Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What are your plans for Easter?

Anyone have any plans? Family, friends, a day off.

What are you doing?

by Anonymousreply 5403/31/2013

Nothing special. We'll probably just crucify Santa Claus on a chocolate cross, you know, standard stuff.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

Bonnets

Caftans

by Anonymousreply 203/26/2013

I'm planning on brewing up a batch of beer.

In honor of Easter, I intend to add the sugar from a package or two of marshmallow peeps to my wort. The recipe calls for dextrose; yellow bunnies are just a different variation of processed sugar.

by Anonymousreply 303/26/2013

Twisting the nipples of my crucifix.

by Anonymousreply 503/26/2013

Nothing. At least that's what I thought. Now I think I may make one of those sweet Easter breads and invite friends over. Ham and eggs would be better, but I don't feel like cooking ham.

by Anonymousreply 603/26/2013

I have a family dinner that I have to attend.

by Anonymousreply 703/26/2013

If it's nice outside, picnic at the park down by the river with several friends. If the weather is bad, we'll have the picnic at our townhouse.

by Anonymousreply 803/26/2013

Find some hung guy and keep him risen for 3days

by Anonymousreply 903/26/2013

I am going for a hike. It will be my first hike since breaking my ankle in January.

by Anonymousreply 1003/26/2013

Slapping faces Viciously!!

by Anonymousreply 1103/26/2013

Nothing. I don't celebrate Easter.

by Anonymousreply 1203/26/2013

Easter lunch, then an egg hunt in the back yard.

by Anonymousreply 1303/26/2013

Already made my pizza chiena. Going to the Pooch Parade and then dinner with my partner's family.

by Anonymousreply 1403/26/2013

Saturday night will be driving 2 hours with my sister to my parents house for the weekend

fun

by Anonymousreply 1503/27/2013

I have no plans... I only just found out I have Friday off.

by Anonymousreply 1603/27/2013

We're having rabbit.

by Anonymousreply 1703/27/2013

Free Barabbas, attend a crucifixion.

by Anonymousreply 1803/27/2013

Greek Easter is Sunday, May 5.

Sometimes Orthodox Easter falls on the same day as Western Easter; often it's a week or two apart. However, this year, there is more than a month's difference.

by Anonymousreply 1903/27/2013

Probably burn a cross in my front yard, write "move fags" on my garage door and call the police to report a hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 2103/27/2013

I'll be hiding the vibrating egg where the sun don't shine.

by Anonymousreply 2203/27/2013

Its just a long weekend really - here in the UK its from Thursday afternoon to Tuesday am ... for those in work, but as I am just retired its just another weekend. We will have some friends for dinner on Sunday. Must plan some menus,.

Weather is still freezing here, we cant even open the windows yet ... and it will be cold over weekend too.

by Anonymousreply 2303/27/2013

I'd love some advice, fellow DLers. I was recently invited to an Easter pot-luck brunch in my apt building; it is specifically an "early" brunch - 11:00-1:00 PM (host has another obligation.)

Pot-luck. Have NO idea what to bring! Cold food, I'm told. Maybe 15 or so people.

Fruit salad? Bagels? ???? Help appreciated; TIA.

by Anonymousreply 2403/27/2013

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 2503/27/2013

Not a goddamned thing.

by Anonymousreply 2603/27/2013

Heading back over to Bennie's place. He's arranged an special Easter Parade (wink wink)of his fave altar boys. We'll all have a dip in the pool, and afterwards he wants another Sex and the City marathon while gorging ourselves on gelatto.

by Anonymousreply 2703/27/2013

Oooh oooh what you know?

Oooh oooh what you know?

It's the Carmilita Ooh Ooh Show

Ooh Ooh

by Anonymousreply 2803/27/2013

A friend is letting my gf and me use her house in Incline Village (Lake Tahoe) for a long weekend. We're on the road now and should be there by 2am, we'll be there until Tuesday evening. No plans except sleeping in, reading, walking on the beach and hiking around Sand Harbor and the forest around the area.

by Anonymousreply 2903/29/2013

eat some jellybeans

by Anonymousreply 3003/29/2013

r24 Deviled eggs or a fruit tray from the deli maybe?

by Anonymousreply 3103/29/2013

Church

by Anonymousreply 3203/29/2013

I'm gonna get my plump snauer motherfucking shanked by my boy toy whose gonna be wearing a bunny costume with a hole in the crotch for his mucho gigante braciole! I'm gonna where a delicate Easter bonnet that makes me look like a pastel Carmen miranda. After I get fucked we are gonna have an Easter egg hunt and make kwanza cake.

by Anonymousreply 3303/29/2013

And I meant wear bitches, girlfriend's on her iPhone, soon to be. I- boned!

by Anonymousreply 3403/29/2013

Changing my oil.

by Anonymousreply 3503/29/2013

Getting fucked a lot.

by Anonymousreply 3603/29/2013

[R20] Yeah, minimum wage losers like medical professionals, people in law enforcement, and firefighters.

Many people don't work in offices M-F 9-5.

by Anonymousreply 3703/29/2013

Eat some hot assssss....

by Anonymousreply 3803/29/2013

Fucking like bunnies.

by Anonymousreply 3903/29/2013

[quote]only someone with a minimum wage loser job works Sundays.

Or someone who's not a cubefrau.

by Anonymousreply 4003/29/2013

[quote] Weather is still freezing here, we cant even open the windows yet

Same here on the Twin fForks of Long Island. My house cats are going stir crazy. We've got spring birds singing -- song sparrows, male cardinals practicing their mating trills, redwing blackbirds, grackles and the robins are singing vespers, but it's still cold as fuck. The cats hear the birdsong and yearn for us to open the windows so they can sit and sniff the air and watch the birdies, but they'll have to wait.

I'm going to color eggs on Saturday night. We all like hard boiled eggs, so they won't go to waste. My kid is 14 but I still make an Easter basket for him with a choc bunny and some Cadbury and some Reese's eggs. He hates peeps and jelly beans.

It's supposed to rain on Easter Sunday, so wtf. I'm not making any kind of dinner. My partner only eats fish, no other meat and I hate fish. We all pretty much concoct our own meals. I guarantee my Jewish partner will once again call the local pizza place and wonder why on earth no one is answering on a weekend night.

by Anonymousreply 4103/29/2013

Banana bread pudding and a couple of bottles of Prosecco, R24. Don't over think this.

Here are a bunch of recipes:

by Anonymousreply 4203/29/2013

WHITE PARTY!

by Anonymousreply 4303/29/2013

[quote] Cold food, I'm told. Maybe 15 or so people.

Pasta salad

Brown rice salad or a rice pilaf

Mediterranean salad -- lots of online recipes. Olives, tomatoes, rice, onion, oregano, spinach leaves, feta cheese, cucumber

Pita bread, hummus and tahini -- or use sliced cucumbers instead of pita bread if you want to avoid extra carbs.

Noodle pudding

Rice pudding

Bean salad -- lots of different types. You've got your three bean salad; a chick pea salad with onion, spinach, parsley, rosemary, finely chopped cucumber; a southwestern black bean salad with corn, chopped tomato and chopped avocado; a Mexican bean salad with lime, salsa, cilantro and Tabasco

Shrimp. Make your own cocktail sauce with horseradish, ketchup, lemon juice and Worcester and a touch of Tabasco and chili sauce

by Anonymousreply 4403/29/2013

After both my parents passed away, this will be my 1st Easter alone. Siblings will all be going to their in-laws for dinner. Kinda sucks, but I'll find a way to make the day fun or productive. . . one of the two.

by Anonymousreply 4503/29/2013

[quote]WHITE PARTY!

Erm, shouldn't that be the Purple Party, heretic?

by Anonymousreply 4603/29/2013

Get some frozen mozzarella sticks that come with a sauce packet. Put in oven and bring to party. People will eat room temperature mozzarella sticks and tomato sauce.

I bought some TGIF breaded green beans with wasabi dip and they were a huge hit at Christmas. You can always use raw green beans and supply a dip of your own making or just make roasted balsamic green beans or roasted Parmesan green beans as a dish.

by Anonymousreply 4703/29/2013

Having dinner with the family in Rancho Mirage, near Palm Springs. Wonder if I'll see Paris Hilton's parents like last year. Paris not there, but her little sisters or cousins were appropriately slutty looking.

by Anonymousreply 4803/29/2013

Going to my mom's with my partner and my dad (parents are divorced but still friends).

Mom is doing the butterflied lamb and peas, I'm doing the asparagus risotto.

Then bunny cake. funfun.

by Anonymousreply 4903/29/2013

[qoute]Going to my mom's with my partner and my dad

You sicko. And rubbing it in your mom's face, too!

by Anonymousreply 5003/29/2013

That sounds tasty, r49. You're making me miss my grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 5103/29/2013

Certainly not shopping. The damn stores are closed.

by Anonymousreply 5203/29/2013

Why do people keep wishing others a happy Easter? Are they so clueless they don't know not everyone is religious?

by Anonymousreply 5303/31/2013

Glad to have the day off. Went to Family DOllar and bought a Reb Baron pizza on sale. Watched some old movies. It's gray and sprinkly out, and the temp is falling.

by Anonymousreply 5403/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.