Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Harmony Korine tried to rob Meryl!

David Letterman caught the little shit rifling through Meryl's purse and threw him off the show!

by Anonymousreply 1603/27/2013

How funny. I just wondering what happened to Korine. Sorry to here he's still around.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

Did he find one of these?

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

It's always about fucking Meryl! I'm sick of her!

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

Here's the story:

"The legend is that he pushed Meryl Streep backstage," Franco said. "I mean, if you push Meryl Streep backstage, you get kicked off!"

"Not necessarily," Dave replied drily, and then dropped a bombshell about Korine.

"I went upstairs to greet Meryl Streep and say welcome to the show," Letterman said. After knocking on the dressing room door, Letterman continued, "She was not in there. And I looked around and I found your friend Harmony going through her purse. True story! True story. And so I said, 'OK, that's it, put her things back in her bag, and then you get out of here.'"

"So YOU kicked him off? Holy …" Franco said, while Letterman nodded in the affirmative.

Before Letterman's big revelation, Franco admitted that Korine had something of a checkered past. "He said he was a little out of it," Franco said. "Harmony is a very sane guy now, a great artist and a great person to work with. I think he had a period where he was going a little off the rails, so maybe he was on something that night."

As for Korine himself, he addressed the rumors about being banned from Letterman in an interview conducted a few weeks earlier. "I've heard that, I've heard that for a long time," Korine said after being asked if he was banished from "The Late Show." "It's possible, it's definitely possible."

When pressed for details, Korine replied, "I've heard a lot of different things, I probably don’t want to go into them all." The question then turned to the rumored shoving match with Streep, and Korine said, "I dunno, I heard that, too. I was pretty out of it back then, so I guess anything's possible. Honestly, I have no recollection. I hope it wasn't true."

The more stable Korine would like a second chance, saying, "I would do (the Letterman show) in a second if he asked me back." And after Franco assured Letterman that the director would be on better behavior, the host said he'd be "more than happy" to book Korine on the show.

I hope Dave doesn't book the little klepto on the show ever again. Rifling through Meryl's purse?? The Streep Troll's head is going to explode.

by Anonymousreply 403/26/2013

I am counting on the Streep troll to get this thread to 600 posts all by himself.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

The Streep Troll must be asleep.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

R5 the Streep troll, is the Anne H troll, who is also the Jenn Lawrence troll...

Just follow the cackling, wheezing laughter-type noise in your screen and you're sure to find him.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

R5 my post was not intended to read as though you are the cackling wheezer...the OP is.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

R8 I am both R5 and OP but do not have the distinction of being the Streep Troll (tm).

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

Gawd, men are so unstable!

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

Where was Meryl and why was he alone with her purse? Did he scare her out of her own dressing room? There may be other victims who need to come forward.

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

Looking for drugs. Probably didnt even know whose purse it was. Probably dug in every purse he could find.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

He was a heroin addict?

by Anonymousreply 1303/27/2013

Anything for attention, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 1403/27/2013

[quote]Where was Meryl and why was he alone with her purse?

She was doing an eight ball with one of the grips.

by Anonymousreply 1503/27/2013

I would love to hear Meryl Streep's account of what happened. It sounds like a weird Spike Jonze film.

by Anonymousreply 1603/27/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!