Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

"Judge Joe Brown" Cancelled

He wasn't happy with $20 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 2803/27/2013

Not that I give a shit since I don't watch "reality" nonsense, but were you always bad at reading comprehension? Where does it say he wasn't happy making $20M?

[quote]He reportedly has been making $20 million a year, but CTD was looking to trim his compensation in line with a decline in his ratings.

What he isn't happy with is them wanting to CUT that $20M, not refusing to give him more.

See the difference between what you said and what is actually written? Work on that, honey.

by Anonymousreply 103/27/2013

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2013

It's a show for stay-at-home black people R2.

by Anonymousreply 303/27/2013

R1 takes her daytime reality trash television VERY seriously.

by Anonymousreply 403/27/2013

Jesus R2

by Anonymousreply 503/27/2013

[quote]It's a show for stay-at-home black people [R2].

Yeah, kind of like how Judge Judy is a show for stay-at-home white people.

by Anonymousreply 603/27/2013

Judge Judy is funny. You can tell she can barely control the racial stereotypes floating through her head when she gets some rowdy black people in there,

by Anonymousreply 703/27/2013

The first thing that popped into my mind was how long it would take someone to do the token DL "who"? post, this time it only took two posts.There are so many judges I can't tell who's who.

If Judge Brown is making 20 mill a year then what the fuck is Judge Judy making? 200 million a year?

by Anonymousreply 803/27/2013

I admit it-I love the judge shows, but JJB was easily my least favorite of them all. He's rude (barely looks at the defendent half the time) and is so pompous it's a real turn off. And, btw, did anyone ever notice how the bailiffs on these shows are always the opposite race of the judge? What's up with that????

by Anonymousreply 903/27/2013

They wouldn't dare offer a white man that kind of salary.

by Anonymousreply 1003/27/2013

My people are the only true Americans. The WASP cunts stole our land and started polluting it. Get out of here, fucking Euro trash.

by Anonymousreply 1303/27/2013

I watch Judge Judy and The People's Court, but I thought Judge Joe Brown was boring.

by Anonymousreply 1403/27/2013

Now, if they could just get rid of that ignorant cunt, Judge Judy.

by Anonymousreply 1503/27/2013

Judge Alex is a white male. We've also got Dr. Oz, Steve Wilkos, and Jeremy Kyle. White guys preside over plenty of filth.

by Anonymousreply 1603/27/2013

R8 Judge Judy makes over $45 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 1703/27/2013

Which one is he?

by Anonymousreply 1803/27/2013

A few years ago there was a white male TV judge who was openly gay. He would sing showtunes from the bench. Is he still on the air? Does he make $20 million/year?

by Anonymousreply 1903/27/2013

JJB always looked and sounded hung over and ready to let out a great big nasty boozy belch. The only time he seemed alert was when strippers were before him. I think he masturbated underneath his robe during those shows.

by Anonymousreply 2003/27/2013

[quote]A few years ago there was a white male TV judge who was openly gay. He would sing showtunes from the bench

Did he come on before or after the Hispanic judge who comes out wearing a sombrero and carrying a leaf-blower?

by Anonymousreply 2103/27/2013

The gay judge was David Young. He didn't last long, but that was during the years when there were about 15 different judge shows. There was also:

Judge Christina Perez, Judge Hatchett, Judge Mills Lane, Judge Gunn, Judge Mabelean (Divorce Court), Judge Lynn Toler (Divorce Court now), Judge Judy, Judge Alex, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Marilyn Milian, Judge Mathis, Judge Maria Lopez, Judge Karen Mills and one other black female judge. She was young, pretty with long hair and a southern accent.

by Anonymousreply 2203/27/2013

R19, no he only lasted one season. Nice guy, but the show didn't work.

So what's Mr. Brown going to do now? Even if they wanted to trim his salary, it was probably still going to be 15 million or more. I don't think they could've wanted to cut it in half, but even if they did that's still 10 million, which you'd think would be plenty of incentive to film a season of formula court show episodes. Unless he wanted to retire, it wasn't the best move. But he does have plenty of money to retire.

by Anonymousreply 2303/27/2013

I forgot about this horrible ghetto court show that ran for a few months - Street Court. The judge would stand in the street and hear both sides of the case. He had this dyke-y looking bailiff stand by his side.

Also adding: Judge Ross, Jeannine Pirro and Judge Penny (she's the pretty black judge).

by Anonymousreply 2403/27/2013

Judge Judy should stop saying she feels "badly" for people before her.

by Anonymousreply 2503/27/2013

There is obviously a whole facet of TV society that I know nothing about, as evident by the fact I know not one name from R22's list. Fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 2603/27/2013

Ooooo, smell you, R26.

BTW, you must also be new to Datalounge, because there's a thread on Judge Judy almost weekly. Surely you would have known the name from those alone.

by Anonymousreply 2703/27/2013

haha. I've been a DL addict for a decade. I do know the names Judge Judy and Judge Woepner (sp?) but I don't know anything about either.

by Anonymousreply 2803/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!