Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Tell me about the Hunger Games

I don't need to know the plot or the ending just the theme. Is it about a poor person striving to be rich. Because if so, I'm going to purchase the book.

by Anonymousreply 603/27/2013

It stars a chick with pudding face and scratchy-teen voice (I call it "The Lohan") pretending to be Arnold Schwarzenegger in Running Man.

Amazing that the junk cinema of the 1980s is not only financially successful today, but considered respectable.

Also, why is a less attractive version of Renee "I suck lemons" Zellweger now supposedly one of the hottest women in the world? People will believe anything. And Hollywood will sell anyone, as long as they have the right parents or are *really* good at giving hummers, sucking clit and taking it doggy.

That also pretty much sums up the experience of sitting through a well-respected remake of a Schwarzenegger B-product.

by Anonymousreply 103/27/2013

It's about a poor person striving to avoid being killed on national TV.

It may not be your cup of tea, OP.

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2013

Why is it so popular? Tell me the book is better than that Twilight shite.

by Anonymousreply 303/27/2013

I loved and devoured all three books. Engaging story, great characters, admirable politics. Movie was good, but, like the Harry Potter films, I view it more as a supplement to the books than a standalone product.

Never read or seen Twilight.

by Anonymousreply 403/27/2013

OP, if you want to go from being poor to being rich, don't sit at home reading "inspirational" stories.

Get out there and start dealing drugs!

by Anonymousreply 503/27/2013

R5 is Walter White

by Anonymousreply 603/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!