Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chely Wright Says Brad Paisley Believes Being Gay is a CHOICE!

In Chely Wright's book she says Brad is very right wing and religious in his beliefs.

She says when the topic of homosexuality came up Brad felt being gay is a CHOICE.

That either people are choosing to be gay, or they were molested as a young child, which led them to choose this lifestyle.

It is right there in her book.

by Anonymousreply 4011/09/2013

GAYS NEED TO DROP HIM.

by Anonymousreply 103/26/2013

None of the Brad fans are coming out to discuss this post.

by Anonymousreply 203/27/2013

I don't think he has any gay fans, his music sucks and gays have good taste, generally.

by Anonymousreply 303/27/2013

Chely Wright opened a gay community center here in Kansas City called LIKE ME LIGHTHOUSE. She is not snooty at all and though I have not met her, many of my friends have and say she is a treasure.

That's too bad about Brad Paisley, I enjoyed some of his music. Being gay clearly is not a choice and I don't know how anyone in 2013 could think that.

by Anonymousreply 403/27/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 503/27/2013

In fairness R4 Brad's comments were almost 20 years ago when he and Chely were dating.

Brad is now married to Liberal Kimberly Williams, so maybe his views have evolved.

Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 703/27/2013

I'm 31 and I had to look him up to know who the hell he is.

Cute guy. If this is true, he doesn't know what his opinion implicates - if homosexuality is a choice, then so is heterosexuality. He is essentially saying one can choose to be either, which sheds suspicion on his own heterosexuality. Most closeted gay men believe this.

According to his Wiki page, he was involved with a closeted lesbian (Ms Wright of the OP's subject). She said she picked him to have a hetersoxeual relationship with because "he’s wickedly smart, which is one of the reasons why I made the decision to spend time with him. I loved Brad. I never had the capacity to fall in love with him, but I figured if I’m gonna live a less than satisfied life, this is the guy I could live my life with. If I’m gonna be with a boy, this is the boy." I think that says it all.

Paisley was also involved in a project for CW network in which he was executive producer for a pilot called Nashville. It was co-created and co-written by Matthew Bomer and starred Zachary Quinto.

The man is surrounded by queers!

by Anonymousreply 803/27/2013

I didn't realize the comment was twent years ago, thanks for letting me know.

by Anonymousreply 903/27/2013

Good to know before his new album comes out in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 1003/27/2013

Chely only speaks highly of him and expresses deep regret that she used him and lied to him about herself. I've met her and interviewed her. She's very charming and earnest, and you can tell how much her time in the closet wounded her. I don't think 20-year-old comments about gays should be held against anyone unless they've been repeating them in the ensuing 2 decades. A whole lot of people have changed their minds about us in the last ten years.

by Anonymousreply 1103/27/2013

The idea about gay being a choice always make me laugh because that seems like they're saying they could be or somehow could suck a dick or something. I know many gay people who could never have hetero sex and vice-versa. There would just be no way that they could get aroused, but if its a "choice", I guess that means they could potentially have a cock in their mouth or ass one day.

by Anonymousreply 1203/27/2013

Well, given Chely chose to be "straight" while with him, I can see where he got the idea.

by Anonymousreply 1303/27/2013

And dumb gays were actually stupid enough to drool over him. Same old story - Gays worshipping a homophobic asshole.

by Anonymousreply 1503/27/2013

I tend to agree with R14.

For closeted bisexuals, it is a choice in their minds. They only choose to show the world their straight side.

by Anonymousreply 1603/27/2013

his song "Alcohol" is just stupid and juvenile. His other ones I can't even recall because they were pretty bad, too. I actually think Nicole's hubby, the country singer, is better, although he's not as dreamy as this one.

by Anonymousreply 1703/27/2013

I don;t believe there are Brad Paisley fans on DL, so who cares?

by Anonymousreply 1803/27/2013

[quote]Paisley was also involved in a project for CW network in which he was executive producer for a pilot called Nashville. It was co-created and co-written by Matthew Bomer and starred Zachary Quinto.

I think the NASHVILLE show got made without them.

by Anonymousreply 1903/27/2013

I'm not surprised by that revelation at all. It is common for many country artists to be religious, but some are more devout and right wing than others.

by Anonymousreply 2003/27/2013

How transparent, just proves He's GAY & chooses not to act on it, so He thinks all gays should follow suit & resist their natural inclination. To make a statement like this, means you are speaking from personal experience !!!

by Anonymousreply 2103/27/2013

Theres one less Brad PAISLEY fan in the world now !

by Anonymousreply 2206/29/2013

Brad Paisley can suck it ! He sucks anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2306/30/2013

Who?

by Anonymousreply 2406/30/2013

[quote]Theres one less Brad PAISLEY fan in the world now !

So there's one left.

by Anonymousreply 2506/30/2013

We need to keep in mind that the right/christian group indoctrinate this shit into their minions.

It's subtle, just like the use of the "choice" word. It's why you lost prop 8 lost. TV commercial, women are chatting, "oh, it's not that we don't like the gays, after all MY SISTER IN LAW CHOSE that lifestyle and we lover her so much.We are Christians though." Vote NO on prop 8

by Anonymousreply 2606/30/2013

I googled Brad Paisley + homophobic and found this line in an article about homophobia in music:

"Country performers Big & Rich and Brad Paisley often speak out against gay rights."

It's from a 2011 and it doesn't look he's referring to 20 yr old events. It'd be nice if his defenders here would admit they just want to suck his cock and don't care that he's a homophobe. The little head always does the thinking for the big head, for some. So pathetic because he's short and only moderately hot.

by Anonymousreply 2706/30/2013

I volunteer to molest Brad Paisley until he chooses to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 2806/30/2013

I don't know who he is and I refuse to pay attention to him.

by Anonymousreply 2906/30/2013

R29 = Lucille Bluth

by Anonymousreply 3006/30/2013

The pilot NASHVILLE that Bomer co-wrote was with Neal Dodson. Dodson is Brad Paisley's brother-in-law through actresses Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Ashley Williams (Dodson's wife).

Oddly, Ashley Williams and Bomer were costars in the 2005 Fox pilot "Amy Coyne."

by Anonymousreply 3106/30/2013

I googled images to see what this guy looks like. The eyebrows my dears! No straight man has such carefully sculpted eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 3206/30/2013

These people! I was friends with a religious woman who told me she thought my being gay was a choice. They never are able to answer when you turn it around and ask them when they decided to become straight. I still remember her that day. Uh, ummm, uh, ummm, you know I didn't "decide." I just "was."

Hmmm, I said.

by Anonymousreply 3306/30/2013

I don't think Brad Paisley is gay he's never really showed him being a homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 3408/01/2013

How do you get your cunt to talk like that, Jessica?

by Anonymousreply 3611/07/2013

R35, poke yourself in both eyes with a pair of breadsticks. We do not have to be "kind and accepting" of anyone's wrong views on gays.

Both eyes, Jessica. Both eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3711/07/2013

He and some twat just sang an anti-Obamacare song at the country awards.

by Anonymousreply 3811/07/2013

He has a song called "Accidental Racist", where he defends wearing the Confederate Flag and whines about having to "walk on eggshells" in the South(!).

He is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3911/07/2013

Well, Chely's parents have lived here a long time, so I guess they should know!

by Anonymousreply 4011/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.