Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scandal with Kerry Wahington

Why didn't they hire a white girl for her role? Wouldn't it have appealed to a larger audience that way?

by Anonymousreply 1503/28/2013

I would bet $1000 OP is not white himself.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

Op is clearly a troll. Scandal is one of the hottest dramas on TV right now, and Kerry IS the role. No other actress, black or white, could play Olivia Pope the way she does. Besides, Shonda wrote it with a black actress in mind.

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

[QUOTE]Shonda wrote it with a black actress in mind.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

No, R3, it's not racism. It's a powerful black woman in Hollywood wanting to write a show that centers around a strong black woman--a rareity on TV these days. Just like many writers in Hollywood write roles and actors of color never even enter their realm of thinking, hence the reason there isn't a ton of work for actors of color out there.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

The character is based on a real person who happens to be an African-American woman.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

Bump R5. And furthermore I think there is more than enough "white" actresses in leading roles. OP they aren' t hard to find.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

[quote]The character is based on a real person who happens to be an African-American woman.

She fucked the president? Which one?

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

No, R7, you simpleton. It's based off a woman who used to be a PR person for Bush.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

I love SCANDAL. Am obsessed with it. I say this because I want to prove that I respect the passion of those responding to the OP as if OP's anything but a talentless troll.

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

I'm sure there were white PR women who they could have based the show on or at least they should have cast Omorosa. Wahington is too short to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

You ask this because there is an absence of White female characters on TV, right? Someone's got to help a white sista out! Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 1103/27/2013

You feed it. It's yours. How many times do we have to tell you?

by Anonymousreply 1203/27/2013

Shonda most likely made her participation conditional on a black actress being cast. I'm sure the network would have cast a white actress if they could.

by Anonymousreply 1303/27/2013

But that's not the case R13. BAM !!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1403/28/2013

Shondra would be a better writer if she was embraced her inner whiteness.

by Anonymousreply 1503/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!