead miner. There are harder jobs in the world," he said. "But when people feel the freedom to create Tumblr accounts about my c--k, I feel like that wasn't part of the deal."

Mad Men stars tease season six Hamm did however admit that there could be worse things said about him.

"But whatever, I guess it's better than being called out for the opposite," he added.

by Anonymousreply 3803/29/2013

Oh c'mon, he knows damn well he shows and has nothing to bitch about when people comment. I had a friend who was like that and I finally said, you do know you show right? And he was yup.

by Anonymousreply 103/27/2013

Then wear briefs. End of story.

Methinks he has a little ego problem.

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2013

I've rarely seen Jon Hamm in a photo, candid or not, where he WASN'T VPLing, which means he hardly wears underwear. And with an appendage as big as his, it SHOWS. And when something that big shows, on an actor from a popular TV show, people will talk, and blog, and make tumblrs, etc.

by Anonymousreply 303/27/2013

I met him once at a party; he was exceedingly charming and kind.

I'm sure he is.

But, c'mon! You're in the public eye, you show off your dick (I thought many of those photos were fake, but maybe not?)

You can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 403/27/2013

[quote]Methinks he has a little ego problem.

honey, he's an actor, it comes with his SAG card!

by Anonymousreply 503/27/2013

He's well-aware of what he's showing and would be pissed if nobody noticed.

Milton Berle has been dead for eleven years and when big show biz dicks are discussed, they still talk about Berle. Hamm wants the same attention.

by Anonymousreply 603/27/2013

"Privates" meands you keep it private. Flaunting it is not keeping it private Mr. (appropriately named) Hamm.

by Anonymousreply 703/27/2013

Oh, poor baby! It must be just AWFUL to have people EVERYWHERE titter and slobber over your GINORMOUS paynuss!

Have people no sense of decency and propriety?!

by Anonymousreply 803/27/2013

I know, R8! Right?!?

by Anonymousreply 903/27/2013

He should go in for penile reduction surgery. No man should ever have to suffer such indignities.

by Anonymousreply 1003/27/2013

The "privates" most people are talking about when it comes to Jon Hamm are the photos of him showing off his dick in public walking down a public street. He could wear underwear and end the discussion--but he chooses to go commando and show a bulge.

Most of the chatter is not about what his crotch looks like on the set of Mad Men. Yeah, there's some of that, but most of the comments are of him walking with his girlfriend showing off his "private" cock in a very public manner.

Jon, your feigned humility is rather unbearable and disingenuous. Knock off the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1103/28/2013

Oh boo hoo hooey hoo hoo!

by Anonymousreply 1203/28/2013

He didn't need to discuss it at all.

by Anonymousreply 1303/28/2013

"The thesp is trying not to let it go to his head."

The jokes write themselves.

by Anonymousreply 1403/28/2013

"They're called 'privates' for a reason," Hamm continued. "I'm wearing pants, for f--k's sake. Lay off."

Can you "Mary, please" a straight guy?

by Anonymousreply 1503/28/2013

Well Mr. Hamm if they are "privates" package them better so they don't show to the world!

by Anonymousreply 1603/28/2013

He will not be able to resist a nude scene.

by Anonymousreply 1703/28/2013

It's similar to buxomy actresses who wear low cut dresses all the time who then complain that no one takes them seriously because all people do is talk about their boobs.

by Anonymousreply 1803/28/2013

I don't remember Fred Dryer being such a whiner - nor John Schneider, nor Gary Sandy. Of course, they were network stars.

What is it about cable actors not knowing how to put on clothing? First, we get Thomas Jane baffled by footwear. Now we get John Hamm confused by the concept of underwear.

by Anonymousreply 1903/28/2013

"But whatever, I guess it's better than being called out for the opposite."

He knows the score.

by Anonymousreply 2003/28/2013

He chose the wrong way to discuss it, but you queens are resorting to the same slut-shaming tactics as guys outside of titty bars.

by Anonymousreply 2103/28/2013

Huh? "Slut-shaming"?! He's the one who's all Miss Prim-And-Proper all of the sudden.

by Anonymousreply 2203/28/2013

Hur hur! Straight men spend their whole lives objectifying women, but HATE it when they realize they're being objectified themselves.

by Anonymousreply 2303/28/2013

Poor Jon Hamm. His mommmy didn't buy him any underwear.

by Anonymousreply 2403/28/2013

Jon Hamm is like Paris Hilton and Britney Spears who years ago "forgot" to wear their underwear, and then had the paparazzi take photos of their vaginas getting out of the car. "Whoops I did it again."

Dear Jon, when you walk around on a public street showing off your cock, someone might just take a picture. Got that now?

by Anonymousreply 2503/28/2013

I think he'll do a fast fade after Mad Men. He was in that "Friends With Kids" and didn't really register, forgettable. In "Bridesmaids" he just played himself.

Maybe he's hoping to bag a millonaire, like Jesse James.

by Anonymousreply 2603/28/2013

"I think he'll do a fast fade after Mad Men."

Ya mean like me?

by Anonymousreply 2703/28/2013

Mr. Hamm has semi-privates.

by Anonymousreply 2803/28/2013

Instead of worrying about gay rights, society should instead worry about how hard it is to be a handsome white millionaire with a big dick.

He should've kept his mouth shut. He sounds like a whiny bitch now.

by Anonymousreply 2903/28/2013

Exactly R29, I'm really surprised his team didn't come up with a more likeable and humorous reaction for him to give.

by Anonymousreply 3003/28/2013

meanwhile please link to the Tumblr page

by Anonymousreply 3103/28/2013

[quote]...accounts about my c--k,...

Was I the only one who felt a tingle reading this?.

by Anonymousreply 3203/28/2013

Oh the poor little thing is so put upon.

by Anonymousreply 3303/28/2013

You gotta love Jayne Mansfield. Like Hamm, Jayne liked to show off her notable physical assets in public. Unlike Hamm, she was honest and direct:

"If I didn't have a large bosom, people would talk about my small one. So what's the difference? I'm glad I have a large one."

Ham should have responded thusly:

"If I didn't have a large cock, people would talk about my small one. So what's the difference? I'm glad I have a large one."

by Anonymousreply 3403/28/2013

[quote]Instead of worrying about gay rights, society should instead worry about how hard it is to be a handsome white millionaire with a big dick.

Yes, yes, we are very concerned about this issue as well.

by Anonymousreply 3503/28/2013

Yes R20, he gave himself away with that line. And he more or less did say that R34.

If he was so concerned with privacy he wouldn't have said that, he would have ignored issues of size. I don't think Fassbender said much and we actually saw it proper. I'm sure there's a showing off element, but who can blame him.

I do think he's probably the nice guy people are saying, but it would be too good to be true if someone who looked like that wouldn't be into himself. He's an actor for godssakes, while he is good he got there on looks. Don't complain about privacy if you're a celeb, that's the price you have to pay.

by Anonymousreply 3603/29/2013

My head will hang heavy tonight when I think of the indignity that Mr. Hamm is suffering.

by Anonymousreply 3703/29/2013

I have nothing against Hamm going commando and flaunting his dick.

But it's a little silly for him to expect that he's not going to be noticed when he does it, much less for him to then assert that they are called "privates for a reason".

Kind of like Dolly Parton complaining that her tits are a national obsession.

by Anonymousreply 3803/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!