Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BREAKING NBC Today Jenna Wolfe ***COMES OUT*** & Is Expecting Baby with Lesbian Partner!

Two faces familiar to NBC News viewers are sharing personal and happy news. None

"My girlfriend, Stephanie Gosk, and I are expecting a baby girl the end of August," writes correspondent Jenna Wolfe, 39, in a blog post. The news was announced today on Today. "As of this week, I am about five months pregnant."

Wolfe is the network's daredevil, something she acknowledges in her blog post.

"Of all the jaw-dropping, head-turning and eye-popping things I've ever told my friends and family ('I swam with killer sharks,' 'I jet-packed 30 feet out of the water,' 'I scaled the tallest building in Canada'), nothing garnered more shock and awe (and, yes, some tears) than when I told people I was pregnant. Just writing those words — 'I'm pregnant' — is surreal to me."

And Gosk? We've seen her travel the globe reporting on all sorts of big stories.

As Jenna writes: "Stephanie, a foreign correspondent here at NBC, spent years in war-torn countries, risking life and limb in the most dangerous places on earth to tell amazing stories. ... Between the two of us, we've seen and we've done more than most will in a lifetime. And yet both of us agree that THIS little girl will be the biggest and best adventure of our lives."

Wolfe, who will be blogging about the experience says, "Two years into a great relationship and we felt like we wanted to share our adventures with a wide-eyed, little person. The more we talked about it, the better the idea seemed. And so in December, we embarked on Operation Baby. And might I just add that despite the morning sickness, it's been the best decision we've ever made."

by Anonymousreply 8209/15/2013

THIS JUST IN! Lesbians taking over LameStream media!

by Anonymousreply 103/27/2013

awesome, and i think jenna's partner was posting here on the DL a few weeks ago...

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2013

Do you think Erica Hill will throw a baby shower for Jenna?

by Anonymousreply 503/27/2013

Yet another out and proud lesbian on television. Lesbians are the only one who have balls, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 603/27/2013

Yeah, what's with the Erica Hill comments I keep seeing people make.

On the comments for the celebrity baby site someone referred to Erica as an ex and implied it didn't end well.

I had thought Erica was a lesbian for years, but when I looked her up a little whole ago I saw that she was married to a man. Did she re-closet herself by getting hitched to a man and signing up for heteroville?

Did she really have a relationship with Jenna?

by Anonymousreply 703/27/2013

Jenna is still 100% available to Matt, sexually, until the day the baby is delivered. He's requested she have a C-section, for obvious reasons. Jenna's girlfriend accepts this arrangement. Also, the girlfriend has really long fingers.

by Anonymousreply 803/27/2013

NBC hopes this will give The Today Show a lift after the Ann Curry disaster.

by Anonymousreply 903/27/2013

I have no idea what Jenna is speaking of. NONE!

by Anonymousreply 1003/27/2013

This is useless without a link.

by Anonymousreply 1103/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 1203/27/2013

The baby's gonna look like Al Roker, mark my words.

by Anonymousreply 1303/27/2013

Erica Hill lesbian rumors is news to me.

by Anonymousreply 1403/28/2013

Will Heidi Jones be the Godmother?

by Anonymousreply 1503/28/2013

If you you were to sit Jenna and Erica side-by-side and neither opened their mouths to speak...I would pick Erica over Jenna as being the Lesbian.

And congrats to Jenna for coming out publically and on the news of her pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 1703/28/2013

"Also, the girlfriend has really long fingers."

WTF? That makes absolutely no sense except in the mind of a ninth grade boy.

by Anonymousreply 1803/28/2013

Whenever a Lesbian gets pregnant, it's a major news event. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 1903/28/2013

Erica Hill isn't rumored to be a lesbian. What posters were referencing was how NBC hired her away from CBS then gave her Wolfe's anchor spot on the Weekend Today. Wolfe was moved to newsreader and appeared visibly put out on their first show together a few months ago.

Wolfe supposedly was reprimanded by her bosses because she was the only one who didn't welcome Hill to the Today show family during their first on-air appearance together.

by Anonymousreply 2003/28/2013

I am frankly amazed at the surprised reaction to Jenna's coming out. She's been a butch lesbian since her first day on the air with us almost 10 years ago, and anyone who couldn't see that is either blind or stupid. We all knew the minute we met her. She's the high school girl jock all grown up.

R15 your comment made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 2103/29/2013

So Stephanie Gosk of NBC is the woman who drove Heidi Jones MAD!

by Anonymousreply 2203/29/2013

Jenna denies that Matt Lauer is the father.

by Anonymousreply 2303/30/2013

R18? I used to look for beautiful women with long fingers.

by Anonymousreply 2403/30/2013

No big news here, it has been obvious for a long, long time.

by Anonymousreply 2503/30/2013

Um, not to me. I thought she was the typical braying straight harpy.

I'm wondering why Datalounge didn't break this news years ago?

by Anonymousreply 2603/30/2013

Well excuse my malfunctioning gaydar.

I didn't occur to me that Jenna Wolfe is gay. But now that I know, I guess I can say it's not wildly surprising. But Stephanie Gosk??!! Man, that came out of nowhere. I had no idea at all.

by Anonymousreply 2703/30/2013

Everytime a lesbian gets pregnant an angel gets its wings.

by Anonymousreply 2803/30/2013

Is Jenna black?

by Anonymousreply 2903/31/2013

Does anyone know Jenna's dating history? Jenna says that she and Stephanie Gosk have been dating 3yrs. Wasn't she with a photographer recently and a weather woman that lied about being raped 3yrs ago?

by Anonymousreply 3003/31/2013

Mary Carillo comes over to Jenna and Stephanie's for occasional threesomes.

by Anonymousreply 3103/31/2013

Saw a video on MSNBC from early January where Jenna Wolfe throws to Stephanie Gosk reporting from Syria. You haven't seen your partner in a week because she's on assignment and when you do, it's aired live for all to see.

Congrats to the happy couple. They look sweet together.

by Anonymousreply 3203/31/2013

Aww, I was hoping her girlfriend would be Jorja Fox. *tee-hee*

by Anonymousreply 3303/31/2013

The first time I saw Jenna Wolfe on-air, I thought, who is that annoying hyperactive dyke?

The first time I saw Stephanie Gosk on-air, I thought, who is that tedious leaden dyke?

Congrats to the happy couple.

by Anonymousreply 3403/31/2013

"tedious leaden dyke"

Awesome band name...

by Anonymousreply 3503/31/2013

It's hard to believe that anyone who has ever met a lesbian wouldn't be able to tell in a minute that Jenna was one.

by Anonymousreply 3603/31/2013

Shouldn't they look more a like - you know, like twins?

by Anonymousreply 3703/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 3803/31/2013

"Saw a video on MSNBC from early January where Jenna Wolfe throws to Stephanie Gosk reporting from Syria. You haven't seen your partner in a week because she's on assignment and when you do, it's aired live for all to see."

what is the title of this video?

by Anonymousreply 3903/31/2013

We've been calling that pushy, humorless, nasty-faced, shrill little twat Jenna Wolfe "The Babydyke" ever since she made her first appearance on the network. What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4003/31/2013

what has she done to a cunt, r40?

by Anonymousreply 4103/31/2013

Why aren't they married?

by Anonymousreply 4203/31/2013

I meant no harm when I said Jenna and Stephanie were into bestiality.

If I offended them, well, that wasn't my intent.

by Anonymousreply 4303/31/2013

Well, Jenna found a way to focus more attention back on herself by getting pregnant and coming out. She's annoying.

by Anonymousreply 4403/31/2013

Relatively sane. Not beautiful, but definitely cute. Only mildly butch. In a committed relationship so she makes a good impression on the hets. I'd rate this a 6 on my "Lesbian outing meter".

Glad she didn't come out when her supposed ex was going crazy.

by Anonymousreply 4503/31/2013

Am I the only one who had absolutely no clue about Gosk?

I mean who the fuck didn't know about Wolfe, but Gosk was completely off my radar.

by Anonymousreply 4603/31/2013

What's Robin Roberts waiting for? .

Poor Sue Simmons. She was kind of the first out lesbian in the news world, but she bolted back into the closet. Now look where she is.

by Anonymousreply 4703/31/2013

R47 I don't recall Simmons ever coming out, or actively trying to get back in the closet. I mean everyone knows she's gay, but what do you consider "out"?

by Anonymousreply 4803/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 4903/31/2013

R42, they say they want to get married soon.

R39, see link.

by Anonymousreply 5003/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 5103/31/2013

What kind of fucking name is Storm Sahara? Is she a goddamned stripper?

Ladies, please. When renaming yourself to claim your inner dyke, don't take names that have anything to do with deserts or weather. Be classier.

The Gosk news shocks me, although she pings to high heaven. I just didn't Think any of those power lesbians would come out. Also, is Jenna's coming out a way to beat Robin Roberts or other high profile gays? You know, stealing their thunder before it claps, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 5203/31/2013

R52, Jenna's several months pregnant and beginning to show. She's not married and needed to have an explanation for her audience. She and Gosk both say they can't imagine bringing a child into the world where they aren't honest about who they are as people.

Kudos to them.

by Anonymousreply 5303/31/2013

Jenna is also trying to get back some of the attention she lost when she was demoted in favor of Erica Hill a few months back. Jenna took a lot of heat for not being "welcoming" to Erica, and her bad attitude toward the whole situation got her on some very thin ice at the network. This big announcement got her some needed positive attention - at least enough to not get her fired. Granted, once the child is born she may decide not to return to work, but then it's her choice and not the network's....

by Anonymousreply 5404/01/2013

Has anyone found a pic of Storm Sahara? I can't seem to find one.

by Anonymousreply 5504/01/2013

Yep. Gonna be hard to fire your newly-out, pregnant lesbian news reader. Good for her for coming out. She would NOT have been the first public figure to adopt a child (or even give birth) as a "single mother" when actually partnered with another woman.

Still, it's a good thing she came out, and when she failed to be "welcoming" I was okay with it. It's good to see a little genuine reaction rather than the canned geniality so universal on those programs.

by Anonymousreply 5604/01/2013

It's not like she had a baby to get attention back. She and Gosk were already in the process of going through the artificial insemination when she got the news of Hill's hiring.

Gosk moved her home base from London to New York in September when they decided to begin their family.

by Anonymousreply 5704/01/2013

Robin Roberts thinks Jesus can tolerate sinful homosexuals as long as they aren't out and proud about it. Jenna can't steal any thunder from a committed closet-case like that.

by Anonymousreply 5804/01/2013

Exactly r58, I may be a lesbo but at least I know my place, in the closet! Or headlining a leadership conference put on by Chick-fil-A, as I did 2 yrs ago. Praise the Lord!

by Anonymousreply 5904/01/2013

I think Robin Roberts might well have come out after her mother passed away if not for her health battle right now. She will come out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 6004/01/2013

In Robin Roberts defense she's had other things on her mind the last couple years.

by Anonymousreply 6104/01/2013

Any followup from Jenna or Stephanie?

by Anonymousreply 6204/01/2013

Gosk is a foreign correspondent. How is she going to report on Afghanistan if she's in NYC? Maybe she and Jenna will relocate to London after the baby's born.

by Anonymousreply 6304/02/2013

Gosk was just in Africa recently.

she can still report on stories around the world.

by Anonymousreply 6404/02/2013

It looks like NBC has her doing a mix of foreign and domestic stories now, R63. She's done a few stories recently in NYC, while still traveling to Ghana and Egypt as needed. Maybe they tweaked her assignments to accommodate her being based in NYC instead of London.

by Anonymousreply 6504/02/2013

Jenna is really showing now. She recently blogged about her and Stephanie Gosk moving to a bigger apartment. I noticed Jenna this week was wearing what appeared to be an engagement ring on her diamond necklace.

Any gossip?

by Anonymousreply 6605/11/2013

R44 = Erica Hill

by Anonymousreply 6705/11/2013

Jenna and Erica have become pretty good friends, R67.

by Anonymousreply 6805/11/2013

R68 = Lester Holt

by Anonymousreply 6905/11/2013

Pregnancy is really agreeing with Wolfe. She looked gorgeous on both weekend shows. She seems much more comfortable in her own skin - guess there's something to be said about not hiding in a closet anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7005/12/2013

I totally agree!

by Anonymousreply 7105/12/2013

Wolfe was on the Today show Sunday morning and Gosk was on Nightly News in the evening. Both are looking gorgeous. I've never been drawn to women with short hair, but Gosk pulls it off beautifully.

Wolfe really seems to have adapted to the change in her job. She has a good attitude and seems tight with Erica Hill. I'd say the Weekend Today show is much better than the daily one at this point.

by Anonymousreply 7205/20/2013

Touching column from Jenna on what it means to her to have a family with Stephanie.

I've been really impressed by how open both women have been in sharing their journey. They're a beautiful representation of a gay couple in this world.

by Anonymousreply 7308/28/2013

I wish they would come out when they were single!

by Anonymousreply 7608/28/2013

True, R76, but they weren't bearding or covering up. It was said many of their peers at Today and NBC News knew they were a couple.

by Anonymousreply 7808/28/2013

Jenna Wolfe, Stephanie Gosk and their baby were on the Today Show this morning. Both were beaming as Lester Holt and Erica Hill doted on their baby.

I'm impressed by the Today Show. This is the third time they've had all three on. The first two times were in the days after the baby's birth.

by Anonymousreply 8009/15/2013

Had no idea she was a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 8109/15/2013

Is this still ****BREAKING****?

Has she (whoever she is) ****GONE BACK IN****? I've still never heard of her except on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8209/15/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!